How many words does GMTM say before Jack Eichel

LGR4GM

As fruit of the tank, yeah you all knew we were doing it, the Sabres select, oh hey, thanks for the nice suite, real comfy.. As I was saying, since the lottery was rigged against us and we can't select first and the pick we really wanted is now gone to that tundra wasteland for hockey players and number one picks, oh yea, high Mom, the Sabres have no choice but to pick the consolation prize for making our fans suffer through what can only be described as absymal hockey.  A promise begun by the previous regime and completed by me, the Sabres select the only thing that makes sense..  With the number two pick in the draft, the Sabres would like to thanks the league for jobbing us, but see we knew, I knew who we were getting all along and we now pick...  

Ding ... time... 

The Arizona Coyotes select Jack Eichel

Amusing but not possible. The paperwork for the pick is submitted before they leave the table so it is already official. 

Tim Murray walks to the podium.  Puts both hands upon it,  leans into the mic, and looks up.  Silence.  After an icy stare into the crowd, TM just starts nodding his head yes.  The camera cuts to Eichel, with a clearly weirded out and confused look on his face, eyes darting back and forth, slowly rises up out of his seat at the urging of the surrounding people in his camp.  Jack shrugs, removes his suit jacket, and confidently walks to the stage to accept his jersey.

I think he goes up to the podium, unzips his pants and flops his ###### out on the stage floor. On it, tattooed in Blue and Gold, is JACK EICHEL.

Actually it says CONNOR MCDAVID  JACK EICHEL

This thread is cracking me up. Well done, folks.

Apparently dropping the microphone is the epitome of impressive these days. I'm guessing you were all big fans of the 8 mile movie too or was it someone else who popularized it? Not sure I get what's so awesome about it but to each his own.

Have you never seen Coming to America??

It would be amusing if Murray created this long 4-5 minutes speech about something complete random prior to the pick.

Tim Murray's draft speech: "Growing up I always wanted a unicorn.  Not just any unicorn mind you, but a rainbow colored pink fluffy unicorn.  It would carry me here and there during the brief Canadian summer.  We would laugh and play together.  We both would like the same things on our poutine.  Alas my unicorn dream was not meant to be.  I blame a world too afraid of such wonderful creatures. A world that just wasn't ready to frolic in a field of flowers with something so magical.  Since my unicorn dream died I turned my attention to another dream. One that sparkles silver like my unicorns magnificent horn.  That of Lord Stanley's Cup.  I long to drink from that mighty challice the blood of my fallen enemies while I sit in a CHL arena scouting a new player who one day might also touch that cup.  In order for my dream to be fulfilled I must set aside my more humorous nature and become the determined General of a team that sits in disgrace.  The road will be hard and arduous. We will fail at times but like a Phoenix, not the hockey team, we shall rise from the ashes stronger than before.  We will be the mythical unicorn of the NHL.  Magical, powerful, stunning in our championship glory... oh yea Jack get your @ss up here we have work to do."

:worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

We are not worthy!

I think he walks up there and uses sign language to spell Jack Eichel. So 0 words said.

I would like to see GMTM make Eichel go up to the podium instead and shout out " Buffalo, I'm comin' for ya! ", slam a pitcher down, and drop the mic.

Have Eichel go up there and select Tim Murray.

Edited by thewookie1

###### you all. Jack Eichel.

And then Bettman steps in and says Murray, didn't you hear Edmonton shocked the hockey world and selected Eichel 5 minutes ago? Murray responds w/ a wtf! You mother ******s doing all you can to piss me off! Fine, we'll take the other guy. Murray then knocks Bettman out w/ a right hook, spits to the side  and says don't ever pull a fast one on me again. ZFG!

Edited by Thanes16

"I'd like to thank the league for screwing us out of the #1 overall pick. But ZFG. We were gonna take Jack anyway. And now ... we will crush our enemies, drive them before us. And hear the lamentations of their women."

The hockey gods will be pleased by this!

Nice work. Almost Homeric.

Robert Howard-ic. Say it like Arnold Swartzenegger would....

Edited by Woods-Racer

I'm actually curious as to whether it's some type of league rule that the GMs or whomever is announcing have to say "Buffalo selects" or "Buffalo Sabres select" in order for it to be official.

Kinda seems like it, although it might be the team PR group mandating it, too, for those future documentaries showing the pick it helps if the 5-second clip mentions the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.