GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

By the way, all of those out there touting the signing of Mike Babcock, do you truly believe he is coming now? Really really believe it? I do not think so. And yes, McDavid will sign with Edmonton as they also have a youthful club. He could very well be the next Gretzky. Let the comparisons between McDavid and Eichel start now. The coach Buffalo hires this season will be ever so important now. If it is Luke Richardson, hope he brings that Binghampton magic with him. No way Edmonton deals the McDavid pick either. That is guaranteed ticket sales and in the seats. As for a goaltender, I think if Edmonton shores up the rest of their game, their goaltending is decent. Plenty goalies out there, ask the Sabres!

This may be callous, but I don't care. I'm really just thrilled it wasn't Toronto or Arizona...or any of the good teams who have recent Cups.

I want him in Edmonton and totally miserable. I want him to think about how awful its going to be every night before he goes to bed. 

I could see the Oilers playing this angle.  I could also see Murray playing ball with them.  Although the GM said he couldn't see himself trading out of this position, which is why i'm thinking they just take Eichel since admitting of not trading the pick takes out the drama for Buffalo

He won't trade for McDavid, he'll trade for RNH.  They need Defense, we got Defense.  Who do you let go for Nugent Hopkins?  I think they might trade anyone but Risto.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

Let's hear it for small markets. Welcome to Buffalo, Jack.

I'm with this sentiment. Don't lament the loss of McDavid, welcome Jack into the family and look forward. I feel great that we have an opportunity to draft  Jack Eichel. This kid will help transform this franchise and will help make every other prospect we have better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.