The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

I know, it's crazy. When you hear comps for Jack, it is almost always two players - a size and body separation guy like a Thornton or Getz and a quick, agile high top-end speed guy. It's pretty tough to find a single guy that captures his assortment of skill.

Now if he could only get a decent hair cut.

I did. It moved.

TBD, did you have a chance to listen to Matthew Coller talk about the meeting a few staffers from GR had with Bylsma and Murray? Coller came away impressed by Bylsma Knowledge of Analytics, hopefully it shows in his coaching next season.

TBD, did you have a chance to listen to Matthew Coller talk about the meeting a few staffers from GR had with Bylsma and Murray? Coller came away impressed by Bylsma Knowledge of Analytics, hopefully it shows in his coaching next season.

Meh. I knew he used them in Pittsburgh, but as I said to Drane awhile back, usage does not inherently mean proper usage. I'm not trying to spin this as a negative or anything, but I didn't think it was really news and was caught off guard by how seemingly surprised Coller was that Bylsma is well-versed. Using them is good, but I want to see him coach Eichel to carry it in rather than playing chip and chase before I bust out the pom poms.

Meh. I knew he used them in Pittsburgh, but as I said to Drane awhile back, usage does not inherently mean proper usage. I'm not trying to spin this as a negative or anything, but I didn't think it was really news and was caught off guard by how seemingly surprised Coller was that Bylsma is well-versed. Using them is good, but I want to see him coach Eichel to carry it in rather than playing chip and chase before I bust out the pom poms.

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I would rather have Eichel and Kane on separate lines. Both are good with offensive zone entries and would drive puck possession.

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I would rather have Eichel and Kane on separate lines. Both are good with offensive zone entries and would drive puck possession.

And both want the puck on their stick always. Not a good match.

Michael with Moulson, Reinhart with Kane — two matches made in heaven.

I'll go as far to say that the main reason we signed Moulson was to play him with McEichel.

I think he stays another year. He just doesn't want it to affect his draft position.

I was worried for a bit, but Murray said in a WGR interview something along the lines of: "If Eichel thinks he's the best player in the draft (talking about interviews), then he knows where he should play next year to prove it: the NHL"

I was worried for a bit, but Murray said in a WGR interview something along the lines of: "If Eichel thinks he's the best player in the draft (talking about interviews), then he knows where he should play next year to prove it: the NHL"

Correct, the self-proclaimed best player in the draft doesn't go back to college/OHL/etc. In fact, that would be the biggest move. In case you're wondering about the filter, I wasn't referring to a man's genitalia.

Edited by kas23

There is no way that he is delaying his UFA year, much less his RFA year, to play in the NCAA.  Get it out of your minds.  It is not happening.

Yeah, I know, Toews did it.  Who owned the team when he was drafted?  "Dollar" Bill Wirtz.  Not the situation here.

He will be in a blue and gold uniform come September.  Bank on it, and relax.

Here is the actual podcast.

Warning heavy Bawston Accent ahead

http://www.dannypicard.com/podcasts/jack-eichel-61515/

It's "you're blowing hot ice" with an even WORSE accent.  Didn't think it was possible to out-do a parody like that.

Taken with a grain of salt (given the "source"), and it's kind of ironic coming from someone who roots for Patrick Kane, but...I just thought it was funny.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Rumors-Now-Flying/128/69389

McDAVID/EICHEL

Heard from a source that there is an emerging point of view, among those who’ve interviewed them, on each of these top draftees in terms of attitude and demeanor. McDavid is as advertised. Eichel: “entitled and kind of a jack a--.” Caveat Emptor, Buffalo.

On a sidenote...Crawford's on the market? (Don't think I'd want him, but that's quite interesting to me.)