2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

The Blues would be unstoppable if they had one player on their team who was a pure goal scorer.

Like Vladimir Tarasenko? :p

I really wish the NHL would call interference.  I mean, at this point if a forward chips the puck past you, just level him.  That's basically legal apparently. 

It's beyond frustrating.

Tarasenko not good enough for you? I think they may simply have reached the stage of building that roster where Hitchcock's system is too limiting...or we could simply say their collection of #2 centers isn't a substitute for having a true #1. Or both.

The Hitchcock thing makes sense. His gimmick has always basically been Fat Ted Nolan, so maybe. But I still don't see a top six that has enough firepower.

The Wild are a legit contender and he's a big part of that.

I'll believe it when they actually win something. I remember when he was on another team that was a "legit contender".

Well, you made a long journey from Milan to Minsk, Rickard Rakell. You never stopped hoping; now you're in the Pinsk, Rickard Rakell. When the naysayers 'nay' you picked up your pace. You said nothing's going to stop me so get out of my face. I'm having adventures all over the place, Rickard Rakell!

Sorry, it's all I could think when I heard his name.

If Peery gets hurt, does Byfuglein get suspended? That hit just reminded me so much of Hunters hit, just lucky he was further from the boards.

Or, as some thought in the Suban hit,, do you think Perry was embellishing?

That hardly seemed like a big hit, doubt he is hurt.   Also very dumb move by byfuglien.

Also i think he should be suspended, sure the gravity of the "hit" was that big, but the action itself should be suspendable.

Edited by Heimdall

That hardly seemed like a big hit, doubt he is hurt.   Also very dumb move by byfuglien.

Also i think he should be suspended, sure the gravity of the "hit" was that big, but the action itself should be suspendable.

I thought there were "special" rules about infractions after a goal is scored, am I thinking of something else?

I thought there were "special" rules about infractions after a goal is scored, am I thinking of something else?

I don't know about special rules, but the Byfuglien play is not in the normal course of play, since the goal had been scored and the player was no longer expecting contact. I would much rather see suspensions and fines for this than a bad check/hit to the head during gameplay.

That wasn't hockey, it's a bar fight cheap shot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.