Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

That's like being in bed with Blake Lively and then turning away Scarlett Johansson when she walks into the room because "sorry, I've already got one." :P

They'd obviously want Eichel first which is an obvious no. I'm not willing to do a deal involving Risto either (he's basically untouchable for me). Girgensons, Ennis, Pysyk and a first? I don't know if that's the right mix. I won't say it's not "enough" because it's a lot, but it might not be the right mix of pieces they're looking for.

(Reinhart would likely replace Girgensons in this deal. I would easily do two of Girgensons, Ennis and Reinhart plus a prospect and pick)

I agree with the premise, but but the bolded is way too much to pay for Johansen. Reinhart AND Girgensons AND a prospect AND a pick is a fortune to pay for one guy, as good as Johansen is. WAY more than we gave up for O'Reilly, and the situations of O'Reilly and Johansen may even be comparable.

Reinhart is a guy who produced better than Johansen in junior, was a more highly touted player, is younger, and is coming along very nicely now. Could end up the better all around player. So you are gonna give him, and then on top of that, Girgensons and a pick and a prospect? Way too much, man!

I agree with the premise, but but the bolded is way too much to pay for Johansen. Reinhart AND Girgensons AND a prospect AND a pick is a fortune to pay for one guy, as good as Johansen is. WAY more than we gave up for O'Reilly, and the situations of O'Reilly and Johansen may even be comparable.

Reinhart is a guy who produced better than Johansen in junior, was a more highly touted player, is younger, and is coming along very nicely now. Could end up the better all around player. So you are gonna give him, and then on top of that, Girgensons and a pick and a prospect? Way too much, man!

You're probably right. I just REALLY like Johansen. He's better than O'Reilly, without a doubt in my mind. O'Reilly fetched Grigorenko, Zadorov, Compher and a 2nd. Graduate that 2nd to a 1st, Zadorov to Girgensons and Grigorenko/Compher to Ennis.

You're probably right. I just REALLY like Johansen. He's better than O'Reilly, without a doubt in my mind. O'Reilly fetched Grigorenko, Zadorov, Compher and a 2nd. Graduate that 2nd to a 1st, Zadorov to Girgensons and Grigorenko/Compher to Ennis.

It's a little more stomachable when you take Reinhart out, and this new proposal is probably something like what it would take to get the deal done. I think Zadorov to Girgensons is a fairly large graduation, as in Grigorgenko to Ennis. I also don't know that Johansen is a better all around, all situations player than O'Reilly.With what we have in Eichel, given a choice between O'Reilly and Johansen, I may take O'Reilly.

BUT - I would do a Girgensons, Ennis, and a 1st deal for Johansen. Why? Johansen is a really good player. And why, when I said the Girgs/Ennis/1st package is a lot more than the one we gave for O'Reilly, and I said I'd prefer O'Reilly? - That O'Reilly trade was a frickin' steal, and that is becoming more apparent by the day.

Frankly, I don't think we paid fair value for O'Reilly, so paying more than that for Johansen would be realistic.

Having said that, I'd be far more likely to make the deal if Johansen can play RW.

Edited by Thorny

I have no desire to get into this convo but wanted to point out switching Zadorov for Zemgus is a huge flip not because of any talent thing but because of the position. Sometimes teams want a defender so in this case you might not be able to simply take out Zadorov if the team (Columbus I am assuming) values having the defender as part of the deal.

Just wanted to note that. Have fun you crazy kids.

Nashville and its many D Men would make a great trade partners with CBJ

I think we should trade for one of Nashville's defenders.  Ennis and a 2nd round pick could get us a fairly decent one.

I have no desire to get into this convo but wanted to point out switching Zadorov for Zemgus is a huge flip not because of any talent thing but because of the position. Sometimes teams want a defender so in this case you might not be able to simply take out Zadorov if the team (Columbus I am assuming) values having the defender as part of the deal.

