2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

No Martin Jones Tank?

That second line looks real fun to watch though, I think Ennis and Reinhart could really do some creative puck work together.

Not much of a fan of Martin Jones. I think he's just a product of the system and his numbers aren't that impressive this year.

I wouldn't trade for RoR, i'd just gamble we can have a shot at him when he becomes an UFA. 

If grigorenko and larsson take another step next year, we might hear RJ yelling again, "these kids are good , scary good" . :)

Edited by Heimdall

How is ROR going to get here, again?

Also, I wonder if Grigorenko is causing Murray to second guess his (Grigorenko's) future here. He keeps flashing more and more of his talent.

On ROR: probably via plane. :p More seriously: we've got plenty of ammo for a trade.

On Grigorenko: probably not. Mainly because Murray likely never made any decisions on him one way or the other. Only a select few around here ever gave up on him.

I'd still be fine if he's included in a trade.

On ROR: probably via plane. :P More seriously: we've got plenty of ammo for a trade.

On Grigorenko: probably not. Mainly because Murray likely never made any decisions on him one way or the other. Only a select few around here ever gave up on him.

I'd still be fine if he's included in a trade.

I recall many giving up on him, and only a select few were waiting it out.  That being said he still needs to improve though. 

Larsson is 23 and should be hitting his prime as an NHL'r now, Grigs is only 20 still.

Which direction would you go if it came down to Deslaurlers or Grigorenko? Who plays for your team?

Nic.  I know what I'm going to get.  He will always be a need on any team.  Grigs could be great or a bust.  Don't know.  If I have to decide today, I take the sure thing.  Hopefully, with Ennis, Reinhart, Girgs and McEichel, we'll have enough centers.

Grigorenko.  Deslaurierses, while nice, are cheaper to acquire.  Skill and high potential come at a premium.  Not ready to declare bust on Grigs yet.

The heart on their sleeve, 4th liner types are always available.  The last 6 seasons have shown us that skill centers are less so.

The heart on their sleeve, 4th liner types are always available.  The last 6 seasons have shown us that skill centers are less so.

"Skill center" is debatable.  I disagree that young, non-injury prone, can play d in a pinch, good fighter, sandpaper guys are a dime a dozen. The question was, decide today who you you would have in your line up tomorrow.  I take the bird in the hand. 

"Skill center" is debatable.  I disagree that young, non-injury prone, can play d in a pinch, good fighter, sandpaper guys are a dime a dozen. The question was, decide today who you you would have in your line up tomorrow.  I take the bird in the hand. 

Not a pro-tank guy, huh?   ;)

My roster prediction:

Kane          Girgensons      Ennis

Moulson     Grigerenko      Free Agent

Foligno       Reinhart          Gionta

Deslaurier  Larsson           McCormack

Risto      Bogosian

Hanifin   Pysyk (depending on health)

Weber    Free Agent

*Zadorov to the Amerks for the year.

This team is definitely not making the play-offs next season but is still much improved from the 2014-15 team. 

Changed my mind. Hanifin will still be in college next year and I forgot about Gorges

Kane          Girgensons      Ennis

Moulson     Grigerenko      Free Agent

Foligno       Reinhart          Gionta

Deslaurier  Larsson           McCormack

Risto      Bogosian

Gorges   Pysyk (depending on health)

Weber    Free Agent

*Zadorov to the Amerks for the year.

Can Zemgus move to wing? I see McEichel, Samson Grigorenko and Larsson as our centers. I would to see our second line Moulson, Reinhart, Zemgus.

Yes, Zemgus can play wing. IF the Sabres land McEichel then I would see him as a top 6 Center until Reinhart is ready. Then he moves to wing and stays in Top 6.

Edited by Crusader1969

Nic.  I know what I'm going to get.  He will always be a need on any team.  Grigs could be great or a bust.  Don't know.  If I have to decide today, I take the sure thing.  Hopefully, with Ennis, Reinhart, Girgs and McEichel, we'll have enough centers.

One point for Nic is, with all this talent, who the heck is going to protect them on the ice when it comes to that? Lot of tough decisions ahead, I'd say 

I don't want to start a thread for this but reading a WGR article they noted that Ristolainen has 9pts 4g, 5a in his last 11 games.  Next year you have to pencil him in for top line duties.  The kid just keeps improving.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Ristolainen-finishing-on-a-high-note/21333014 

One point for Nic is, with all this talent, who the heck is going to protect them on the ice when it comes to that? Lot of tough decisions ahead, I'd say 

They need to protect themselves.  

I don't want to start a thread for this but reading a WGR article they noted that Ristolainen has 9pts 4g, 5a in his last 11 games.  Next year you have to pencil him in for top line duties.  The kid just keeps improving.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Ristolainen-finishing-on-a-high-note/21333014 

They need to protect themselves.

No way in hell I want McEichel or Samson throwing em with Lucic, Shaw, or anyonenelse for that matter. The professional agitators will take liberties wo a policeman.

No way in hell I want McEichel or Samson throwing em with Lucic, Shaw, or anyonenelse for that matter. The professional agitators will take liberties wo a policeman.

Did I say they should fight Lucic? or agitators?  No, I said "they need to protect themselves."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.