2015 NHL Playoffs - Round 2

Hoss

Amazing thing about Anaheim...you look up and down their roster and besides Perry and Getzlaf, you've never heard of any of these guys. And they're going to win the cup. It's like a formula they've hit on over the years because they've been successful year after year.

5-0.

What do you think about the Sabres going after Matt Beleskey?

Wishful thinking but I don't understand the type of player who would go from a perennial cup contender to a team in chaos who has no reasonable chance to even get to the playoffs for a few years...The guys who go for the money...we've seen that in Leino and  Ehrhoff...they're not leaders, which the Sabres desperately need. When things go badly, this type of player totally disappears.

Edited by 716

Amazing thing about Anaheim...you look up and down their roster and besides Perry and Getzlaf, you've never heard of any of these guys. And they're going to win the cup. It's like a formula they've hit on over the years because they've been successful year after year.

What? This is no roster of unknowns. They might have one of the best defenses in the league with Vatanen, Beauchemin, Fowler, and Wisnewski. And with Kesler, Fleischmann, Cogliano, Etem, and Palmieri and forward. Sekac was killing it for Montreal this year and Maroon has really come on as a player going back to even last years playoffs.

I'm just going to assume what you meant to say is that you don't follow the Ducks at all.

I don't watch the Ducks; they're on the west coast. I didn't get the package this year because of the suckitutde. If you're a casual fan of course you've never heard of these guys. Keep it in perspective. You have over 21,000 posts. Not too many people breathe being a hockey fan like you. I've heard of players like Beauchemin, Cogliano, Etem. I know Beauchemin was with the team a long time, got traded and came back. But if you're a GM, you don't go after these guys; they have built this squad with a bunch of non-stars. They fit into a formula. They are interchangeable. That was my point. 

Edited by 716

Wishful thinking but I don't understand the type of player who would go from a perennial cup contender to a team in chaos who has no reasonable chance to even get to the playoffs for a few years...The guys who go for the money...we've seen that in Leino and  Ehrhoff...they're not leaders, which the Sabres desperately need. When things go badly, this type of player totally disappears.

I am not sure the Sabres do desperately need leaders.  One thing I noticed this past season was how well this group held it together despite the losing. They always stood up for each other.  Sometimes going through the crucible of the tank forges strong leaders and in our case I believe we saw that happen. 

I don't watch the Ducks; they're on the west coast. I didn't get the package this year because of the suckitutde. If you're a casual fan of course you've never heard of these guys. Keep it in perspective. You have over 21,000 posts. Not too many people breathe being a hockey fan like you. I've heard of players like Beauchemin, Cogliano, Etem. I know Beauchemin was with the team a long time, got traded and came back. But if you're a GM, you don't go after these guys; they have built this squad with a bunch of non-stars. They fit into a formula. They are interchangeable. That was my point. 

How can you say they built a squad with non stars when they have Kesler, Perry, and Getzlaf?  They're incredibly deep at forward, and GMs absolutely need to go after depth forwards after they have the stars in place.

And don't get testy with d4rk (his internet majesty).  In your post you said 

perhaps better would be to say "I've never heard of these guys.", no?

Edited by qwksndmonster

How can you say they built a squad with non stars when they have Kesler, Perry, and Getzlaf?  They're incredibly deep at forward, and GMs absolutely need to go after depth forwards after they have the stars in place.

Dont forget they also had Bobby Ryan, and were able to trade him for Jakob Silfverberg, who has been a stud for them.

Ovi is probably having the best playoff performance that I've seen from him.

He averages like a point per game throughout his playoff career. For as much as he gets knocked down, he's always been a playoff performer.

Dont forget they also had Bobby Ryan, and were able to trade him for Jakob Silfverberg, who has been a stud for them.

He averages like a point per game throughout his playoff career. For as much as he gets knocked down, he's always been a playoff performer.

He actually seems more engaged and excited this time around. Not so much in previous years.

That NYR/CAPS game last night is exactly the reason the NHL has a scoring problem.  The game winner made me want to  :sick: .

I was thinking the exact opposite. That game was awesome, one of the better games of the playoffs so far. And I keep reading "flukey goal" in headlines. How is the puck doing exactly what the shooter intended flukey? Guys make that shot all the time.

I was thinking the exact opposite. That game was awesome, one of the better games of the playoffs so far. And I keep reading "flukey goal" in headlines. How is the puck doing exactly what the shooter intended flukey? Guys make that shot all the time.

Agreed, that game was a ton of fun.  I've been in the minority before, but low-scoring and/or Devils-style hockey has always been just fine with me.  There's plenty enough going on to entertain me, I don't need 7 goals in a 6-minute game.

What I like about Ovi is that he is not afraid to shoot the puck like crazy.

He has a great shot and he uses it.  

I always wanted Vanek to go into every game thinking he had to have 10 shots!  Why not!  When you're Vanek, you need to shoot the puck.

What I like about Ovi is that he is not afraid to shoot the puck like crazy.

He has a great shot and he uses it.

I always wanted Vanek to go into every game thinking he had to have 10 shots! Why not! When you're Vanek, you need to shoot the puck.

Ovi finally looks like he's in control. He's really got the right coach there. They've unleashed the beast.

I can't explain it but this Sabres season has made me more interested in the playoffs than ever.

Opposite for me. I think it's the lack of scoring, but I haven't been nearly as into these playoffs as I usually am. 

I can't explain it but this Sabres season has made me more interested in the playoffs than ever.

Me too. Went to Game 1 of Hawks Wild and was thinking how long it will take until the Sabres can generate that kind of excitement. Just jonesin I guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.