The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, I really don't care anymore. It went from joking, to insults (perceived or not), and now we're philosophizing on strip-clubs. Done, over it, moving on.

As far as Eichel goes, 

How many setups has he made relative to how many times they have been capitalized on? The he goes and scores some tremendous goals himself. In the NBA it's called hero ball--a great player thinks he's the best option and dials his own number repeatedly. I don't think it's lack of vision, I think he basically says "F it, I got this" more often than he should.

I like this idea, and myself and others have been advocating it. I really think this is what it is; I'm too lazy to find the interview with BU's coach from last year, but he says this exact thing. That he had to sit Jack down, and explain to him he needs to dish it off in order to get it back. Otherwise, he'll never get anywhere

(You don't need to have kids to be weirded out by strip clubs)

When I was in my early 20's a night at the ballet was awesome.  Way too many awesome stories that I can't share here.

Amen. 

I don't begrudge anyone their diversions, but the only feeling I get in a strip club is a blend of anxiety, despair, and sadness.

and 20+ years later, I'm right here.

Byslma post-practice "I don't think we need to find their right line-mates for Jack, we need to play better together, and he's probably going to continue to do that with the guys he played last game with".

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573&id=863739&lang=en&navid=DL|BUF|home

Byslma post-practice "I don't think we need to find their right line-mates for Jack, we need to play better together, and he's probably going to continue to do that with the guys he played last game with".

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573&id=863739&lang=en&navid=DL|BUF|home

Look for Jacker to dish the puck more.

So is Jack getting his PP slapped by being stuck with Foligno and Larsson. Nice linemates for your generational talent.

So is Jack getting his PP slapped by being stuck with Foligno and Larsson. Nice linemates for your generational talent.

I don't think it's a punishment, I think Byslma believes those are the type of players Jack needs. Foigno is just a much, much lesser Kane, and Larsson a better Gionta. 

I don't think it's a punishment, I think Byslma believes those are the type of players Jack needs. Foigno is just a much, much lesser Kane, and Larsson a better Gionta. 

But it begs the question of whether the real Kane and Gionta are the right type of players to pair him with.

But it begs the question of whether the real Kane and Gionta are the right type of players to pair him with.

Well I think there's a big difference between Foligno and Kane, mainly that Kane wants to carry the puck in whereas Foligno is willing to let others do it. The similarity is, crashing board play and puck retrieval. The latter seems to be what Byslma wants for Eichel, given Girgensons, Foligno, and Kane. 

As for Gionta and Larsson. Both are smart players, decent on the fore-check, and are just balanced. Not a lot of risk/reward there with either of them, which is why I want Moulson on that line to be the finisher Jack needs. I mean, Moulson is getting goals on the 3rd line right now, imagine putting him with Jack. 

I think you need a Foligno on that line, but a finisher needs to replace Larsson/Gionta. Ideally Kane is both the finisher and crasher, but his insistence on puck control makes that pairing just not possible IMO. I'd really like to see Ennis with Eichel too

I'm just trying to see the logic of not having a finisher on his line. Hell, Girgensons makes more sense than Larsson.

Entirely agree, see above  ;)

Edited by WildCard

Well I think there's a big difference between Foligno and Kane, mainly that Kane wants to carry the puck in whereas Foligno is willing to let others do it. The similarity is, crashing board play and puck retrieval. The latter seems to be what Byslma wants for Eichel, given Girgensons, Foligno, and Kane.

As for Gionta and Larsson. Both are smart players, decent on the fore-check, and are just balanced. Not a lot of risk/reward there with either of them, which is why I want Moulson on that line to be the finisher Jack needs. I mean, Moulson is getting goals on the 3rd line right now, imagine putting him with Jack.

I think you need a Foligno on that line, but a finisher needs to replace Larsson/Gionta. Ideally Kane is both the finisher and crasher, but his insistence on puck control makes that pairing just not possible IMO. I'd really like to see Ennis with Eichel too

Entirely agree, see above ;)

Does anyone have a working hypothesis for why we haven't see Moulson with Eichel I'm the regular season? My first thought was he doesn't think Moulson can keep up with Jack, but Larsson and Foligno aren't exactly burners.

Does anyone have a working hypothesis for why we haven't see Moulson with Eichel I'm the regular season? My first thought was he doesn't think Moulson can keep up with Jack, but Larsson and Foligno aren't exactly burners.

No, but I was thinking that's how they were going to start the season. It seems like such an obvious pairing to try.

Great stuff here, thanks for posting. This is worth sharing with the good folks at the Off The Wall forum in the Sabres thread if you're so inclined. Not as many learned students of the game there and these stats would provide insight above the simple scoring stats available.

GO SANRES!!!

This may be my favorite post on here all season. These are awesome, thanks We've

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.  

Saw that on the sister site earlier, good stuff.

It is interesting that right now Jack seems to have the better game, but McJesus' raw talent is allowing him to take better advantage of the chances he's getting.  I have to think that when Connor's NHL game rounds out that he'll walk away with the comparisons.  And how about Domi?  Kid is really making a name.

Great stuff here, thanks for posting. This is worth sharing with the good folks at the Off The Wall forum in the Sabres thread if you're so inclined. Not as many learned students of the game there and these stats would provide insight above the simple scoring stats available.

GO SANRES!!!

I don't visit the dark side.  Feel free to take credit for finding it.

It is interesting that right now Jack seems to have the better game, but McJesus' raw talent is allowing him to take better advantage of the chances he's getting.  I have to think that when Connor's NHL game rounds out that he'll walk away with the comparisons.  And how about Domi?  Kid is really making a name.

I don't visit the dark side.  Feel free to take credit for finding it.

Haha! Moot point as I just checked after Claude's post and sure enough it's already there. Should have known 26CornerBlitz would be all over it.

GO SABRES!!!

I also think it shows that Jack is doing what HD wants and that is to be strong away from the puck.  The zone exits is encouraging over the long haul.  I think it also shows that McDavid has better finishing help.