Get to Know - Disco Dan Bylsma

Forgive me for attempting to influence your decision.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyvXlNJ9Wmc

His age would put him smack dab in the middle of The Clash hayday, although that band is timeless.

I'm SOLD!!

Any coach that digs The Clash is more than awesome in my books.

That's awesome.  And almost too perfect a way to manipulate NS.

:flirt:

I've got Yuri ready to fold too....Bylsma has written fiction sports novels.......

Oh...and NS is a double fold.....check out 1:23 of this video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neK7nI5Esk0

And an accountant by trade to boot.  And an author ... paging Yuri / Anna.

His age would put him smack dab in the middle of The Clash hayday, although that band is timeless.

I'm SOLD!!

Any coach that digs The Clash is more than awesome in my books.

I'm all in. Time to degenerate the faithful. Rock the Bylsma, rock the Bylsma ...

The only coach that matters .....

Edited by Neo

I'm all in. Time to degenerate the faithful. Rock the Bylsma, rock the Bylsma ...

The only coach that matters .....

I nominate this post to be inducted immediately into the SabreSpace Hall of Fame.

No five year waiting period.

Outstanding.  Well done, good sir.

Congrats Woods! Morning crew for WGR must have read this post as they are now using your McDavid Eichel comparison and are determining that Eichel is Bylsma.

Now I'll be all set if they say he has gotten to 250 wins quicker than any coach LOL

Thanks Beer!

That's funny! 

But I hope we do get our "Eichel".

I watched Conner play against a very good Oshawa team that was filled with veteran players, he was definitely targeted to make sure his skills where limited and he played well against guys 1-3 years older than him.

But Jack played well against men these last few weeks, some of the best in the world, even more impressive.

I want our new coach to have experience with a generational talent, coached a Stanley Cup team, be cocky but self deprecating, spontaneous but in compete control, a motivator but not from behind the front lines, a coach that makes practice both mentally and physically stimulating. These are traits of my most memorable coaches.

Again thank you Drane, you have given us a peek into Dan's character. He becomes a better coach the more I see of him. If he quotes the likes of Churchill, Ike, Einstein and maybe Mario Andretti ( "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"). He will be my Eichel.   

It just fits...and he's American...count me in!

Also, there was an article by Jeremy White at WGR, it was titled "The Sabres Model." (It's been taken down.)

http://www.wgr550.com/JW--The-Sabres-Model/19008663

It showed exactly how much talent Buffalo has compared to what Bylsma had to work with in Pittsburgh. The had like 9 first and second round picks in a 7 year span, and the Sabres have had 17 first and second round picks in a 3-4 year span.

(Sorry about yesterday, I was extremely pissed, for many reasons...but I'm over it. Just hate seeing people bash and insult us.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

I never claim to have inside sources, or loiter at Prior Aviation....

I never promote an outside website, blog, tweet, or agenda.....

I'm just a Watchman, on the Wall of the City for the Good People of Buffalo.........

OK GR.....go for it.....I'd use this out of break......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AyZ6DJaHNM

Let's just get this done, win some Cups........and let Mrs. Babcock enjoy her cubic zirconia at Zale's........

But I hope we do get our "Eichel".

I watched Conner play against a very good Oshawa team that was filled with veteran players, he was definitely targeted to make sure his skills where limited and he played well against guys 1-3 years older than him.

But Jack played well against men these last few weeks, some of the best in the world, even more impressive.

Again thank you Drane, you have given us a peek into Dan's character. He becomes a better coach the more I see of him. If he quotes the likes of Churchill, Ike, Einstein and maybe Mario Andretti ( "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"). He will be my Eichel.   

And that should be enough notice to put a muzzle on anyone who thinks Eichel would go back to school. He's played against top players and men from around the world including Ovie and certainly showed well. Not bad for an 18 year old kid and I can't imagine him decompressing now for a few months and thinking that was fun but I got t o get back to school.

Love the Mario quote!!

Why are the Pens still eligible for compensation if the Sabres hire Bylsma? Did we get anything from the Stars when they hired Ruff?  Do we get a bag of pucks from the Vancouver Giants if they hire Nolan?

He's still being paid by the Pens. They likely won't pursue compensation because they'll just want to get out of paying him.

If we get Bylsma I want Tony Granato with him. He's one of his old assistants. Working in Detroit, but Babcock just walked so they may let him go. Good with defense and special teams. Bylsma, Granato, Irbe and some other guy.

Edited by Hoss

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 17:20

GoDD is moving a mountain.

I nominate this post to be inducted immediately into the SabreSpace Hall of Fame.

No five year waiting period.

Outstanding.  Well done, good sir.

Forever awesome. I'm grateful!