Just wanted to note that. Have fun you crazy kids.

I think we should trade for one of Nashville's defenders.  Ennis and a 2nd round pick could get us a fairly decent one.

First off, I love your avatar.  Secondly, I can totally get behind both talks here.  Even if we trickle down to the Ellis' and Ekholm's of the group they're so quality.  Obviously you want to stay in the Josi and Jones area.  However, most of them are signed on manageable contracts, so unlikely.  I like Dougherty too in their store cupboard.  Getting Johansen would be a boon for any franchise, but he's going to cost the farm.  We've done that twice and the store cupboards aren't "as" full.  I'd rather focus on getting a mid tier forward or a LHD who can be matched with Ristolainen for several years to come.  

First off, I love your avatar. Secondly, I can totally get behind both talks here. Even if we trickle down to the Ellis' and Ekholm's of the group they're so quality. Obviously you want to stay in the Josi and Jones area. However, most of them are signed on manageable contracts, so unlikely. I like Dougherty too in their store cupboard. Getting Johansen would be a boon for any franchise, but he's going to cost the farm. We've done that twice and the store cupboards aren't "as" full. I'd rather focus on getting a mid tier forward or a LHD who can be matched with Ristolainen for several years to come.

So we can only look at D who's last names start with E or J. Got it. Haven't heard from her in quite a while but it's nice to see Shannon back in the news. 90120 was a long time ago. ;)

So we can only look at D who's last names start with E or J. Got it. Haven't heard from her in quite a while but it's nice to see Shannon back in the news. 90120 was a long time ago. ;)

I wonder if she'll be in Mall Rats 2, which is shooting a mall near MattPieTown. If they put up a fake "Casual Male" store front, I'm so getting a picture.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/crosby-dubinsky-maple-leafs-oilers-jets-byfuglien-hamonic/

30 Thoughts.

Says Winnipeg tried dealing Byfuglien for Hamonic but it didn't work. They don't want to deal Myers or Trouba in that deal.

Says the Blues, Oilers and Isles may have had three-way talks but it didn't get far.

Indicates the Blue Jackets are definitely testing Johansen's value.

Sees Buffalo as a contender in a Tinordi trade from Montreal.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/crosby-dubinsky-maple-leafs-oilers-jets-byfuglien-hamonic/

30 Thoughts.

Says Winnipeg tried dealing Byfuglien for Hamonic but it didn't work. They don't want to deal Myers or Trouba in that deal.

Says the Blues, Oilers and Isles may have had three-way talks but it didn't get far.

Indicates the Blue Jackets are definitely testing Johansen's value.

Sees Buffalo as a contender in a Tinordi trade from Montreal.

Can't believe the Jets are going to fall for the lure of Tyler Myers

I've been saying it for a year, the Oilers need to make a trade. the Blues and Stars would make sense to me

I still want to hear the argument for Johansen 

Tinordi would be nice. 23 year old, 6'6'' 230 lbs, loves to hit. Apparently he has major concussion issues, suffered from one major concussion that some think will/has ruined him

http://thehockeywriters.com/is-jarred-tinordi-worth-a-second-round-pick/

Well that's kinda intriguing.  Where does he project?  2nd pairing?

Maybe in the long run. Right now you're looking at a 7th defender, maybe on the bottom pairing.

Craig Custance and another writer asked who would say no to the following two deals:

Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen

Seth Jones for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Are we gauging the worth of Johansen over RNH, or the needs of their teams? Personally for the Sabres I take Jones out of that group, and Johansen over RNH, though that's juts the initial reaction 

Are we gauging the worth of Johansen over RNH, or the needs of their teams? Personally for the Sabres I take Jones out of that group, and Johansen over RNH, though that's juts the initial reaction

It's who says no between Nashville and Columbus & Nashville and Edmonton. Two separate deals. I take Johansen over Jones and Jones over RNH, but it's close between Jones and Johansen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.