GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Talked to a guy at a few sabres games that knows McDavids family and he said the only team in the NHL that he doesn't want to go to is Edmonton.

So McDavid seemed less than thrilled that the Oilers won,and Edmonton wouldn't come out and say definitively they would draft McDavid.  Oilers can't trade out either or they will miss out on Eichel.

I think there maybe drama brewing with this.  Could Oilers take Eichel over McDavid????

And this is why you don't tank. Jack Eichel had better be the next Modano. You are never guaranteed the #1pick. NEVER!!!!!!!!!! By the way, when is Mike Babcock coming again? Yes the Sabres have loads of young talent but I do feel this "rebuild" will now take considerably longer then expected. In Jack we trust!!!! I still do not believe Babcock sets foot in Buffalo so start looking for another coach whose last name isn't Bylsma. Calling Luke Richardson! I hope this all pans out Sabre fans or we are in for years of more pain. Not my way of building but I am no GM. I prefer the Habs, Wings, Bruins way of building.

hmm, so where is our brilliant GM now? better get something out of those lower picks.... Can Murray earn his metal or is he just a dweeb.

And this is why you don't tank. Jack Eichel had better be the next Modano. You are never guaranteed the #1pick. NEVER!!!!!!!!!! By the way, when is Mike Babcock coming again? Yes the Sabres have loads of young talent but I do feel this "rebuild" will now take considerably longer then expected. In Jack we trust!!!! I still do not believe Babcock sets foot in Buffalo so start looking for another coach whose last name isn't Bylsma. Calling Luke Richardson! I hope this all pans out Sabre fans or we are in for years of more pain. Not my way of building but I am no GM. I prefer the Habs, Wings, Bruins way of building.

We tanked to guarantee Eichel, not get McDavid.  Had we not finished last we would be getting neither.  Thank God we did.

Mission accomplished.

Edited by dejeanneret

I do agree, McDavid didn't look overly thrilled. I have not seen enough of Jack but I trust Central Scouting and I will be overly thrilled if Jack becomes the player he seems destined to be. Best of luck Jack, i for one, wish you the greatest success here in Western New York and I will be rooting for you! Perhaps good to have an American on a U.S based club.

So McDavid seemed less than thrilled that the Oilers won,and Edmonton wouldn't come out and say definitively they would draft McDavid.  Oilers can't trade out either or they will miss out on Eichel.

I think there maybe drama brewing with this.  Could Oilers take Eichel over McDavid????

They would trade out to us.  Edmonton Buffalo swap would be something.  

McDavid's agent tells the Oilers he will never sign with them. Oilers could just draft Eichel but instead decide to "trade" top pick to Buffalo for a token pick.

Don't see it but who know?.

What disaster that was.

No, no, no, not the lottery.  Right at about 3 minutes after the hour, the local (DFW) news started showing thunderstorm coverage (big one blowing through), we lost power several times (and every time the st00pid DTV receiver has to go through its reboot) and then our internet went down.  Now it's all back up and I missed it.  

So EDM got McDavid and we're "stuck" with Eichel, huh?  Well okay that's over.  Let's move on and start building lineup charts around Eichel.  I think he'll be better early anyway due to his competition, but I guess we'll see, eh?

Meh.  They all but said they will be moving someone from their group. McDavid just made RNH expendable.  Who wants to trade for RNH?

There's a certain cool factor on having the US born star on the team.  He's coming for us... he said so.  He knew.  He can see the future.  That should help him.

Edited by LTS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.