Moulson Zemgus Grigorenko

Foligno Samson [FA Aquisition]

Noone Cares-About The4thLine

Bogosian-Risto

Gorges-[FA Aquisition]

Zadarov-[Pick-em from the prospects]

Somebody in net

Also Chad Johnson

Does that team finish in the wildcard race?

No. It probably finishes in the bottom 8.

Those pinheads traded Grigo for a 90 yo Jagr? Really?

Jagr's a free agent. Just sign him. I think it would be a brilliant move. He's still productive and played with great players (not to mention being a great one himself). I think it would bring the young guys along nicely. And Grigo probably stays.

Jagr's a free agent. Just sign him. I think it would be a brilliant move. He's still productive and played with great players (not to mention being a great one himself). I think it would bring the young guys along nicely. And Grigo probably stays.

The only thing i find annoying about grigorenko are his interviews.

"you know", they should work with him on the fact he uses it as expletive (hope this is the right word had to use google translate for it :P ) to much.

I am so happy we wrapped this up. Hopefully our centers are Eichel Girgensons Reinhart Grigorenko next year. I would like to see all 4 of them turn into to really good players for us.

Also now that we basically have Eichel I am more excited about Reinhart.

Maybe our version of Crosby/Malkin in a few years.

Maybe our version of Crosby/Malkin in a few years.

I think Grigorenko has the raw talent to have the Malkin role as well.  Shyte is gonna get real interesting.  There is going to be some serious competition for those center slots.

I think Grigorenko has the raw talent to have the Malkin role as well.  Shyte is gonna get real interesting.  There is going to be some serious competition for those center slots.

There already is.  I'm 100% open to keeping Larsson as our no.1 center to start next year just to see what he can do in a full NHL season.  Maybe these couple weeks were a fluke, or maybe he turns out to be a really good player for us (or a really good piece to trade).  Then Girgensons, and then you're down to two spots for Eichel, Reinhart, and Grigorenko.

With McEichel essential a lock to develop into a top 6 center, you're only asking for 1 of 3 top half of the first round center picks to develop into top 6 talent. I like those odds, especially with everything Lord Zemgus has already shown us.

There already is. I'm 100% open to keeping Larsson as our no.1 center to start next year just to see what he can do in a full NHL season. Maybe these couple weeks were a fluke, or maybe he turns out to be a really good player for us (or a really good piece to trade). Then Girgensons, and then you're down to two spots for Eichel, Reinhart, and Grigorenko.

I have no idea what to say to this. Larsson is a good prospect but is nowhere near the level of Reinhart and Eichel. He's not our #1 center going forward

Moulson-Lord Zemgus-Ennis will definitely be getting the most minutes for the start of the season if Nolan is still around.
Kane-McEichel-Gionta will start slightly below them in minutes, but eventually over take them.

Either way, we'll at least score 200 goals next season, and while that's not good enough, it's going to seem like the team is scoring all the time because we all have battered fan syndrome.

So many options now that McEichel is in the bag. Does Grigo move to wing? Is Grigo moved for a RW? Does Reinhart start in Rochester?

Gat dam it is nice to be flush with centers again.

I'm still all aboard the trade for O'Reilly train. That and getting a top-4 LHD are my top priorities. I know we really need a RW, but I think if O'Reilly is available, he's too good and versatile to pass up.

Kane-McEichel-Ennis

Moulson-O'Reilly-Reinhart

Larsson-Girgensons-Gionta

Foligno-McCormick-Deslauriers

Sekera-Ristolainen

Zadorov-Bogosian

XXX-Pysyk (hoping he's healthy)

I'm assuming we trade Grigorenko, NYI 1st and maybe McCabe for O'Reilly. I'm also hoping Zadorov shows significant growth or else we have another hole on that left side. As far as goaltending goes, Niemi is probably still my target at the right price, but I'm open to other options. I don't know if that's a playoff team, but it can definitely flirt with a spot and be a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

So many options now that McEichel is in the bag.  Does Grigo move to wing?  Is Grigo moved for a RW?  Does Reinhart start in Rochester?

Gat dam it is nice to be flush with centers again.

2006-2007 was a long time ago.  And I honestly can't remember the Sabres having this much promise long term.

I'm still all aboard the trade for O'Reilly train. That and getting a top-4 LHD are my top priorities. I know we really need a RW, but I think if O'Reilly is available, he's too good and versatile to pass up.

Kane-McEichel-Ennis

Moulson-O'Reilly-Reinhart

Larsson-Girgensons-Gionta

Foligno-McCormick-Deslauriers

Sekera-Ristolainen

Zadorov-Bogosian

XXX-Pysyk (hoping he's healthy)

I'm assuming we trade Grigorenko, NYI 1st and maybe McCabe for O'Reilly. I'm also hoping Zadorov shows significant growth or else we have another hole on that left side. As far as goaltending goes, Niemi is probably still my target at the right price, but I'm open to other options. I don't know if that's a playoff team, but it can definitely flirt with a spot and be a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

Gorges can at least be next to Pysyk there right?

