Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Unrelated but on Hockey Hotline on Monday's edition: Bored at work. Andrew Peters brings up trading for Nash again, am I the only one that thinks this is a terrible idea. Nash is a sunken ship and his contract is supremely weighted. Even if for two seasons. I don't want $12.8M between he and Moulson. Nash is a fine player, but I just don't see him rebounding to the 42 goal plateau gain. Craig Rivet, must be thinking about the 27 year old Rick Nash. I wouldn't give up a strong asset for him. Rolls eyes.

My problem with Nash is the contract. I like the concept of a veteran winger who can score for a few years, but his deal really makes fixing the defense difficult.

Like everything else, it's about the price isn't it?

Nash is a declining asset with a poor-value cap hit.

He's the kind of guy you might add if you are ready to make a run, but we're not.

I don't trade assets for pieces that aren't long-term.

Now if we can somehow get him in a deal where they take Moulson, different story.

Like everything else, it's about the price isn't it?

Nash is a declining asset with a poor-value cap hit.

He's the kind of guy you might add if you are ready to make a run, but we're not.

I don't trade assets for pieces that aren't long-term.

Now if we can somehow get him in a deal where they take Moulson, different story.

Wouldn't be so quick Moulson for another albatros.    The moulson buyout is very capfriendly after next season.

Caggs to edm is no big loss. He's a decent prospect but not a great one. Vesey is the one I really want to be the third part of the eichel line, and I think we have a good chance. If we can't get stamkos, I really hope he stays in TB. I Think our odds aren't great, maybe 30% for Vesey, 20% for Stamkos but either one would be great. Don't think we'll get both, cuz if we signed Stamkos, I think Vesey would see a better opportunity to make the NHL elsewhere

Edited by ct fab

Chiarelli: "I've had four or five teams call me already" about the No. 4 overall pick. #Oilers

He should trade it for Landeskog and their 2nd rounder. Sakic is a bad enough GM to do that. Then he should trade Eberle and something to get back into the first round. Maybe trade with a team like Minnesota that is looking to shake things up a bit. 

Chiarelli: "I've had four or five teams call me already" about the No. 4 overall pick. #Oilers

What would that take? Probably flop 2016 first plus a 2017 first to move up for the Sabres? I don't know if there's anyone I want that bad after the top three. Guaranteeing their top D-man might be worth it I guess. Reconsidered, not worth it. Would all of our threes work? (I know it would not)

Edited by sabills

Looks like Hamonic will be headed to Edmonton

Hamonic will only be dealt for key forward or potentially top pair dman. He/contract has high value. Not dumped for picks/prospects #isles

He wants to go to Winnepeg to be close to family. Edmonton is closer than NY but I would be surprised to see him go there. Jets wanted him before, it'll be interesting if they can offer up what the Islanders will want in return.

He wants to go to Winnepeg to be close to family. Edmonton is closer than NY but I would be surprised to see him go there. Jets wanted him before, it'll be interesting if they can offer up what the Islanders will want in return.

Ah my mistake. I thought it was Edmonton he wanted to go to. Well, with Laine coming to Winnipeg, I'm sure they can offer some forward up for Hamonic

Update from Vesey himself

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2016/05/harvard_s_jimmy_vesey_says_bruins_will_be_on_his_list

Looking for good coach and prospect pool...check

Interested in playing for hometown team...crap

"Growing up I was a huge Bruins fan. I wore #19 the past 5 years because of Joe Thornton"

Well, we're screwed

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.