The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=772141

Good info from Quinn his college coach

"I think Jack brings an awful lot to the table and he's got a chance to be ready for the NHL," Quinn told NHL.com. "Whether he's ready or not, he's going to be put in a situation where no matter who drafts him, the Oilers or Sabres, he's going to be in the NHL all next year; that's the reality of it.

Sounds like Eichel told him he is going to NHL

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=772141

Good info from Quinn his college coach

"I think Jack brings an awful lot to the table and he's got a chance to be ready for the NHL," Quinn told NHL.com. "Whether he's ready or not, he's going to be put in a situation where no matter who drafts him, the Oilers or Sabres, he's going to be in the NHL all next year; that's the reality of it.

Sounds like Eichel told him he is going to NHL

Hahahaha listen to those sour grapes.

Hahahaha listen to those sour grapes.

They're not sour grapes.  You don't get into a position like his without losing players constantly.  He had guys for very short windows when he was with the US developmental program and also his time as an assistant coach at BU.  He knows how things work.  Hell, he himself didn't stick through college his full four years (granted, he left to try to make the Olympic team).

I agree. He has nothing to gain in the CHL, especially the QMJHL...he is better served in the NCAA, if he wants to go back.

But, could you imagine him with Veleno, and then Chabot and Zboril on the backend for the Sea Dogs? That'd be impressive.

This just doesn't have the same ring to it, though. Lol.

http://www.saintjohnseadogs.com/roster/bio/219617

(I can't wait, even took the weekend off from DJing so I could be around to watch it. I'll possibly go to the draft party, just don't want to drive alone.)

One thing that does cross my mind, will Auston Matthews be the "American Phenom" that everyone looks at and knows? (He crushed Eich's #'s w/ the USNTDP.)

I wouldn't worry about this. There is plenty of "spotlight" to go around. Eichel is a franchise player. He also just oozes intangible traits. Not saying Matthews doesn't have special qualities too, but Eichel is going to stand out, and everyone will know him.

Edited by Thorny

They're not sour grapes.  You don't get into a position like his without losing players constantly.  He had guys for very short windows when he was with the US developmental program and also his time as an assistant coach at BU.  He knows how things work.  Hell, he himself didn't stick through college his full four years (granted, he left to try to make the Olympic team).

I was simply taking issue with him questioning whatsoever that Eichel is ready for the next level.

You know what's really fun to think about?

C - Jack Eichel

A - Underboss Zemgus Girgensons

A - Steely eyed Rasmus Ristolainen

Reinhart is certainly Captain material as well.... has those intangibles.  

Again, I have to wonder why WNY's best hockey writer is buried in Olean.  Whose dog did he run over?

Thanks Brawndo!

Eleven, perhaps it's just that Hoppe hates the snooze.