Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn traded to Sabres

LGR4GM

It's still quite early to dump too heavily on Zadorov, especially given his coaching. He was viewed as a boom or bust prospect who would need fairly significant development time to harness his raw tools. He hasn't gotten that time to this point as a combination of his team's and himself (or agent) have tried to fast track him to the NHL. Big development mistake IMO.

That said, all the warning signs have been clear for quite some time now--I don't know how anyone could expect a ton from him in the near term. Oh that's right, Colorado's management is incompetent.

It's still quite early to dump too heavily on Zadorov, especially given his coaching. He was viewed as a boom or bust prospect who would need fairly significant development time to harness his raw tools. He hasn't gotten that time to this point as a combination of his team's and himself (or agent) have tried to fast track him to the NHL. Big development mistake IMO.

That said, all the warning signs have been clear for quite some time now--I don't know how anyone could expect a ton from him in the near term. Oh that's right, Colorado's management is incompetent.

They really are. I don't get what they are trying to do. Also Roy sucks as a coach. 

The more I think about this trade, the more it makes no sense. What were the Avs doing? What the ###### were they doing?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My guess is with their internal budget they only felt they could keep 2 of O'Reilly, MacKinnon and Duchene while still icing the rest of the team. No way they were jettisoning MacKinnon, and Duchene was already under contract for less than O'Reilly was going to get. So O'Reilly was sacrificed to the cheap owner gods.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My guess is with their internal budget they only felt they could keep 2 of O'Reilly, MacKinnon and Duchene while still icing the rest of the team. No way they were jettisoning MacKinnon, and Duchene was already under contract for less than O'Reilly was going to get. So O'Reilly was sacrificed to the cheap owner gods.

McGinn too? For Zadorov plus garbage? If we were able to lock up O'Reilly pretty easily on a long term deal there should've been plenty of takers.

I think the league misenterpreted their cheapness as O'Reilly being difficult to negotiate with.

So they screwed themselves over, and over, and over.

Sabres were one of the few teams with prospects, cash and cap space.

And it was by intent.

It would be interesting to see what the other options were. Mckenzie said most of the league was interested, but being interests and being in a position to bid are two different things,

Haven't read most of this thread, but isn't it true Colorado may be parting ways w/ Duchene via trade before his contract closes out? Talk about an f up by Colorado management if that is true. To think Statsny, O'Reilly and and Duchene gone w/ possibly little to show for it. Just thought O'Reilly wasn't kept in town to help ensure Duchene remains in Colorado. 

Edited by Thanes16

Haven't read most of this thread, but isn't it true Colorado may be parting ways w/ Duchene via trade before his contract closes out? Talk about an f up by Colorado management if that is true. To think Statsny, O'Reilly and and Duchene gone w/ possibly little to show for it. Just thought O'Reilly wasn't kept in town to help ensure Duchene remains in Colorado. 

Sakic and Roy have to clue what they are doing. 

I'm going to leave this here

@Hope_Smoke: Mckenzie "to give up a player like O'Reilly, get the building blocks back and then not have them come through is frustrating"

@Hope_Smoke: Mckenzie also mentioned how he expected more from Zadorov at this point

When Zadorov coasted the last 20 games last season, major flags were raised with me. Some said it was Nolan, playing in a tank season, etc. My argument was simple; you either have a passion to play or not. It isn't something you turn off and on, especially as a young player.

GO SABRES!!!

When Zadorov coasted the last 20 games last season, major flags were raised with me. Some said it was Nolan, playing in a tank season, etc. My argument was simple; you either have a passion to play or not. It isn't something you turn off and on, especially as a young player.

GO SABRES!!!

Zad is in it for the money.  He'll get his millions and retire.  No passion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.