Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn traded to Sabres

LGR4GM

The only thing that worried me about that was Samson didn't keep his feet. he got right back up. Really that was nothing. IMO. 

He should expect to get his ass dumped hanging out there. And he will. And he shouldn't stop. 

Agree with it all.  He will find out that may be the first but it won't be the last time he takes a bit of a shot hacking at a goalie at the whistle.  He has to keep that up.  Again, I just didn't see too much that warranted a teammate to jump in based on that play.

And yeah, the Hawks stick up for each other. Including their captain

Oh come on man, that was a hit from behind, when the puck was nowhere near him and if that's what happened to Reinhart then I would hope ROR (or anyone would jump in).  Totally different situations.

Edit - After watching again, was that a slue foot?

Edited by Derrico

And when Torres destroyed Hossa

Oh come on man, that was a hit from behind, when the puck was nowhere near him and if that's what happened to Reinhart then I would hope ROR (or anyone would jump in).  Totally different situations.

Edit - After watching again, was that a slue foot?

Crosby's wasn't at all. Crosby was doing the same thing Samson was

Like I said, look at Crosby's.

And as I said earlier, it's not just Samson. Ennis had a bad hit into the boards too, and nothing happened

I don't recall that play and I'd be disappointed if it should have been addressed and wasn't.  But IMO, the Reinhart play last night did not warrant anything else.  I guess we're going to have to end on an agree to disagree on this one.  I am with you that I don't want it becoming a trend that the Sabres won't stick up for each other though.  That I certainly can get on board with.  I just don't fault ROR for the play last night.

The whistle was blown and your 20 year old building block got decked from behind. Crease or not, O'reilly needs to stick up for Reinhart. Or someone does at least. 

Reinhart was standing next to the goalie and got a little shove.  Shouldn't have gone down but he did.  That play happens 5+ times a night.  Nothing to see here.

Reinhart was standing next to the goalie and got a little shove.  Shouldn't have gone down but he did.  That play happens 5+ times a night.  Nothing to see here.

I see it differently 

But mostly I'm just posting in a futile effort to beat you to 6k 

Edited by WildCard

You should play hockey with me and I'll teach you all about getting knocked on your ass  :devil:

Please, stay away from my ass qwk 

I can't skate for so I would imagine I would get murdered in a real hockey game. I play a ton of pond hockey, but that's just getting drunk and trying to learn how to skate backwards

Edited by WildCard

Please, stay away from my ass qwk

I can't skate for ###### so I would imagine I would get murdered in a real hockey game. I play a ton of pond hockey, but that's just getting drunk and trying to learn how to skate backwards

Hey man, if Cody Franson can get to the NHL without being able to skate backwards, you can play beer league.

That's how you learn, though!

Slowly getting there. I can skate forwards pretty well, cross-over and all that jazz when turning, but I can really only turn well going left. As kids our local rink only allowed counter-clockwise paths, so we all got really good at turning left, and only left. It's like Zoolander on ice

Hey man, if Cody Franson can get to the NHL without being able to skate backwards, you can play beer league.

:lol:  :lol:

Everybody loves calling Grigorenko a bust since the trade.

...did any of those people watch the end of last season closely? Grigorenko is an NHL player, and might even be a good 2nd liner some day.

I feel he may become Semin lite. A productive offensive player who doesn't always show up. He'll leave a bad taste in most fans mouths, except for those who don't ingest the Grigo hype. Some nights, he'll climax with loads of points but often he will leave the avs wanting more.

I feel he may become Semin lite. A productive offensive player who doesn't always show up. He'll leave a bad taste in most fans mouths, except for those who don't ingest the Grigo hype. Some nights, he'll climax with loads of points but often he will leave the avs wanting more.

All of this sounds like "offensive 2nd line player" to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.