I miss Milt Ellis

Eleven

I'm just so tired of arena announcers screaming goal calls.  (I'm coming from Anaheim's third, but this has been building within.)  There was something to Milt.  He was understated.

Buffalo goal, scored by number 7, Richard Martin.  Assists number 11, Gilbert Perreault and number 14, Rene Robert.  Martin, from Perreault and Robert.  Time of the goal, 16:57.

It was simple, it was understated, and it was understood.

(And Dr. Smith, please call your answering service.)

I'm just so tired of arena announcers screaming goal calls.  (I'm coming from Anaheim's third, but this has been building within.)  There was something to Milt.  He was understated.

Buffalo goal, scored by number 7, Richard Martin.  Assists number 11, Gilbert Perreault and number 14, Rene Robert.  Martin, from Perreault and Robert.  Time of the goal, 16:57.

Assists or assisted by?

One of my favorite Milt memories - some sort of promotion gave each fan a large, sturdy piece of paper. The game starts to go south and a few paper airplanes, made from the paper, start to trickle out of the Oranges. Milt comes on the PA and says, "Please do not throw paper airplanes." This seemed to incite more airplane throwing as another dozen or two drift down to the ice. Bad promo.

I thought this said Matt Ellis at first....

Now it makes sense

Me too and I wanted to punch Eleven in the face. I never want to see good guy Matty Ellis in a Sabres uni again! This crap is over. Time to start putting some talent out there. Wait, this isn't the time or place.

Carry on.

I know you're talking about arena announcers, but if you really want to make your ears bleed, you should listen to a Tampa Bay radio call.

I know you're talking about arena announcers, but if you really want to make your ears bleed, you should listen to a Tampa Bay radio call.

Come on, you old grump. Druncle Phil is pretty funny. He steps all over the play by play guy. The other night he shouted, "Stralman! No! What's wrong with that guy!?" You're probably referring to the screamer, Dave Mishkin. Until the Bolts score, he sounds pretty typical. A pretty deep voice. Solid play by play skills. When they score, though, look out... he's being tasered.

Milt Ellis Jukebox

http://www.staffannouncer.com/miltellis.htm

Come on, you old grump. Druncle Phil is pretty funny. He steps all over the play by play guy. The other night he shouted, "Stralman! No! What's wrong with that guy!?" You're probably referring to the screamer, Dave Mishkin. Until the Bolts score, he sounds pretty typical. A pretty deep voice. Solid play by play skills. When they score, though, look out... he's being tasered.

Milt Ellis Jukebox

http://www.staffannouncer.com/miltellis.htm

The main problem is that I only hear clips from highlights shows, so it's only the goals.  Espo is hilarious though, he has no idea what his role is supposed to be.  My guess is that over the course of a game, he's a lot like Will Ferrell's version of Harry Carey.

And as for Milt Ellis, I love the fact that I can actually hear his voice in my head right now without even clicking on any links.  Some sounds just stick with you forever.

You know what really sucks?  If the announcer for the 15-16 season was told to be just like Milt Ellis, it wouldn't have any negative impact on the crowd atmosphere versus "monster truck" style of PA announcer. You would think there would be someone old school in the organization <cough cough> Pegula <cough cough> who would just say, this is what I want!

In case you can't tell, I HATE monster truck PA guy...especially the Sabres current guy.  Every time I had to listen to him say Thomas Vanek, it made me want to go on a seek and destroy mission and rip the microphone out of his hand.

You know what really sucks?  If the announcer for the 15-16 season was told to be just like Milt Ellis, it wouldn't have any negative impact on the crowd atmosphere versus "monster truck" style of PA announcer. You would think there would be someone old school in the organization <cough cough> Pegula <cough cough> who would just say, this is what I want!

In case you can't tell, I HATE monster truck PA guy...especially the Sabres current guy.  Every time I had to listen to him say Thomas Vanek, it made me want to go on a seek and destroy mission and rip the microphone out of his hand.

Oh my god yes.  Every time I think about his voice it's automatically him saying Thomasss Vaaaanek.

Jesus that boston announcer is really annoying, i can understand you are also a fan of the team, but some neutrality would be nice from him.

It's not nice to stereotype.  Except in this one instance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.