Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Update from Vesey himself

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2016/05/harvard_s_jimmy_vesey_says_bruins_will_be_on_his_list

Looking for good coach and prospect pool...check

Interested in playing for hometown team...crap

Young team, with ample upside for him to grow with.  He easily could come here and only be a short plane trip home.  

A desire to play with Jack is our only hope. Plus the fact the Bruins future is not too bright.

That said he is staying home...######

I think you underestimate greatly the Bruins future. They are highly ranked here.  http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/

The Bruins are the clear favorites to sign Vesey. Eichel probably would have signed for them if he had a choice.

Young team, with ample upside for him to grow with.  He easily could come here and only be a short plane trip home.  

Sometimes maybe even as low as $59 on jetBlue. Direct! Someone tell him!!

I think you underestimate greatly the Bruins future. They are highly ranked here.  http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/

The Bruins are the clear favorites to sign Vesey. Eichel probably would have signed for them if he had a choice.

Not really. Look at the rest of the division and the list. Both Buffalo and Toronto are ranked ahead of Boston and based on prospects alone, I feel Toronto has moved in front of Buffalo with the addition of Matthews.

Krejci is a good first line center, but how long before Barkov, Eichel and Matthews over take him as the best centers in the Atlantic Division?

Tampa and Florida are the best in the division and Buffalo and Toronto are one to two seasons away from joining them. 

They maybe competitive, but there is too much talent in front of them to be legitimate contenders in the division. 

Not really. Look at the rest of the division and the list. Both Buffalo and Toronto are ranked ahead of Boston and based on prospects alone, I feel Toronto has moved in front of Buffalo with the addition of Matthews.

Krejci is a good first line center, but how long before Barkov, Eichel and Matthews over take him as the best centers in the Atlantic Division?

Tampa and Florida are the best in the division and Buffalo and Toronto are one to two seasons away from joining them. 

They maybe competitive, but there is too much talent in front of them to be legitimate contenders in the division. 

The Bruins are 5 on that list.  The city has won and/or cheated its way to championships in every major NA sport in the last decade.  He's from there.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but that's where he's going.

How does just the addition of Matthews put them past us? Especially when our *prospects are for the majority in the nhl and not listed any longer as prospects.

Eichel and Reinhart have played a full season in the NHL and are no longer considered prospects.

Nylander, Marner and Matthews still are prospects, therefore based on prospect pools Toronto is ahead. 

The Bruins are 5 on that list.  The city has won and/or cheated its way to championships in every major NA sport in the last decade.  He's from there.

But, but they traded his idol to the Sharks!

He will be a Bruin on August 18th

Now if your GM Murray and both of the defenseman are off the board besides the Russian defenseman. Do you think Murray picks him as it doesn't seem like he is big on Russians. I'm hoping the Finnish d-man is there when we pick but I highly doubt it. Who do you guys think we grab or do you think Murray gets creative and moves up a few spots.

Now if your GM Murray and both of the defenseman are off the board besides the Russian defenseman. Do you think Murray picks him as it doesn't seem like he is big on Russians. I'm hoping the Finnish d-man is there when we pick but I highly doubt it. Who do you guys think we grab or do you think Murray gets creative and moves up a few spots.

I think Murray may end up trading the pick for a top pair D man. 

GO SABRES!!!

I think he makes a pick in the first round. How $hitty would they be to host the draft and you trade away the pick. Unless something just blows him away.

Something tells me Murray doesn't give a phuck about trading the pick, regardless where the draft is held. And rightfully so. 

GO SABRES!!!

You think the Finnish defenseman will be off the board before we pick? Plus do you think Edmonton moves that 4th pick for a proven d-man?

Juolevi?  Chy is better.  And I think Edmonton shits the bed and takes yet another forward if it keeps the pick.

I hope you're wrong.

I hope I'm right!  Kid is good.

Juolevi?  Chy is better.  And I think Edmonton shits the bed and takes yet another forward if it keeps the pick.

I hope I'm right!  Kid is good.

I like the other Dmen more, but mostly I hope you're wrong about trading up. I think that would be...I'll be nice and say an inefficient use of assets.

The Bruins are 5 on that list. The city has won and/or cheated its way to championships in every major NA sport in the last decade. He's from there.

Didnt even include an alert like I did, re: Caggiula. Though I suppose the bolted functions in much the same way.

I agree though. And on Chychrun. Though it's tough to get a real handle on how to rank the 3 D.

Unfortunately I think both Chychrun and Juolevi are off the board when we pick. And unfortunately as well, not sure I see Murray taking Sergachev.

Edited by Thorny

Didnt even include an alert like I did, re: Caggiula. Though I suppose the bolted functions in much the same way.

I agree though. And on Chychrun. Though it's tough to get a real handle on how to rank the 3 D.

Unfortunately I think both Chychrun and Juolevi are off the board when we pick. And unfortunately as well, not sure I see Murray taking Sergachev.

This is what I think. If Nylander is sitting there I don't even know if Murray takes him. Edited by SabresBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.