GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

I'm sorry but McDavid should be with Buffalo and Eichel to Arizona. Two worst teams get the two best players just like the NFL Draft. Im sick of this lottery crap. Putting the fans thru bad seasons is punishment enough. Yes GM's can trade and move players up and down but the players and coaches aren't throwing games on purpose.

I must be the only one that just wants this over. I've had enough of this tank.

These last two seasons have been far the worst I can remember. I was totally not motivated to watch this team. I not a fan of this draft lottery at all. NFL doesn't use it and it's the best league of all the major sports. I would be pissed if team 10-14 got McDavid. Defeats the whole purpose of the worst team getting the best player. Like I said in a previous posts maybe in the 80's the teams threw games but not in the present day. Players are playing hard and coaches are coaching to keep their job. Most of the tank talk is about an organization doing a major rebuild up and down the roster, coaches, GM's and scouts. Putting the fans thru that is hard enough but what could possibly make it worse is a team that just barely missed the playoffs by getting the best player. To me that's not fair. Edited by SabresBillsFan

I'm sorry but McDavid should be with Buffalo and Eichel to Arizona. Two worst teams get the two best players just like the NFL Draft. Im sick of this lottery crap. Putting the fans thru bad seasons is punishment enough. Yes GM's can trade and move players up and down but the players and coaches aren't throwing games on purpose.

These last two seasons have been far the worst I can remember. I was totally not motivated to watch this team. I not a fan of this draft lottery at all. NFL doesn't use it and it's the best league of all the major sports. I would be pissed if team 10-14 got McDavid. Defeats the whole purpose of the worst team getting the best player. Like I said in a previous posts maybe in the 80's the teams threw games but not in the present day. Players are playing hard and coaches are coaching to keep their job. Most of the tank talk is about an organization doing a major rebuild up and down the roster, coaches, GM's and scouts. Putting the fans thru that is hard enough but what could possibly make it worse is a team that just barely missed the playoffs by getting the best player. To me that's not fair.

If this lottery pisses you off then just wait until next year. I think it's something like a 50 50 chance the team in DFL picks 4th.

If this lottery pisses you off then just wait until next year. I think it's something like a 50 50 chance the team in DFL picks 4th.

I know and it's not fair that way. Organizations going thru major rebuilds shouldnt be punished because they are going a different direction. The players and coaches aren't throwing games on purpose. Think about this why did Darcy start the whole rebuild process to begin with. Unfortunately this is what happens when your so called core group isn't good enough to compete for the cup. They had their chance and didn't get it done and they were on the down swing. So they(the organization) decided to let him tear it down and start over. Most teams don't do a total rebuild. So u should be punished for the team supposedly tanking. If the league found out that the teams were throwing games or suspected more than that behind the scenes the team would be punished.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Who needs luck,  Connor is on his way to Buffalo as we speak :P.  He's driving his beat up pinto to Buffalo from Erie.  It might take him a few months to push the thing.

NO! NOT A PINTO!!!

Had me rolling! Cheers to you.  :beer:

Great link to Best of Quagmire in the related videos.   :D

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

I'm sorry but McDavid should be with Buffalo and Eichel to Arizona. Two worst teams get the two best players just like the NFL Draft. Im sick of this lottery crap. Putting the fans thru bad seasons is punishment enough. Yes GM's can trade and move players up and down but the players and coaches aren't throwing games on purpose.These last two seasons have been far the worst I can remember. I was totally not motivated to watch this team. I not a fan of this draft lottery at all. NFL doesn't use it and it's the best league of all the major sports. I would be pissed if team 10-14 got McDavid. Defeats the whole purpose of the worst team getting the best player. Like I said in a previous posts maybe in the 80's the teams threw games but not in the present day. Players are playing hard and coaches are coaching to keep their job. Most of the tank talk is about an organization doing a major rebuild up and down the roster, coaches, GM's and scouts. Putting the fans thru that is hard enough but what could possibly make it worse is a team that just barely missed the playoffs by getting the best player. To me that's not fair.

You'll be singing a different tune when BUF wins the Matthews lottery next season.

Fun fact, Auston Matthews missed the draft birthday cutoff for 2015 by 2 days.

Nah, that one'll be fun.

"The Toronto Maple Leafs would like to thank the city of Buffalo and the great fans for hosting the draft and woukd like to thank the Sabres for beating us 6 times to ensure our finishing 30th. And with the 4th pick in the 2016 draft we select ..." :lol:

I've been thinking about this scenario, McDavid-Seguin-Spezza down the middle is ridiculous.

No to Dallas. I said this before and will keep saying it. If we lose the lottery I would much rather him go to Arizona. He would help that market and give those fans a great player. Plus they need a player like that there to sell tickets. Hope it doesn't happen but if he has to go to another team that's where I would rather see him go! Edited by SabresBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.