I don't feel like we need O'Reilly any more.  We have a full contingent of centers, including at least one capable of playing the role O'Reilly is best at.

Larsson and/or Girgensens can fill the O'Reilly role.  Grigo, McEichel and Reinhart can vie for the two primary scoring center roles.  Whoever is left over moves to wing or Rochester.

Too bad none of those centers are naturally suited to the right side.  We still need RW's.

I don't feel like we need O'Reilly any more.  We have a full contingent of centers, including at least one capable of playing the role O'Reilly is best at.

Larsson and/or Girgensens can fill the O'Reilly role.  Grigo, McEichel and Reinhart can vie for the two primary scoring center roles.  Whoever is left over moves to wing or Rochester.

Too bad none of those centers are naturally suited to the right side.  We still need RW's.

I agree. I would put Grigorenko on the wing because his size and his shot would work wonders there.  Reinhart and Grigorenko could be something special. 

No. It probably finishes in the bottom 8.

Agreed - next year is the stepping stone. 75-85 points would be a great season for such a young team. 2016-17 season play-offs here we come. 

I hate line-ups that move Reinhart to the wing. I could see Girgensons moving to wing and being Dustin Brown 2.0.

If the Islanders go out in the 1st round - you better be sure you can sign O'Reilly to an extension. Giving up the 15-20th pick in this years draft plus another prospect for a 1 and done player seems like a steep price to pay.

Pysyks's health is a huge factor for this team (and for him obviously) next year - If healthy he will slot nicely into the 2nd pair D. I honestly could see Zadorov in the AHL for a year playing the #1 D role for the team. I could even see Reinhart in the AHL to start the season. Though if Reinhart plays like he did in the WJC he could pressure Eichel for the #1 Center spot.

Bottom Line - congrats to all Tankers and to all non-tankers - you are welcome cause you are about to be treated to the best decade in Sabres history.

I agree. I would put Grigorenko on the wing because his size and his shot would work wonders there.  Reinhart and Grigorenko could be something special. 

I don't know that they would make a good pairing.  Grigo is a guy who works well in space and Reinhart is a set up guy.  I'd rather one was paired with Larsson and the other a player like Girgensens.  Would make more complimentary pairs IMO.

Agreed - next year is the stepping stone. 75-85 points would be a great season for such a young team. 2016-17 season play-offs here we come. 

I hate line-ups that move Reinhart to the wing. I could see Girgensons moving to wing and being Dustin Brown 2.0.

If the Islanders go out in the 1st round - you better be sure you can sign O'Reilly to an extension. Giving up the 15-20th pick in this years draft plus another prospect for a 1 and done player seems like a steep price to pay.

Pysyks's health is a huge factor for this team (and for him obviously) next year - If healthy he will slot nicely into the 2nd pair D. I honestly could see Zadorov in the AHL for a year playing the #1 D role for the team. I could even see Reinhart in the AHL to start the season. Though if Reinhart plays like he did in the WJC he could pressure Eichel for the #1 Center spot.

Bottom Line - congrats to all Tankers and to all non-tankers - you are welcome cause you are about to be treated to the best decade in Sabres history.

I remember an era when the best coach in hockey came to Buffalo and drafted a ton of 1st round players.  They have alot to prove to me.

I don't feel like we need O'Reilly any more. We have a full contingent of centers, including at least one capable of playing the role O'Reilly is best at.

Larsson and/or Girgensens can fill the O'Reilly role. Grigo, McEichel and Reinhart can vie for the two primary scoring center roles. Whoever is left over moves to wing or Rochester.

Too bad none of those centers are naturally suited to the right side. We still need RW's.

O'Reilly has been on the wing since they drafted MacKinnon, as far as I know, and is solidly a top-6 player (probably first liner at that) on a good team. I don't think the existence of Girgensons and Larsson should preclude adding O'Reilly when he's simply better than they are and all three have center/wing versatility. I get the need to add a RW, but I'm not sure any of O'Reilly's caliber are going to be available (mourn capgeek), so I'll take the better player and move things around.

I'm simply not ready to pencil in Larsson or Girgensons into the top-6 when we're trying to win games and build a championship team. If they develop into that role then fantastic, we have top-6 caliber players on our 3rd line. That would be one hell of a dominant group of forwards and/or excellent trade bait for a defenseman if Zadorov doesn't work out or Pysyk's health is more serious than we know.

Edit: real hockey talk!!!

Edited by TrueBluePhD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.