Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Filly in. Baaah-stan out.

Julien out? Milbury in? Oh, pleeeeaaaaase.

Drinks on me if it happens. Not only does it torpedo a hated rival, but it gets the worst hockey analyst on TV...off TV. My only concern would be he pulls a Melrose and gets fired after like 20 games, then NBC brings him back.

TARO SEZ: MAD MIKE IS A SHOE-IN

This is why I like you :lol:

Ovi with another 50 goal season.

About 4 different times this season it seemed like he had no chance. Needing a hat trick in the second-to-last game (when they'd likely rest him in game 82) is the last time it seemed like he had no chance.

I'm enjoying every second of Ovechkin while he's still playing. Legend.

Ovi with another 50 goal season.

#Caps Alex Ovechkin is the third player in NHL history to score 50 goals in a season seven times (Mike Bossy: 9, Wayne Gretzky: 9).

I still can't believe they managed to neuter his offense a few years back by slashing his ice time into oblivion for not being dedicated enough defensively. Probably cost him 40 career goals.

Karlsson is the first defenseman to lead the league in assists since Bobby Orr tied Bobby Clarke for the lead in the 74-75 season. He finishes with 82 points in 82 games, which is the most since Leetch and Bourque had 85 and 82 points respectively in 1995-96.

Who gives a how good he is at defense.

#Caps Alex Ovechkin is the third player in NHL history to score 50 goals in a season seven times (Mike Bossy: 9, Wayne Gretzky: 9).

I still can't believe they managed to neuter his offense a few years back by slashing his ice time into oblivion for not being dedicated enough defensively. Probably cost him 40 career goals.

Fricken' a, If we had Bossy instead  of Ric Seiling....., ah, what the hell, let's go Buffalo in 2017!

Edited by Tondas

Mike Milbury apparently angling for the Bruins coaching gig if it becomes available. That's it, I'm officially Philly to make it, Julien to get fired, and Milbury to replace him.

Lol, oh the karma.  That would be truly sensational!

Puts them in the Stamkos mix, I would imagine.

His cap hit remains behind though :D

Still, Datsyuk knows that when he departs, their affection might be tinged with resentment, since he’d leave the Wings with a $7.5-million hit against their $72-million salary cap, effectively employing an empty locker for a year. Because of a quirk in the collective bargaining agreement, teams who sign players to multiyear deals after age 35 are liable for their money against the cap even if the player leaves or retires.

Hate to say it but the flyers are hot right now, EC finalist in my eyes.

edit: can't really see the panthers, lightning or wings winning from that team.

oops guess I was wrong, philly plays the caps.

Islanders get to play the panthers :p

Edited by Huckleberry