Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Trade proposal on GR this AM. 

Shatternkirk (dependent on him signing a contract extension) for Pysyk and Girgensons. 

Thoughts?

Love the player.  However, two things concern me a bit.  First he is a righty and if he shot left I would be more anxious to pull the trigger.  Second it looks like he only has one year remaining on his deal.  If the trade is similar to ROR and an extension could be signed immediately then yes I would really consider this deal.

Love the player.  However, two things concern me a bit.  First he is a righty and if he shot left I would be more anxious to pull the trigger.  Second it looks like he only has one year remaining on his deal.  If the trade is similar to ROR and an extension could be signed immediately then yes I would really consider this deal.

Solution: trade Bogosian :D :D :D

Probably need a pick to sweeten the pot, not sure a 3rd would do but who knows. 

Definitely going to need to sweeten that pot. They are under a cap crunch, and do have Parayko who they're very high on to replace Shattenkirk, so he is definitely available

Plus he would be the PP QB they have been searching for. 

He is a BU Alum, only if the Sabres had another to play with him. 

Is he cheaper, or more easy to get, than Goligoski though?

post-4071-0-88732300-1462288055_thumb.png

Edited by WildCard

Drool, love his game.  I would say they are more likely to let Backes walk and trade Shattenkirk before letting Schwartz go in a trade. 

If they win the cup do you think they let Backes walk?

Definitely going to need to sweeten that pot. They are under a cap crunch, and do have Parayko who they're very high on to replace Shattenkirk, so he is definitely available

Is he cheaper, or more easy to get, than Goligoski though?

Goligoski is an UFA, so he would be free. One of the differences is age however. Shattenkirk is 27, where Goligoski is 30, but he is a lefty something the Sabres are severely lacking.

The question is does Dallas let him get to free agency? They are 17 million under the cap with only four NHL D signed for next season

Here Goligoski compared to Yandle

.post-3436-0-27007700-1462297253_thumb.png

Here is Goligoski compared to Shattenkirk

post-3436-0-81474700-1462297426_thumb.png

Nice charts Brawndo, thanks for those.

Yeah I meant Goligoski price wise compared to Shattenkirk, should have clarified. After watching him in the postseason, he's my dream defender this offseason. Though a younger Shattenkirk, who seems a little more defensively minded while having the offensive tough, would also be very nice

I went to the trade speculation board on hf and made a thread asking what Blues fans thought was fair for Shattenkirk. One proposed Reinhart for Shattenkirk+ a little, one asked for 8th overall by itself, others wanted 8+ other things. Seems like they want 8 and/or next year's first to be the base of a package, and don't seem interested at all in any roster players that we'd be looking to include.

I went to the trade speculation board on hf and made a thread asking what Blues fans thought was fair for Shattenkirk. One proposed Reinhart for Shattenkirk+ a little, one asked for 8th overall by itself, others wanted 8+ other things. Seems like they want 8 and/or next year's first to be the base of a package, and don't seem interested at all in any roster players that we'd be looking to include.

I think Girgensons would be a great fit on their roster.  Girgensons + 8.  is that fair?

That's when you know you have a deal. 

I know.

I think they might do that. I think I might do that.

If he was a Lefty I probably would but I donno......

Great Dman.  I guess at 27 we should still expect 6 more good and productive years.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.