Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn traded to Sabres

LGR4GM

McGinn was a regular healthy scratch on the Arizona Coyotes last year, a team known for its forward stalwarts such as Richardson, Martinook, Holland, Jooris, and Burmistrov 

In today's episode of "you don't need great wingers to put up points with O'Reilly and Eichel" I give you Jamie McGinn! I remain dumfounded by the angst over not keeping him.

In today's episode of "you don't need great wingers to put up points with O'Reilly and Eichel" I give you Jamie McGinn! I remain dumfounded by the angst over not keeping him.

We should put this theory to the test and put Reinhart at center while giving him both Kane and Okposo as his wingers and letting O'Reilly and Eichel get whomever is left (Pouliot, Pominville, Girgensons, etc.).

Yo.

I did it specifically because of Grigs and Zads both possibly going to the KHL, and didn't think it deserved its own thread.

Not knocking it, but it's a lot of effort, and will inevitably lead into re-hashing this trade again. Could've just thrown it in the Around thread, but eh, whatever works

Not knocking it, but it's a lot of effort, and will inevitably lead into re-hashing this trade again. Could've just thrown it in the Around thread, but eh, whatever works

Let's rehash the trade!

We bamboozled the Avs.

/rehash

We should put this theory to the test and put Reinhart at center while giving him both Kane and Okposo as his wingers and letting O'Reilly and Eichel get whomever is left (Pouliot, Pominville, Girgensons, etc.).

Pretty sure this is sarcastic, but I'd be into it.

Edited by dudacek

Pretty sure this is sarcastic, but I'd be into it.

I'd seriously give it a shot. Reinhart needs to learn the center position and the best way to get him acclimated is to give him our best wingers. If he can't produce with those guys flanking him then it will be obvious that he needs to stay at wing and we'll have to hope Mittelstadt assumes the 3rd center spot in our future murderer's row.

I'd seriously give it a shot. Reinhart needs to learn the center position and the best way to get him acclimated is to give him our best wingers. If he can't produce with those guys flanking him then it will be obvious that he needs to stay at wing and we'll have to hope Mittelstadt assumes the 3rd center spot in our future murderer's row.

I kind of wonder if Kane and Pominville would make good wingers for Samson. Pominville skates down the wing and fires the puck at the GT and creates a rebound; Kane either cashes it or passes to the trailing Reinhart who then sauces an incredible pass to one of them or a D coming down into the slot.

McGinn was a regular healthy scratch on the Arizona Coyotes last year, a team known for its forward stalwarts such as Richardson, Martinook, Holland, Jooris, and Burmistrov 

McGinn had some true chemistry on our club...I don't think he has scored that much since...On the Sabres, he was agressive and seemed happy. But he overvalued himself. Some players get lost when they've been traded to the wrong team or traded too much. Arizona has been on the verge of moving for years...They always seem like a generic team with no focus. Maybe his bad season or two might lead to a price drop.

Edited by Marvelo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.