Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn traded to Sabres

LGR4GM

Grigorenko is a victim of Darcy's haste and paranoia. I will always believe that. He could have been handled so much better.

Sure, it wasn't the perfect situation for him, but there was a lot of of flaws from his side as well. Inability to improve skating and his poor attitude didn't help at all.

I don't think Zadorov should have been anywhere near an NHL rink last year in normal circumstances. The kid has got miles of talent, and hits like a train. But even in Nolan's tethered and simple approach (the simplest really), Zadorov was pretty undisciplined.

I don't think Zadorov was a player you just give away, but there were a lot of warning signs with Zadorov and somebody has to pay a price to develop him. 

I'm glad the Sabres won't. Let Colorado take a full swing on him.  Maybe they hit a homerun. Maybe they fan out. 

For me, I'm tired of the projects and learning curves. 

I don't think Zadorov should have been anywhere near an NHL rink last year in normal circumstances. The kid has got miles of talent, and hits like a train. But even in Nolan's tethered and simple approach (the simplest really), Zadorov was pretty undisciplined.

I don't think Zadorov was a player you just give away, but there were a lot of warning signs with Zadorov and somebody has to pay a price to develop him. 

I'm glad the Sabres won't. Let Colorado take a full swing on him.  Maybe they hit a homerun. Maybe they fan out. 

For me, I'm tired of the projects and learning curves. 

Amen.  we got a real, live, honest-to-goodness hockey player.  I'm good.  My take is, Nikita was traded because that's what COL really wanted in the deal. No more.  No less.

You could say that times 10 for the people who worship O'Reilly and his intabgibles.

The difference, of course, is O'Reilly is a proven top line forward. Unless, for some reason, you don't consider the guy centering Landeskog and MacKinnon to be a top line forward.

To be fair O'Reilly's shown that his dick does belong as True's toothbrush, he's been as advertised. Though 9/10 dentists don't recommend

I...I don't even know what to do with this :lol:

Amen.  we got a real, live, honest-to-goodness hockey player.  I'm good.  My take is, Nikita was traded because that's what COL really wanted in the deal. No more.  No less.

they wanted ristolainen though, had to settle for zadorov.

Edited by Huckleberry

The difference, of course, is O'Reilly is a proven top line forward. Unless, for some reason, you don't consider the guy centering Landeskog and MacKinnon to be a top line forward.

I...I don't even know what to do with this :lol:

I never said I don't consider him a top line forward. He certainly is for us, at least this season, and he has been for Colorado. I don't think a forward who has broken the 20 goal plateau just one time in 5/6 seasons (depending on whether you want to count the lockout year) is worth $7.5 million dollars a year. He just isn't, especially since we already have other centers who should hopefully supplant him within the next couple of seasons. I know everyone gets a hard on for his possession stats and takeaway numbers but that shouldn't put him in the category of what he's making. And I know the next argument is that once Eichel and Reinhart are ready they can always shift him to wing, but he's not worth $7.5 million to play wing. For that kind of money for a winger we could get a player who scores goals and actually protects his teammates. In last night's game somebody on Florida just knocked Reinhart on his ass like a rag doll after the whistle and nobody did anything about it including Mr. Intangibles who just watched it happen. I bet if Kane had been on the ice there would have at least been a scuffle or some level of pushback. We'll probably lose Kane once his contract is up though because we'll have to pay Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensons, and Ristolainen non-ELC money and we're paying a king's ransom for O'Reilly 16.8 goal average (removing his lockout shortened season).

We just disagree. I don't think he's worth what we're paying him or worth what we had to give up to get him. Apparently Colorado didn't either because all his recurring contract issues it was clear they had no interest in keeping him long term for the amount of money he and his agent were asking for.

Got something in your mouth?

