Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

The key is how old he was on June 30 prior to the extension taking effect. Assuming he was only 34 on that date. In which case the Wings are good.

So my original interpretation of the rule was correct. My interpretation, and the apparent common interpretation considering Detroit is trying to trade the contract, is that the contract can be traded. I think the "regardless of whether or where he is playing" part just means that the NHL team that owns his rights pays the contract regardless.

So my original interpretation of the rule was correct. My interpretation, and the apparent common interpretation considering Detroit is trying to trade the contract, is that the contract can be traded. I think the "regardless of whether or where he is playing" part just means that the NHL team that owns his rights pays the contract regardless.

Perhaps. We'll know by October who is right.

Trouba is being targeted by the Avs for Barrie per Friedman

Trouba was terrible this year, would be such an Avs thing to do.

Ok, maybe not terrible, but definitely sub-par. Especially watching in person. He's trended down since his rookie year.

I would trade them #38 and Bogosian for #4.  I am not trading a top 4 vet defender and the 8th overall pick to move up 4 spots.

That makes a lot of sense, it's just whether Chiarelli believes he's what they need to fix their defensive woes.  Getting #4, and having #8, would allow us to take Tkachuk and whatever D falls.  I would love that situation.  

And just like that, years of painstaking, steady progress is wiped away.

sigh. Yes I am giving you a sigh.  Why?

Well I said what I would trade to move up 4 spots in this draft. It isn't a top 4 defender and the #8 pick. That's just such an overpayment in my mind. Do I think Edmonton would trade #4 for what I proposed, nope but that doesn't really matter.  Trading 1 of the 2 top 4 guys you have on a team for a draft pick is stupid. Gorges isn't getting younger, Jake McCabe is a question mark, Pysyk disappointed me, Nelson is almost a complete unknown. That's pretty much it. You have Ristolainen and Bogosian as actual legit top 4 defenders. Sorry I am not joining the Bogo Bunker Brigade.  To me Zach Bogosian is worth more than getting a potential defender who in 2-4 years could be as good as him. Could they be better? Yes they could but this isn't like we are drafting Aaron Ekblad at #4. We are drafting 1 of a host of guys who aren't sure fire top 2 defenders. There is risk there. So again sigh. 

sigh. Yes I am giving you a sigh.  Why?

Well I said what I would trade to move up 4 spots in this draft. It isn't a top 4 defender and the #8 pick. That's just such an overpayment in my mind. Do I think Edmonton would trade #4 for what I proposed, nope but that doesn't really matter.  Trading 1 of the 2 top 4 guys you have on a team for a draft pick is stupid. Gorges isn't getting younger, Jake McCabe is a question mark, Pysyk disappointed me, Nelson is almost a complete unknown. That's pretty much it. You have Ristolainen and Bogosian as actual legit top 4 defenders. Sorry I am not joining the Bogo Bunker Brigade.  To me Zach Bogosian is worth more than getting a potential defender who in 2-4 years could be as good as him. Could they be better? Yes they could but this isn't like we are drafting Aaron Ekblad at #4. We are drafting 1 of a host of guys who aren't sure fire top 2 defenders. There is risk there. So again sigh. 

Well, I interpreted your post as you proposing it as a realistic trade possibility.  Since you didn't mean it that way (although you might've said something like "I wouldn't give Edmonton any more than XYZ for #4, and I wouldn't expect them to agree"), then I withdraw my gibe.

Well, I interpreted your post as you proposing it as a realistic trade possibility.  Since you didn't mean it that way (although you might've said something like "I wouldn't give Edmonton any more than XYZ for #4, and I wouldn't expect them to agree"), then I withdraw my gibe.

I wouldn't give anymore then x,y,z for #4 and I wouldn't expect Edmonton to agree with me.  :P

This morning on WGR, Matthew Coller said he has heard Edmonton is interested in Bogosian (hour 1 ~22 minutes in). Fire up the trade machine boys n girls!

Bogo and 8 get us 4?

Then my worry is GMTM is trading up for Chychrun and not Tkachuk.

This morning on WGR, Matthew Coller said he has heard Edmonton is interested in Bogosian (hour 1 ~22 minutes in). Fire up the trade machine boys n girls!

He's heard it from posters on the Internet.

As much as I love me some Tkachuk, Bogo and 8 for 4 makes me want to spew.

I know it's been said there is little difference between 4-12 in many scouts minds.  I also know and agree with TBG that the beauty of Eichel is he makes who he is playing with better and we don't have to search for his ideal winger.

Saying that, I'm excited by the smoke out there we are looking to trade up to 4.  Tkchuk is the perfect fit to play with Reinhart and Eichel.  Kid is a beast along the boards and behind the net.  Plus he can put the puck in the net.  Reinhart Eichel Tkchuk for the next decade is like a wet dream......

If we trade on of our RHD to Edmonton we should also get them to throw in one of their LHD players or prospects. From my understanding they have more LHD than we have RHD so it shouldn't be hard to get one of them if we put up Bogosian or Pysyk.

Edited by Drunkard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.