Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn traded to Sabres

LGR4GM

I wonder if Randall Flagg has any insight into this play. If he did I surely would read it and not ignore it and imagine that Ryan O'Reilly made magic on this play.

Haha, the magic was the entire rush and scoring chance that allowed the defenders to change, and ultimately resulted in an offensive zone draw on the PK. ROR is the man.

• 3 weeks later...

O'Reilly hasn't had a goal since January 8th. He's been registering points in the assists department and doing well in the faceoff circle, but what happened to lighting the lamp? Tired from the amount of minutes he has played this season? A little bad luck? Any major change on his line? Now, I'm not putting down the guy at all. O'Reilly is a great player, and I still can't decide between if I'm getting his jersey or Eichel's. Just wondering what has happened to his goal production. I've missed quite a few games since the beginning of January (coach track and field). I'd just like to have a little input from those that have seen most of the games played since the beginning of January. Thanks in advance! 

Edited by GoPre

I didn't mean that all. The guy is legit. No worries at all. I was just curious what happened to his goal production.

My personal feeling is that he could have used the All Star Break off... But what do I know. He definitely logs a lot of minutes. The good news is that others have picked up where he dropped off.

Go for the Eichel jersey.

RYAN O'REILLY WILL BE FINE.

Gotta say this is my favorite board meme.

As long as O'Reilly is getting assists, it doesn't bother me that he's not scoring as many goals. They are both worth 1 point, after all. His assists have picked up where his goals dropped off.

• 2 weeks later...

Grigorenko been moved up to center Duchene and Iginla.

Was curious and went to some avalanche boards, and they seem to be happy with the move.

Yes. Duchene has been far more productive while on the ice with Grigs than he has with any other forward. 4.68GF/60. The next closest is Soderberg at 4.18 but that's a very small sample size and after Soda it's Mackinnon at 2.55. 

Duchene has almost been twice as productive while on the ice with Grigorenko than he has been while on the ice with Mackinnon.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.