Just a typo. Nothing in my mouth. I probably don't get the kind of action a guy sporting a wolf and moon avatar would get, although you might want to upgrade to the 3 wolf moon so you can be awesome like these guys.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-Three-Short-Sleeve/product-reviews/B002HJ377A

I never said I don't consider him a top line forward. He certainly is for us, at least this season, and he has been for Colorado. I don't think a forward who has broken the 20 goal plateau just one time in 5/6 seasons (depending on whether you want to count the lockout year) is worth $7.5 million dollars a year. He just isn't, especially since we already have other centers who should hopefully supplant him within the next couple of seasons. I know everyone gets a hard on for his possession stats and takeaway numbers but that shouldn't put him in the category of what he's making. And I know the next argument is that once Eichel and Reinhart are ready they can always shift him to wing, but he's not worth $7.5 million to play wing. For that kind of money for a winger we could get a player who scores goals and actually protects his teammates. In last night's game somebody on Florida just knocked Reinhart on his ass like a rag doll after the whistle and nobody did anything about it including Mr. Intangibles who just watched it happen. I bet if Kane had been on the ice there would have at least been a scuffle or some level of pushback. We'll probably lose Kane once his contract is up though because we'll have to pay Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensons, and Ristolainen non-ELC money and we're paying a king's ransom for O'Reilly 16.8 goal average (removing his lockout shortened season).

We just disagree. I don't think he's worth what we're paying him or worth what we had to give up to get him. Apparently Colorado didn't either because all his recurring contract issues it was clear they had no interest in keeping him long term for the amount of money he and his agent were asking for.

Just a typo. Nothing in my mouth. I probably don't get the kind of action a guy sporting a wolf and moon avatar would get, although you might want to upgrade to the 3 wolf moon so you can be awesome like these guys.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-Three-Short-Sleeve/product-reviews/B002HJ377A

:thumbsup:

ROR at wing actually is good.  It means the Center on his line can cheat more in the offensive zone because ROR can cover up.  I don't think ROR will be worth the 7.5mil price tag but that's already done so we will need to figure out how to utilize him.

ROR at wing actually is good.  It means the Center on his line can cheat more in the offensive zone because ROR can cover up.  I don't think ROR will be worth the 7.5mil price tag but that's already done so we will need to figure out how to utilize him.

Here I thought we finally had you converted :P

I don't get how anyone can say in x years time we will have x player to supplement him.  You know what winning teams all have?  Depth.  They have top line guys playing on 2/3 lines.  The original anti-ROR discussion was we don't need ROR because we have him already in Girgs.  I said it before and I'll say it again, in three years time when were in the Eastern Conference Finals and it's Game 6, your going to be dying to get as many players similar to ROR/Girgs on your team as possible.

I don't get how anyone can say in x years time we will have x player to supplement him.  You know what winning teams all have?  Depth.  They have top line guys playing on 2/3 lines.  The original anti-ROR discussion was we don't need ROR because we have him already in Girgs.  I said it before and I'll say it again, in three years time when were in the Eastern Conference Finals and it's Game 6, your going to be dying to get as many players similar to ROR/Girgs on your team as possible.

I don't disagree.  I just don't think he will live up to the 7.5mil price tag.  ROR is a very good player. If in 2 years in game 7 of the cup finals Reinhart gets tossed from the circle, I want ROR on the ice to take that draw if needed.

I don't disagree.  I just don't think he will live up to the 7.5mil price tag.  ROR is a very good player. If in 2 years in game 7 of the cup finals Reinhart gets tossed from the circle, I want ROR on the ice to take that draw if needed.

That's fair.  We've already debated where we both think the cap is going and what a 7.5 mil player will be worth in 4 or 5 years so no sense rehashing it.  It's not his faceoff ability I love.  it's the leadership and all around gameplay. 

I don't get how anyone can say in x years time we will have x player to supplement him. You know what winning teams all have? Depth. They have top line guys playing on 2/3 lines. The original anti-ROR discussion was we don't need ROR because we have him already in Girgs. I said it before and I'll say it again, in three years time when were in the Eastern Conference Finals and it's Game 6, your going to be dying to get as many players similar to ROR/Girgs on your team as possible.

This team won't sniff the ECF without seriously upgrading their LHDs. Gorges, McCabe, and Weber isn't going to get it done. They need a lefty for the top pair and for McCabe to develop into a top 4 so Gorges can move to bottom pair and Weber can be 7th.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.