The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

If marriage has taught me anything, you can't actually apologize and then come with the "But."

Now that is some high-end Breaking Bad Bogo life advice right there.

Does anyone have a working hypothesis for why we haven't see Moulson with Eichel I'm the regular season? My first thought was he doesn't think Moulson can keep up with Jack, but Larsson and Foligno aren't exactly burners.

My guess is that it's because Moulson has until the last 3-4 games not played very well -- and now he's formed a DDB-favored pairing with Zemgus.

I also think it shows that Jack is doing what HD wants and that is to be strong away from the puck.  The zone exits is encouraging over the long haul.  I think it also shows that McDavid has better finishing help.

He does, but things like dekes are measurements of pure skill.  

McDavid is as advertised no doubt. I still like the skill Jack brings.  Nice consolation prize and a good fit.

Absolutely.  Nothing to be disappointed in.  I just think it is interesting that fancystats indicate McDavid IS showing another gear offensively even with less rounded play.

It is interesting that right now Jack seems to have the better game, but McJesus' raw talent is allowing him to take better advantage of the chances he's getting.  I have to think that when Connor's NHL game rounds out that he'll walk away with the comparisons.  And how about Domi?  Kid is really making a name.

That and McDavid's linemates are highly skilled offensive players. 

I just watched several of the interviews.  Interesting to watch Eichel's, then Samson's.  I tried to think of a comparison between the two, and finally what comes to mind is "learning curve."  Sure Reinhartd has a lot to learn, but he seems both more comfortable with the interview and also with his own play.  He's seen the speed of the NHL last year, got a chance to work on some things in Rochester, and hit the ground running.  Samson seems at ease, polished.  Watching Eichel you can see his impatience with knowing what he wants to do, knowing what the coaches expect of him, knowing that eventually it'll come, but not being able to do it... yet.  He'll get there but this is going to be a tough year for him to go from leagues where he was clearly the best player out there to leagues where that doesn't matter as much; with the speed and systems of NHL teams you can't simply beat another team all by yourself.  And also remember Eich's been going non-stop all summer.

In all fairness, Jack's game is the flashy, in-your-face, eat-my-dust kind of game where Reinhart'sd game is quieter and the type of game that lends itself to being part of a line rather than a featured player.  (Not taking anything away from Samson but their games are pretty different.)

I just watched several of the interviews.  Interesting to watch Eichel's, then Samson's.  I tried to think of a comparison between the two, and finally what comes to mind is "learning curve."  Sure Reinhartd has a lot to learn, but he seems both more comfortable with the interview and also with his own play.  He's seen the speed of the NHL last year, got a chance to work on some things in Rochester, and hit the ground running.  Samson seems at ease, polished.  Watching Eichel you can see his impatience with knowing what he wants to do, knowing what the coaches expect of him, knowing that eventually it'll come, but not being able to do it... yet.  He'll get there but this is going to be a tough year for him to go from leagues where he was clearly the best player out there to leagues where that doesn't matter as much; with the speed and systems of NHL teams you can't simply beat another team all by yourself.  And also remember Eich's been going non-stop all summer.

In all fairness, Jack's game is the flashy, in-your-face, eat-my-dust kind of game where Reinhart'sd game is quieter and the type of game that lends itself to being part of a line rather than a featured player.  (Not taking anything away from Samson but their games are pretty different.)

They both seem like good kids, but personality-wise Sam is fourth-year university. Jack is frosh all the way.

There is a reason Jack is boarding with a veteran and Sam is on his own

They both seem like good kids, but personality-wise Sam is fourth-year university. Jack is frosh all the way.

There is a reason Jack is boarding with a veteran and Sam is on his own

Sam's maturity this season has impressed me.  His mind is just constantly turning, looking for flaws and then working on them.

Amen. 

I don't begrudge anyone their diversions, but the only feeling I get in a strip club is a blend of anxiety, despair, and sadness.

I feel exploitation.  As in many men being separated from their money for an outcome that will never happen.  I laugh.  It is what it is... and it's not my thing.

Good stuff.  Love it.

Sam's maturity this season has impressed me.  His mind is just constantly turning, looking for flaws and then working on them.

I think Eich is still processing the difference of the NHL.  When he gets to the point where Reinhart dis in that respect, I think we'll see a quantum leap in Eich's performance.

This picture has been annoying me all day... Mainly because everybody keeps yelling "LOOK IT'S EICHEL ON A TANK!!!!!!!!!" That's a humvee. Stop.

Holy Moses. I'm sorry you've spoken to so many "brighter than a new moon" people today. I thought the point of the joke was that he's not on the tank, man. He's not on it, Bro!

Holy Moses. I'm sorry you've spoken to so many "brighter than a new moon" people today. I thought the point of the joke was that he's not on the tank, man. He's not on it, Bro!

There are people on Twitter presenting this picture as Eichel "on/in a tank." :P