The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

This is where I am as well.  I get that it's a huge decision for him to make, but the "there's not a better job, there's a different job" quote still bugs me.  I don't want a HC who feels "meh" on my team; I want a guy who comes out of his meeting with GMTM and the Pegulas like this:

http://youtu.be/VGBB929PFKc

Edit: huh -- not sure why that link won't embed.

If he ended up taking the Sabres job it will be all forgotten. I'm not sure that he'll be driving around a Sabres truck or getting a Sabres tattoo, but I'm sure he'll be all-in.

Much obliged, Liger.  Usually the abbreviated links are the ones that work... not sure why it didn't this time!

Your original link had =youtube at the end of the URL for some odd reason and that is why it wouldn't embed.  

As opposed to the sober, honest, efficient, fiscally conservative governments in NYS and Detroit?  Are you joking?  And is there anything whatsoever to suggest that Babcock gives a crap about those issues at all?

Man, you need to relax and put on your summer-chillin' hat, because it's not worth it to get all worked up over this kind of banality. 

I said "seem desirable", which is pretty far from endorsing the socio/political conditions here and in Michigan, although Michigan, as a state, is better off, IMHO, than either California or NY.

And since you're going to, once again, slam the "you don't know what he likes or thinks" card down forcibly upon the table, is there anything to suggest Babs "gives a crap" about scenic, sunset drives along the ocean?  I mean, as much as I insinuated he would care about the socio/political aspects of his chosen new digs, you keep insinuating the aesthetics of the teams locale matter.  Or, are neither of us insinuating anything and just offering our personal opinions, as if we were choosing for Babcock?

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

The fact that he is going to fly to San Jose says it all. He is not trying to up the ante from Buffalo because Terry will pay him anything. The pick is Detroit and it will only be another team if something comes out of the blue (like possibly the trip to San Jose).

Man, you need to relax and put on your summer-chillin' hat, because it's not worth it to get all worked up over this kind of banality. 

I said "seem desirable", which is pretty far from endorsing the socio/political conditions here and in Michigan, although Michigan, as a state, is better off, IMHO, than either California or NY.

And since you're going to, once again, slam the "you don't know what he likes or thinks" card down forcibly upon the table, is there anything to suggest Babs "gives a crap" about scenic, sunset drives along the ocean?  I mean, as much as I insinuated he would care about the socio/political aspects of his chosen new digs, you keep insinuating the aesthetics of the teams locale matter.  Or, are neither of us insinuating anything and just offering our personal opinions, as if we were choosing for Babcock?

Fair enough.  In retrospect my post sounded a bit more intense than I intended.

I will say that I find it borderline insane to think that any marginal difference between the sociopolitical scenes in NYS, CA and Detroit is substantial enough that it would make a difference in his thinking.  But you are right that this is a subjective view, as is my opinion on the positive aspects of Northern California.

@HeleneStJames: Per Mike Babcock, he and #RedWings general manager Ken Holland "are talking tomorrow."

According to shrader, nfreeman will read message board posts tomorrow.

You know, while they throwing around comments that equate to "the sky is blue", I figured I'd add some additional reporting to the mix.

There is one thing that keeps coming up in my mind..and it leads me to think he is probably staying in Detroit..with a SMALL chance of Toronto.

He is supposedly 'deciding' by Wed...yet does anyone know if his wife has been with him touring the area.

We have heard a ton (especially from Canadian Media) that is wife is very instrumental in making this decision. Babcock himself said in one interview they have had in depth discussions about it before he made his visit. With that in mind, I cannot think he will just 'decide' to come to Buffalo without having her spend at LEAST a day (maybe more) with him in that area..looking at neighborhoods, the arena itself..meeting the owners..etc.

For that reason I think he is staying in Detroit. The only reason I bring up Toronto is that it may be more likely she knows more about the city and the neighborhoods..but I still think it is leaning Detroit for the above reason of the timing.

Now, if anyone sees him and his wife here Today or Tomorrow, then maybe I'll change my mind.

As opposed to the popcorn in Buffalo and SJ?  Just WTF is your ###### problem?

Why else would he go to SJ? He can talk to them on the phone, but he has to try the popcorn fresh out of the popper. I betcha their butter is organic.

Edited by SumpfV

W/ Wednesday nearing, every time I see this thread at the top of the board I have a sense of hope/excitement that Babcock has announced his decision to coach Buffalo. 

Edited by GoPre