Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Realistically, what would it take to get OEL? 

I'll keep Ennis and Pysyk over Fowler.

Probably Risto, Ennis and a pick? Maybe more?

That's a reasonable guess. IF they'd take Risto, Ennis, & a pick for him; get it done today. :)

Risto looks like he'll be very good. OEL is truly elite.

I'd imagine for them to realistically trade him we'd need to give up Jack.

I definitely disagree. I think OEL is an elite defender who would have at least one Norris on a better team, but he's not worth the second best prospect in the game (who has already shown he can play and is one of the top prospects of the last decade).

Reinhart could enter the convo, but I think Risto would absolutely have to be the centerpiece as Arizona already has a ton of young forwards. Then Reinhart, Ennis and picks are the other options.

I definitely disagree. I think OEL is an elite defender who would have at least one Norris on a better team, but he's not worth the second best prospect in the game (who has already shown he can play and is one of the top prospects of the last decade).

Reinhart could enter the convo, but I think Risto would absolutely have to be the centerpiece as Arizona already has a ton of young forwards. Then Reinhart, Ennis and picks are the other options.

I dont think so, If you trade Risto to get OEL there is no point in making this deal.

Coyotes were already rumoured to be interested in Reinhart before the draft, they need a 1C wich they don't have in their system.

Reinhart and one of McCabe or Pysyk should get it done, maybe add a 2nd rounder.

Doubt murray will make a trade before the deadline though, and after that we can still go after Yandle :p

There's no point in trading OEL to get Risto. They are both young top pair defensemen. It's like trading a ham sandwich for a ham sub.

I agree value-wise that he's not worth Eichel at all. I just don't think they trade him for anything less, and yotes fans on hf have expressed similar feelings. Edited by Randall Flagg

There's no point in trading OEL to get Risto. They are both young top pair defensemen. It's like trading a ham sandwich for a ham sub.

It'd be like trading a ham sandwich for a ham sub with a side of potato chips and a coupon. Risto would fill their OEL hole and has a ton of potential then they'd target two or three other needs with the other pieces.

Could center it on Reinhart and use Pysyk/McCabe along with other pieces for quantity.

It'd be like trading a ham sandwich for a ham sub with a side of potato chips and a coupon. Risto would fill their OEL hole and has a ton of potential then they'd target two or three other needs with the other pieces.

Could center it on Reinhart and use Pysyk/McCabe along with other pieces for quantity.

Seems to me you want the coyotes to win the stanley cup :p

OEL isn't that much better than Risto

And remind me why would Sabres make this trade???

I wrote a longer response but had to delete it. I think this conversation is way off the rails in terms of value of players.  Jack Eichel certainly isn't available for trade and the alternative discussion is just terrible.  You are depleting all of your depth for 1 player.  I would rather see what Rasmus brings to the table considering how great he has been in the last 30 games or so.

Trading Sam Reinhart now before he improves his value is like having a royal flush and folding because you already made some money.

And remind me why would Sabres make this trade???

We're not advocating anything. The original question was, "What is OEL's worth?" This is what we think it is

Exactly. Any chance we can substitute Reinhart for a 1st + Ennis?

Trading Sam Reinhart now before he improves his value is like having a royal flush and folding because you already made some money.

I see Samson as part of the future core. Eichel will bring the fire, Samson will be the confident, calming influence. Kind of bad cop/good cop. And thus far it seems like Reinhart has somde of the best chemistry with Eichel.

OEL is worth Rasmus, Ennis, 2nd rounder Or Bogosian, Ennis, 1st rounder.  OEL is signed for years and there is no need to trade him. If I were Phoenix, I would keep him.

I see Samson as part of the future core. Eichel will bring the fire, Samson will be the confident, calming influence. Kind of bad cop/good cop. And thus far it seems like Reinhart has somde of the best chemistry with Eichel.

That's because Reinhart is one of the select players able to process the game at or above Eichel's skill level. 

We're not advocating anything. The original question was, "What is OEL's worth?" This is what we think it is

Exactly. Any chance we can substitute Reinhart for a 1st + Ennis?

Ah, not sure Sabres feel that way, but could see Yotes having these demands.

Also, I don't see GMTM doing much just yet. He's all about building a team. But the team really hasn't gelled yet, so he doesn't really know what pieces he needs, and more importantly, what pieces he wants to move. Get the D pairs settled and let the lines get worked out, then see what the extra pieces are, and move them for the holes you have. I think GMTM is going to let DD implement his system and then they will evaluate what changes need to be made.  I'd hate to move an asset that could be part of the future to fill a hole that wasn't really there.

Also, I don't see GMTM doing much just yet. He's all about building a team. But the team really hasn't gelled yet, so he doesn't really know what pieces he needs, and more importantly, what pieces he wants to move. Get the D pairs settled and let the lines get worked out, then see what the extra pieces are, and move them for the holes you have. I think GMTM is going to let DD implement his system and then they will evaluate what changes need to be made.  I'd hate to move an asset that could be part of the future to fill a hole that wasn't really there.

l

This is where I am. Until we see what we have, I am not really interested in any trade that does not involve puck-moving LD 25 or younger. We have done a major reset. Let's see where things settle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.