The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Canada is so much smarter than us.  Whenever I get pennies/nickels back as change I throw them on the ground.  Some little old lady might enjoy them.

I've started seeing nickels and dimes ending up in the little courtesy change trays at convenience stores and the like. Pennies, OK. Anything silvery? No way, Jose. That's cray cray.

I've started seeing nickels and dimes ending up in the little courtesy change trays at convenience stores and the like. Pennies, OK. Anything silvery? No way, Jose. That's cray cray.

I hate nickels because they're just big enough for me to mistake them for quarters every now and again. Good to know that you're one of the old ladies that I donate to :p

I hate nickels because they're just big enough for me to mistake them for quarters every now and again. Good to know that you're one of the old ladies that I donate to :P

Get back to me when you're older and people are lighting up ones for a good chuckle.

No.

Seriously, dollar bills are the detritus of the wallet.  Why in hell do we still have them?  I put them in a bowl like I put coins in a jar.  And yes, about every year, I get to about $1K and do something nice for myself.  But they're silly.

Seriously, dollar bills are the detritus of the wallet.  Why in hell do we still have them?  I put them in a bowl like I put coins in a jar.  And yes, about every year, I get to about $1K and do something nice for myself.  But they're silly.

think of the strippers, eleven.  The strippers.  Where would a dollar coin go? .................... oh.

You do this too? I get tips at my job, and it's a great way to save up an easy $600.

think of the strippers, eleven.  The strippers.  Where would a dollar coin go? .................... oh.

Strippers, the new wishing wells of America 

Man, you've been harsh lately :lol:

Nope, I'm usually like this, just not so much on here. It's gotten me into a fair amount of trouble in the real world. Found out the other day I spent an entire night at the bar correcting a Vet on the proper ways to medicate a dog. I have no idea how to do this even remotely, I just thought it was fun. Turns out that Vet is now my sister's boss, and I'm not allowed at that clinic 

We heat up loonies with a bic and toss it on the stage for the girls that pick it up with their hee haw. :wub:

NSFW (funny) Edited by WildCard

Of course this is true. The dollar bill doesn't compare in durability to the coin. Go to Canada and start walking around with 7 Ibs of coins in your pockets after a day. No. perhaps the deuce should be widespread again?

We've had a couple versions of dollar coins attempted and resoundingly, the American publics response was, no.  And we don't want metric either even if it's a superior measurement.

Has etiquette changed? Am I cheap? I always tipped them in American singles.

Same thing.

:worthy:

Nope, I'm usually like this, just not so much on here. It's gotten me into a fair amount of trouble in the real world. Found out the other day I spent an entire night at the bar correcting a Vet on the proper ways to medicate a dog. I have no idea how to do this even remotely, I just thought it was fun. Turns out that Vet is now my sister's boss, and I'm not allowed at that clinic 

:lol:

NSFW (funny)

I admire your ability to be the complete opposite of most people.