Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Players shouldn't blindly follow their agents.

Maybe the agent got word from St Louis on their offer and this is posturing to get Tampa Bay to accept less than they are asking and get the deal done. Either way if he isn't careful he may be out of a career. Old school don't like that

Edited by Bills12Sabres11

Players shouldn't blindly follow their agents.

Maybe the agent got word from St Louis on their offer and this is posturing to get Tampa Bay to accept less than they are asking and get the deal done. Either way if he isn't careful he may be out of a career. Old school don't like that ######

I don't blame players for exercising what little leverage they have in getting out of a bad situation. I may not like it per se, but I get it. Frankly I think Tampa would have been smart to not play him in the first place while they work on a trade.

I think there are plenty of teams will to take a chance on him.    Anaheim would be a good fit, maybe a McGinn + Ennis deal for a guy like Theodore or Ritchie.   If ANA can fix their scoring woes, they're a Cup favorite so I expect they'll deal some future assets for immediate help.... that is, assuming they strike out on Drouin.

It's weird to me. RNH is still tradable because everyone knows he has a broken hand. Ennis is another UBI and that's all we know. I don't think he's as good a talent for someone to make a trade without more info.

I'm not saying I want him gone but I really want him on the ice and ultimately feel as a ticket holder I have a right to some info. DD is worse than Lindy ever was I think with the upper, lower, months, weeks, day to day crap.

Barrie turns the puck over too often in the worst possible situations.  Talented, yes but not a good fit imho

He's still young and learning how to play defense in this league.   His skillset as a defenseman is off the charts.    He'd be a huge upgrade moving forward.    I see him as a faster, quicker version of Dan Boyle.   

I don't blame players for exercising what little leverage they have in getting out of a bad situation. I may not like it per se, but I get it. Frankly I think Tampa would have been smart to not play him in the first place while they work on a trade.

I agree, the old school guys in NHL offices probably do not. Or maybe they do, what do I know

He's still young and learning how to play defense in this league.   His skillset as a defenseman is off the charts.    He'd be a huge upgrade moving forward.    I see him as a faster, quicker version of Dan Boyle.   

He's 24 turning 25 this summer with 229 games in the NHL. He either has a good idea how to play in the NHL or he doesn't, but Barrie is just about the player he will become. 

He's 24 turning 25 this summer with 229 games in the NHL. He either has a good idea how to play in the NHL or he doesn't, but Barrie is just about the player he will become. 

A 50-60 point defenseman with an awesome skillset? 

I remember one Brian Campbell being older than that before he really turned it on. Defensemen can take a while and Barrie is already awesome.

A 50-60 point defenseman with an awesome skillset? 

I remember one Brian Campbell being older than that before he really turned it on. Defensemen can take a while and Barrie is already awesome.

I'm not against Barrie, just wanted to note that he is basically the player he will be. In a different system with new coaches we could see some improvement but he's generally the player he is. Good offensive defender, not a shut down guy.  I wish he was a lefty in all honesty.

I disagree with you.  Drouin is going to be fine once he gets away from Coop the Poop.

NS knows.

You know it.  I watched him closely for 2+ years.  I had pretty much set myself at selecting him first overall in that 2013 draft.  With FUCALE!! at # ...

Completely agreed. Though hopefully Ullmark understands why we'd bring up Makarov instead and doesn't get upset with it

I can't wait for Drouin to just bomb :nana:

Drouin in the bomb,

I can count the number of Sabres NHL roster players on one hand, with a finger, maybe two to spare, that I would not send Stevie Y. for him.

Drouin in the bomb,

I can count the number of Sabres NHL roster players on one hand, with a finger, maybe two to spare, that I would not send Stevie Y. for him.

Really? Who wouldn't you send for Drouin?

Unrealted, but Price could be out until after the deadline, according to the Hab's GM, Bergevin

“His position is very demanding for his injury, so he has gone slower,” Bergevin said. “There hasn’t been any setbacks. I don’t have exactly a date, but I don’t think it’ll be before another three weeks. Maybe even a month. We don’t have a timeframe.”

http://thehockeywriters.com/carey-price-could-may-another-month/

So, are the Habs sellers?

Edited by WildCard

Here's hoping Johnson has played his way into a 2nd round pick.  That would be very good value for a pending free agent.  Schaller continues to impress me to the point where he could ultimately be Legwand's replacement if someone is looking for a bottom six forward. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.