Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

http://public.tableau.com/shared/87PWR6B8R?:display_count=yes&:showVizHome=no

Umm, True you might want to look at this, or maybe you don't

Eh, some stats supporting what I already believe is not going to make me sad :)

Those little summary windows of #fancystatus are where I have to get off the bus, or train, or whatever. I literally have no idea what I am looking at. I need a tour guide.

McKenzie: “There’s no question in my mind, I think Tyson Barrie is going to be traded." #Avs #Oilers

I would say Edmonton, but they have nothing Colorado wants. I honestly think we may be getting Barrie

“The situation in Anaheim is unique too. You’ve got Hampus Lindholm and you’ve got Sami Vatanen. They’re both really good young restricted free agents. That’s a financial situation as well, driving that one. It may be that Bob Murray and the Anaheim Ducks simply can’t afford to have both of those guys on their team. Well then, you better move one.

“Now, that one might be a different circumstance coming back the other way. With Getzlaf and Kesler and what they’ve got there – I’m not saying they wouldn’t be interested in a center like Nugent-Hopkins or something like that, but again, the finances come back into play on a budget team that doesn’t want to go right to the cap.

“So there’s all sorts of moving parts and you always have to come back to how does the money add up because in many cases, whether it’s Tyson Barrie or whether it’s Sami Vatanen, money is part of what’s driving the fact that these guys are on the board at all.”

More McKenzie http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-finances-driving-ducks-situation-lindholm-vatanen/

Edited by WildCard

Well, according to Friedman they want a Dman. I know my rep for hating Bogosian may get this dismissed, but does he not check every single box for what a guy like Roy would look for in a defenseman? I bet that's who they'd want from us in a swap.

In spite of your dislike for Bogo name two better defenseman on our team? I think he is clearly last season at least our second best and competitive for our best overall last season.

Edited by Radar

In spite of your dislike for Bogo name two better defenseman on our team? I think he is clearly last season at least our second best and competitive for our best overall last season.

Talk about damning with faint praise. There's a reason I want 3 new defensemen in our top-4 for next season :)

To your second point, I don't think his level of play was anywhere near Risto's. We're talking a totally different galaxy.

McKenzie: “There’s no question in my mind, I think Tyson Barrie is going to be traded." #Avs #Oilers

I'm positively giddy. Even if we don't end up with him, the more defensemen there are on the trade market, the better it is for us.

Talk about damning with faint praise. There's a reason I want 3 new defensemen in our top-4 for next season :)

To your second point, I don't think his level of play was anywhere near Risto's. We're talking a totally different galaxy.

I'm positively giddy. Even if we don't end up with him, the more defensemen there are on the trade market, the better it is for us.

Sorry but I think that's a very small galaxy. While I agree Risto is young and very good I think you are under appreciative of Bogo. I would by no means trade Risto and have said for the right deal I would Bogo but last season he was much better than I think you're giving him credit for. JMO

Sorry but I think that's a very small galaxy. While I agree Risto is young and very good I think you are under appreciative of Bogo. I would by no means trade Risto and have said for the right deal I would Bogo but last season he was much better than I think you're giving him credit for. JMO

He gets beat to the outside by a D with speed.  He's a physical presence, but he doesn't stay on the ice/durability.  There are things to like, but at 5M +, if you can get someone to bite, you do it and run.  I would rather trade Bogosian than keep him long term.  

If we managed to add Hampus Lindholm and Tyson Barrie without giving up anyone from the new core... I think I would need to see a doctor or my gf.

#8, #69 plus pysyk for Lindholm (is that too little?) and Franson, Zemgus and #38 for Barrie (too little?)

If we managed to add Hampus Lindholm and Tyson Barrie without giving up anyone from the new core... I think I would need to see a doctor or my gf.

#8, #69 plus pysyk for Lindholm (is that too little?) and Franson, Zemgus and #38 for Barrie (too little?)

I think Lindholm would cost an arm and a leg.  I don't see him being moved out in Anaheim, whereas I could see Vatanen moving in the right circumstance.  Barrie miiiight go that light, but I think it's short a piece.  Franson, Zemgus, #38 and Bailey?  Maybe.  I just cannot see Roy/Sakic trading Barrie for a deal with Franson involved, maybe for Bogosian.  Maybe I'm wrong and they are that functionally stupid.  

I think Lindholm would cost an arm and a leg.  I don't see him being moved out in Anaheim, whereas I could see Vatanen moving in the right circumstance.  Barrie miiiight go that light, but I think it's short a piece.  Franson, Zemgus, #38 and Bailey?  Maybe.  I just cannot see Roy/Sakic trading Barrie for a deal with Franson involved, maybe for Bogosian.  Maybe I'm wrong and they are that functionally stupid.

They did trade us ROR for Grigorenko and Zadorov basically. 

They did trade us ROR for Grigorenko and Zadorov basically. 

I truly think the best part of that trade are still yet to play a significant game: Compher and Meloche.  However, yeah that's true. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

I truly think the best part of that trade are still yet to play a significant game: Compher and Meloche.  However, yeah that's true. 

I think you mean AJ Greer. That is who they drafted after trading our pick to San Jose. Or at least according to Wikipedia that is what happened. I think Compher still has a good shot of being a good player.

I think its Bogo and #8 for barrie. Maybe Bogo, Zemgus, #8 for Barrie & #10? Thats a pipe dream, but I'd love it.

He gets beat to the outside by a D with speed.  He's a physical presence, but he doesn't stay on the ice/durability.  There are things to like, but at 5M +, if you can get someone to bite, you do it and run.  I would rather trade Bogosian than keep him long term.

Disagree that Bogo gets beat much to the outside. Not saying it never happens, but he is a fine skater, who usually strings guys out.

All his issues are head related. His skill set is first pair.

Disagree that Bogo gets beat much to the outside. Not saying it never happens, but he is a fine skater, who usually strings guys out.

This.  But the head issues are concerning for a guy with his toolset.  You would think the lightbulb would have gone on long ago.

Bogo for Barrie I could tolerate, nothing more however

That deal does not happen straight up. Barrie is simply a better player.

Foligno + 2nd + Bogo

I don't think he gets beaten wide either. He's really not that slow. My issue with him is his transitional game. That and losing his man after a long shift. He's a solid 2nd pairing IMO Edited by WildCard

That deal does not happen straight up. Barrie is simply a better player.

Foligno + 2nd + Bogo

I don't think he gets beaten wide either. He's really not that slow. My issue with him is his transitional game. That and losing his man after a long shift. He's a solid 2nd pairing IMO

He is not that much better.  All the mental errors with less beef.  Foligno/Bogo is about all I would give up.  Otherwise I keep essentially an equivalent player.  

I'd guess Barrie, because he's better at hockey.

But not that much better.  That's my issue.  We want to proclaim anyone on any other team better than what we have.  As gmtm said all players have warts.  We will have to pay Barrie upwards of what we pay Bogo for a small incremental benefit.  I don't see the logic in this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.