Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

This will play out before the offseason I think. One of them is an add on in a deal somewhere. The add in on a Fowler deal lets say. I'm hoping Gus really starts to get it and improves. I like both guys but just see one of them moving on. Today I would say without a doubt it would be Gus. Come trade deadline that may not be the case though.

It would take a major turn around for Zemgus to overtake Larsson. Larsson always is moving his feet, plays solidly in all 3 zones, and has some offense to his game. Zemgus occasionally moves his feet, occasionally is physical, and hasn't shown any offense to his game in over a year. A long way to go for Zemgus, I hope he puts it all together but I have my doubts. 

It would take a major turn around for Zemgus to overtake Larsson. Larsson always is moving his feet, plays solidly in all 3 zones, and has some offense to his game. Zemgus occasionally moves his feet, occasionally is physical, and hasn't shown any offense to his game in over a year. A long way to go for Zemgus, I hope he puts it all together but I have my doubts. 

If Gus doesn't make it do you blame Darcy or Dan? If goes somewhere else and does well the answer will be obvious.

You could certainly himself too.

I love Larsson and he is a far more effective player at the moment than Gus, but he needs to produce 30-35 points a season consistently and be a better PKer to be the player most of us picture him to be and earn any kind of big contract.

I think he's over his dreams of being a second line centre. Seems focused on be all that he can be in his role.

Edited by dudacek

Darcy and GMTM

Neither has put Zemgus in a position to develop. 

What do you suggest GMTM do to help him? send him down?

I love Larsson and he is a far more effective player at the moment than Gus, but he needs to produce 30-35 points a season consistently and be a better PKer to be the player most of us picture him to be and earn any kind of big contract.

I think he's over his dreams of being a second line centre. Seems focused on be all that he can be in his role.

If he doesn't fancy himself as a second line center and is focused on being all that he can be, I go back to what I see as a problem with him. Consistency. To date he does not have it and never has. Why is that if he truly accepts his role?

I think Zemgus struggles in the strict scheme that Bylsma runs vs. the more open, or lack of, scheme that Nolan used.  Zemgus maybe likes to run around some and he can't do that in Bylsma game and seems lost.  I think Ennis is the same way.  Could Zemgus replace Gionta on the wing with Larsson and Foligno?

While I can agree with both of you I will offer up these two facts, Larry is still way to inconsistent and if he's looking for a lot of $ GMTM may say good luck. Furthermore if Larry sees himself as a 2nd line C still or again he's gone of his own choosing if some team offers him that role and nobody should feel bad about that. Mean while Gus played on the cheap this year to prove himself. Bad gamble so far but he is bringing it more the last few games and may be about to fill the role.

fair enough, but I still want a 3C that can win important face offs, gus will never be that guy.

I think Zemgus struggles in the strict scheme that Bylsma runs vs. the more open, or lack of, scheme that Nolan used.  Zemgus maybe likes to run around some and he can't do that in Bylsma game and seems lost.  I think Ennis is the same way.  Could Zemgus replace Gionta on the wing with Larsson and Foligno?

Hmm that's an interesting thought and I think makes a sweet line. Will any of them be here though?

fair enough, but I still want a 3C that can win important face offs, gus will never be that guy.

There's merit in this comment.

Larsson will only be more important than Reinhart if Reinhart falls drastically short of his potential.

I concur longterm but right now Larry is more indespensible than Sam. I love Reinhart but he seems a bit lost right now. I fully expect him to be super important down the road, if he isnt moved for another piece in the interim.

I concur longterm but right now Larry is more indespensible than Sam. I love Reinhart but he seems a bit lost right now. I fully expect him to be super important down the road, if he isnt moved for another piece in the interim.

Oh in that case I agree completely. Our lineup would suffer more right now if we were to remove Larsson from it. Probably not even close at this point.

Amazing how Reinhart went from near untouchable to, hey let's move him to improve the team.

Now while girgs and Kane aren't exacty high value.... Samson on the trading block could certainly bring back some legit talent. Is it worth it to go after D with him, or would it be swapping out forwards? I don't think he gets moved at all, but he's been pretty non existent

Amazing how Reinhart went from near untouchable to, hey let's move him to improve the team.

Now while girgs and Kane aren't exacty high value.... Samson on the trading block could certainly bring back some legit talent. Is it worth it to go after D with him, or would it be swapping out forwards? I don't think he gets moved at all, but he's been pretty non existent

It's way too early to consider moving Reinhart unless the return causes you to say Holy . He looked great last year and is going through a sophomore slump this season, I would give him some more time to figure things out

It's way too early to consider moving Reinhart unless the return causes you to say Holy ######. He looked great last year and is going through a sophomore slump this season, I would give him some more time to figure things out

Agreed. Heard the NHL network guys talking about how Ekblad has regressed this year so far. We must exercise patience.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.