The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

In the last 13 months, the #leafs have gutted an entire front office, NHL/AHL coaching staffs, scouting department. Now they build.

Wonder what they build? An outhouse to store all their s#!t in?

Babcock, Strome, and their band of overpaid losers.

In the last 13 months, the #leafs have gutted an entire front office, NHL/AHL coaching staffs, scouting department. Now they build.

Wonder what they build? An outhouse to store all their s#!t in?

Yeah, what they're doing is unconscionable! It'll never work!

I'm going to say Luke Richardson is now Candidate #1, but I don't know.

I hope Tim Murray casts a very wide net and looks far and wide for the best possible candidate.

That is what Patty La La did and he found us a good GM.

Blashill is my preferred #1 now, but he will almost certainly be coaching in Detroit.

I'm going to say Luke Richardson is now Candidate #1, but I don't know.

I hope Tim Murray casts a very wide net and looks far and wide for the best possible candidate.

That is what Patty La La did and he found us a good GM.

Blashill is my preferred #1 now, but he will almost certainly be coaching in Detroit.

Blashill would be my #1 too, but unless Babcock stayed in Detroit, we had no chance. He's their next coach.

Throw me in the pro-Bylsma camp.  He has experience, won a Cup, and the Pens were considerably worse this past season without him (although obviously there were many factors beyond coaching that cause the drop-off).  Plus he has a winning playoff record.

I will say, and this feels weird, but...Edmonton looks really smart right now for snatching up the #2 coach on the market (in my view, anyway) while everybody else falls over themselves for Babcock.

Threw all our eggs in one basket, and made it easy for other teams to sign really good coaches.

Edited by Woods-Racer

I will say, and this feels weird, but...Edmonton looks really smart right now for snatching up the #2 coach on the market (in my view, anyway) while everybody else falls over themselves for Babcock.

It was a good move by them.  Locked it up with a normal coach contract while they had the chance.

Yeah, what they're doing is unconscionable! It'll never work!

You think the Leafs organization and fan base has the patience to go through what the Sabres just went through? Led by the highest paid coach in the league?

Also, this will be the first time since July 21, 1997 that the Sabres didn't hire the first and only coaching candidate they talked to.

It was reported that the Murray spoke with Mclellan at least briefly wasn't it?

Threw all our eggs in one basket, and made it easy for other teams to sign really good coaches.

Three teams have signed coaches, the Oilers who locked onto McLellen EARLY and hard, and the Flyers, who hired someone no one had even mentioned, and now Toronto, all of which have officially happened in the last 3 days. I mean, good for those teams, but lets not pretend that the Sabres dragged their heels and now have to hire Ted Nolan back. There's a LOT of good coaches out there, including Richardson who has been mentioned for this team for a loong time now.

New GM in Boston

@ESPNJoeyMac: Sweeney said Claude Julien is the coach of the Boston Bruins for today.

I would let this play out

Claude vs. Disco Dan

mmmmm, not sure but I think I would stick with Dan, Claude never struck me as a coach that handled youth well.

It was reported that the Murray spoke with Mclellan at least briefly wasn't it?

Shhhhh. I'm aware of that but I didn't think it counted since I only saw one report and it was a brief phone conversation according to said report.

Three teams have signed coaches, the Oilers who locked onto McLellen EARLY and hard, and the Flyers, who hired someone no one had even mentioned, and now Toronto, all of which have officially happened in the last 3 days. I mean, good for those teams, but lets not pretend that the Sabres dragged their heels and now have to hire Ted Nolan back. There's a LOT of good coaches out there, including Richardson who has been mentioned for this team for a loong time now.

True,

But the Sabres have only interviewed one coach, hence all eggs in one basket.  The Sabres are no further now than 3 weeks ago when they fired Nolan. They can have any number of AHL/college coaches, a proven NHL winner pool is much smaller now.

True. I think Babcock was the most qualified prospect out there.

That doesn't make him the only qualified coach out there, or the best fit.

Uhm, do you think they're sitting around drawing with crayons in between Babcock tweets? They didn't want McLellan. Their list is not anyone's list here.

And, do we know if there haven't already been other interviews or conversations? We don't. Well, Hamilton said earlier that they have.

You guys talking about Claude Julien should get that out of your heads. He's a disgusting coach who coaches a disgusting game - we're not going to want his style of hockey here.