Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Full disclosure: I'm only posting this because I'm currently sad after tonight's game, not because I hate happiness in general. McDavid with 3 more points tonight.

Connor McDavid is now second in the NHL in points per game behind Patrick Kane. McDavid at a 95-point pace.

Retweet

Lik
M
Edited by TrueBlueGED

Full disclosure: I'm only posting this because I'm currently sad after tonight's game, not because I hate happiness in general. McDavid with 3 more points tonight.

James Mirtle@mirtle 2m2 minutes ago

Connor McDavid is now second in the NHL in points per game behind Patrick Kane. McDavid at a 95-point pace.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Lik

M

:(

Retweet

Lik
M

That game was awesome. McDavid is somethin' special. Eichel has all world talent, just not sure he is what McDavid is.

Sucks.

I was making a "can we afford Stamkos post" that I was really happy about how it came out. Then this. And now I'm sad again.

Hey man, it's okay. He's brittle. He will likely suffer more injuries. We've seen players like that...they usually miss a lot of the play-offs.

Connor's head works faster than his hands and feet do. It's not really fair to compare anyone to a player like him. One lottery ball away.

Gretzky?

I was making a "can we afford Stamkos post" that I was really happy about how it came out. Then this. And now I'm sad again.

It's ok. Eichel isn't McDavid. But having a great player is still having a great player. Toews is still a great player even though he isn't as good as Crosby.

Edit: I'm more annoyed that Edmonton scored 5 goals and Taylor Hall didn't get me one stinking point for my Fantasy Team.

Edited by Thorny

McDavid makes me sad for the what could of been. Eichel looks to be elite but McDavid looks generational :(

You just have to remember that it was unlikely that we were ever going to get him. It was never close. When the year finished, we only ever had a 20% chance of picking first.

McDavid makes me sad for the what could of been. Eichel looks to be elite but McDavid looks generational :(

Remember, Wayne only won SCs w/ 1 team and only made the finals 1 other time. The fans of the other 2 he played for had to be satisfied w/ the satisfaction of watching him play every game.

Eichel could have a supporting squad far closer to the Great One's than Connor will have. Chirelli is knowledgeable, so maybe it's a wash. But if Jack does, I like his chances for raising a huge chalice better than the Bieber look alike.

Shane Doan is now the leading scorer all-time for the Arizona Coyotes (including the Winnipeg Jets years). He has 931 points (3 tonight), passing Dale Hawerchuk with 929. The Desert People are happy the franchise record happened in the desert.

All 5 of them celebrated their just deserts.