The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Nope, I'm usually like this, just not so much on here. It's gotten me into a fair amount of trouble in the real world. Found out the other day I spent an entire night at the bar correcting a Vet on the proper ways to medicate a dog. I have no idea how to do this even remotely, I just thought it was fun. Turns out that Vet is now my sister's boss, and I'm not allowed at that clinic 

NSFW (funny)

:w00t:  :blink:  :(  :sick: 

I haven't been to a strip club, there or here. What do Canucks do?

Well, they fold a 10 the long way and set it on their nose as they lay on the stage.....

Then you take her to breakfast.

Edited by ubkev

I don't consider myself a prude (well, maybe I'm trending that way now that my oldest girl is approaching college-aged), and I know I risk some blow-back, but I'm gonna say it just the same: 

Can we all sincerely consider whether the stripper etiquette chat is appropriate for our forum? Or, at least, appropriate for a thread about #15? I keep returning here looking for Eichel talk.

I'll give you guys until noon to get back to talking about Jack Eichel... like his lack of vision or his awesome shot.

(Didn't see this when I posted.)

I'll give you guys until noon to get back to talking about Jack Eichel... like his lack of vision or his awesome shot.

I don't think it's a lack of vision at all, I think it's more of a trust issue.

I don't consider myself a prude (well, maybe I'm trending that way now that my oldest girl is approaching college-aged), and I know I risk some blow-back, but I'm gonna say it just the same:

Can we all sincerely consider whether the stripper etiquette chat is appropriate for our forum? Or, at least, appropriate for a thread about #15? I keep returning here looking for Eichel talk.

It was a series of a few posts then died out. You really think it was worse than the mountains of double entendres we throw around and all of the other more blatant sex jokes? Hell, we had a breast thread .

It was a series of a few posts then died out. You really think it was worse than the mountains of double entendres we throw around and all of the other more blatant sex jokes? Hell, we had a breast thread .

I appreciate that. I saw them this morning, went to post, then stopped - thinking they were done. Then I saw some more. So I posted. 

Maybe it's going to standard time that made me do it.

Anyway, I did think it was worse than the blue puns that get thrown around, as those tend to arise organically (and sporadically) in the course of chatter about other stuff.

And, yes. We did OT in praise of breasts. First, that was an OT thread. Second, and for reasons I will not expound, speaking or posting in praise of breasts is a sight different than talking about strip clubs. To me, anyway.

It was a page of jokes, less than a day. If it happened for a week, or a few days straight, I'd get that, but it's nice to joke around here too, IMO. But, let's return to Jack.

Hopefully, the 3 days off has Byslma running through a ton of film with him. Even with the same line-mates, I expect him to come back and start passing the puck more, and being much more patient in the offensive end,

It was a page of jokes, less than a day. If it happened for a week, or a few days straight, I'd get that, but it's nice to joke around here too, IMO. But, let's return to Jack.

Hopefully, the 3 days off has Byslma running through a ton of film with him. Even with the same line-mates, I expect him to come back and start passing the puck more, and being much more patient in the offensive end,

I understand your view on the first piece, and hope to hell you're right on the second.

This is one of the big downsides to these mega-threads. When the discussion goes of topic - the thread doesn't just die off. Everyone is forced to endure the side chatter with no recourse. I grow to hate these things more every day.

This is one of the big downsides to these mega-threads. When the discussion goes of topic - the thread doesn't just die off. Everyone is forced to endure the side chatter with no recourse. I grow to hate these things more every day.

With the normal size page you can sometime skip through the stuff if desired. :rolleyes:  

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23735-page-size-for-threads/

What do you mean?

How many setups has he made relative to how many times they have been capitalized on? The he goes and scores some tremendous goals himself. In the NBA it's called hero ball--a great player thinks he's the best option and dials his own number repeatedly. I don't think it's lack of vision, I think he basically says "F it, I got this" more often than he should.

I think his vision hasn't caught up to the speed of the defenders/defending forwards, yet. In the Islanders game there were a few passes he tried in the offensive zone that had me shaking my head. They close lanes a lot faster in the NHL. I fully expect him to get used to it soon.

A lot of the better players will draw the defenders to them before before passing, to make room for the person they're passing to.  I think Jack is waiting just a bit too long before making those passes because, as you say, the lanes are closing up faster than he's used to.

How many setups has he made relative to how many times they have been capitalized on? The he goes and scores some tremendous goals himself. In the NBA it's called hero ball--a great player thinks he's the best option and dials his own number repeatedly. I don't think it's lack of vision, I think he basically says "F it, I got this" more often than he should.

I think this is accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bylsma encouraged it so they could learn what he's capable of relative to NHL talent.  With these few days off I wouldn't be surprised if DD dials Eich back off from 11 to something more realistic.

I did not imply that was a concern of mine, nor did I imply that was a motivation for my posting an objection to that line of talk.

Tread lightly when you reference my kids, dear old e-friend.

My apologies. But you brought up having a daughter approaching college age in the context of being offended by stripper talk. It was just a joke.

My apologies. But you brought up having a daughter approaching college age in the context of being offended by stripper talk. It was just a joke.

If marriage has taught me anything, you can't actually apologize and then come with the "But."

I referenced my oldest girl approaching the college years as a reason for my potentially becoming a bit more prudish. It was an unwarranted jump -- and, yes, a joke (one that I kindly asked not be made) -- to make the other connection.

We're good.