Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

:beer: :beer:

Some undetermined time in the future: Buffalo has agreed to a major trade with Philadelphia. Details to come.

*WildCard, quietly studying in the library, begins to wildly fistpump*

Buffalo has acquired Luke Schenn. And it sounds like Wayne Simmonds is headed to Toronto.

*WildCard sets the stacks on fire*

Some undetermined time in the future: Buffalo has agreed to a major trade with Philadelphia. Details to come.

*WildCard, quietly studying in the library, begins to wildly fistpump*

Buffalo has acquired Luke Schenn. And it sounds like Wayne Simmonds is headed to Toronto.

*WildCard sets the stacks on fire*

That's actually pretty close to the truth. I really wish I could make this my signature, very well done  :worthy:  :lol:

Though, who knows. Maybe it's the Sharks. Is there anyone we could want from them?

That's actually pretty close to the truth. I really wish I could make this my signature, very well done  :worthy:  :lol:

Though, who knows. Maybe it's the Sharks. Is there anyone we could want from them?

Logan Cotoure

Ennis for Fowler rumours keep coming up.    Now its said Cogliano is in the mix as well according to Spector.

Seems to me like the ducks asking price is to steep at the moment and they probably threw in Cogliano as bait/dump and Timmeh wants nothing to do with this.

In the end I think we could end up with a.

Fowler + Silfverberg for Ennis + zemgus + 1st.

Ennis for Fowler rumours keep coming up.    Now its said Cogliano is in the mix as well according to Spector.

Seems to me like the ducks asking price is to steep at the moment and they probably threw in Cogliano as bait/dump and Timmeh wants nothing to do with this.

In the end I think we could end up with a.

Fowler + Silfverberg for Ennis + zemgus + 1st.

Way too rich for my blood. 

By the way, who is Spector? 

The Ducks have a ton of real nice prospects, and a lot of those include d-men. They're looking to win now, and are pretty desperate to do so given their playoffs woes for nearly the last decade. They could be desperate to get Ennis

Way too rich for my blood. 

By the way, who is Spector? 

The Ducks have a ton of real nice prospects, and a lot of those include d-men. They're looking to win now, and are pretty desperate to do so given their playoffs woes for nearly the last decade. They could be desperate to get Ennis

Yeah just saying the asking price is high I think.

http://spectorshockey.net site is offline for me at the moment though.

Edited by Huckleberry

Zemgus and our 1st are off limits in my opinion, the team hasn't been anywhere near as deep with Girgs injured. The 1st because the draft is in Buffalo and I'd like to see us use the pick.

I am with you on both accounts.  I will say the 1st we should keep because our pipeline could use it. Risto, Sam, Jack, and Zemgus are all former 1st round guys which is great but it means our system lacks a little high end talent in the minors. We could use someone in the wings if and when we make a cup run.

Johansen is the type of player I would be willing to give up a lot for. Highly talented, good size, plays a position of great need. Young, can grow with the core.

He checks all the boxes, but it's probably unlikely we'd be able to get him, unfortunately.

Isn't he a first line center? Aren't we set there?

He is often listed as a center, but he's playing right wing, I believe.

He's listed as a RW on my fantasy hockey team, at least. 

Edit - I could be wrong. Can't see him listed as a RW anywhere. Maybe it's just Yahoo!

If he's not a guy who is playing/can play right wing, my interest in him drops significantly the the point I may not even want to entertain the idea of pursuing him.

Edited by Thorny

Isn't he a first line center? Aren't we set there?

That's like being in bed with Blake Lively and then turning away Scarlett Johansson when she walks into the room because "sorry, I've already got one." :P

They'd obviously want Eichel first which is an obvious no. I'm not willing to do a deal involving Risto either (he's basically untouchable for me). Girgensons, Ennis, Pysyk and a first? I don't know if that's the right mix. I won't say it's not "enough" because it's a lot, but it might not be the right mix of pieces they're looking for.

(Reinhart would likely replace Girgensons in this deal. I would easily do two of Girgensons, Ennis and Reinhart plus a prospect and pick)

Edited by Hoss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.