2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Top 9 forwards - Ennis, Moulson, Hodgson, Kane, Reinhart, McEichel, Gionta, Girgensons & Veteran FA(Ward, Frolik, Jagr or Williams)

4th line and 2 spares - Kaleta, Deslauriers, Foligno, Larsson, & NHL minimum Vet FA(preferably a center to replace McCormick and the role he played)

Foligno and Larsson are swing forwards between 3rd and 4th lines if injuries occur in top 9

Top 4 blueliners - Risto, Gorges, Bogo & Pysyk

5-6-7 blueliners - Weber, Vet FA(Beauchemin, Oduya or Salvador) & Zadorov

Starting Goalie - Niemi, Dubnyk or Hammond

Backup Goalie - Johnson 

Top 9 forwards - Ennis, Moulson, Hodgson, Kane, Reinhart, McEichel, Gionta, Girgensons & Veteran FA(Ward, Frolik, Jagr or Williams)

4th line and 2 spares - Kaleta, Deslauriers, Foligno, Larsson, & NHL minimum Vet FA(preferably a center to replace McCormick and the role he played)

Foligno and Larsson are swing forwards between 3rd and 4th lines if injuries occur in top 9

Top 4 blueliners - Risto, Gorges, Bogo & Pysyk

5-6-7 blueliners - Weber, Vet FA(Beauchemin, Oduya or Salvador) & Zadorov

Starting Goalie - Niemi, Dubnyk or Hammond

Backup Goalie - Johnson 

Kaleta played his last game of as a Sabre last night.

I think TMGM will go after Lehner to play goal, with the emergence of Hammond and Anderson under contract he should be available. Either that or Jones from L.A. are my guesses.

The list of potential goalies is endless...

Robin Lehner (OTT), Martin Jones (LA), Cam Talbot (NYR), Antti Niemi (SJS-UFA), our retreads (Lindback, Neuvirth), Matt O'Connor (BU-UFA), Jonathan Bernier and James Reimer of TOR, Eddie Lack (VAN)... That position will be interesting.

I'd count on this:

* Girgensons, Ennis, Foligno, Moulson and Gionta are regulars who will be back and playing in the top nine.

* They will be joined by Evander Kane, who will be counted on to be a first-line, all-situations player

* Nick Deslauriers will be a role player up front, as will Cody McCormick if his health permits

* Girgorenko and Larsson now have to clear waivers, so will be with the big club unless they are traded.

* If we get a McEichel he will be playing regularly in the top nine. Sam Reinhart will be given every chance to join him.

* Cody Hodgson is under contract. His future is an open question

* Tim Murray will either make a big trade for a younger proven forward, or will sign a dependable veteran free agent to shield the kids in the top nine — likely a centre or a right wing

I'm not suggesting these will be the lines, but you could see a starting depth chart like this:

Kane                 McEichel         Ennis

Moulson           Girgensons      (open spot)        

Foligno             Reinhart          Gionta

Deslauriers       Larsson          McCormick

* Grigorenko and Hodgson will be battling with Larsson and Reinhart for the open spot in the top six if they aren't traded, or a free agent isn't acquired. Reinhart is the only one who can safely be sent to the minors.

* Girgensons and Larsson can easily be moved to the wing. Moving Reinhart, McEichel or Grigorenko to the wing may also be considered

I think you have the majority correct.

Keepers: Kane, Moulson,Foligno,Girgensons,Ennis,Gionta 

Probables: Deslauriers, Larsson, McCormick

Questionables: Reinhart, McEichel, Grigorenko

Who knows: Hodgson, Kaleta, D'Amigo,Dalpe

I expect more deals from Murray, but I hope he breaks the habit of overpaying. He paid too much in trades with LA and Winnipeg IMO.

What are some complete out of nowhere names people are thinking of?

TJ Oshie has been mentioned but seems highly unlikely. That'd be a fun name to watch.

Tyler Toffoli is a hot RFA name that a lot here have mentioned.

Philly is loaded offensively, but will they use a guy like Simmonds, Couturier or Schenn to fill some holes?

Carl Hagelin of the Rangers is also an RFA and maybe could succeed in an increased role (especially if Ennis is elsewhere)

Chances are SOMEBODY none of us thought about will shake loose and we'll be interested.

TJ Oshie has been mentioned but seems highly unlikely. That'd be a fun name to watch.

Philly is loaded offensively, but will they use a guy like Simmonds, Couturier or Schenn to fill some holes?

Carl Hagelin of the Rangers is also an RFA and maybe could succeed in an increased role (especially if Ennis is elsewhere)

Chances are SOMEBODY none of us thought about will shake loose and we'll be interested.

I'd get a good chuckle out of landing Couturier if a C wasn't part of the package going back. If that were the case they could ice a lineup with 6 more or less legit top 3 C's, a 4th line C, and 2 fill in in a pinch C's. Quite a change from recent opening day rosters.

(And preemptively, to whoever thinks I'd expect that in ANY way had a legit chance at happening, noooo.)

I wouldn't say out of nowhere since Toronto is blowing it up, but, I'd love to make a run at van Riemsdyk if O'Reilly doesn't happen.

I'd get a good chuckle out of landing Couturier if a C wasn't part of the package going back. If that were the case they could ice a lineup with 6 more or less legit top 3 C's, a 4th line C, and 2 fill in in a pinch C's. Quite a change from recent opening day rosters.

(And preemptively, to whoever thinks I'd expect that in ANY way had a legit chance at happening, noooo.)

McCabe's 2nd concussion of the year yesterday and Pysyk's mystery ailment are limiting our options for trades though.  Our depth on D suddenly seems a little thin.

McCabe's 2nd concussion of the year yesterday and Pysyk's mystery ailment are limiting our options for trades though.  Our depth on D suddenly seems a little thin.

I fully expect at least 1 top 4 D-man brought in and then either Pysyk or another guy brought in to round out the 7.

All of a sudden a Sekera/Green/whoever else is available signing seems guaranteed.

IMHO, it was essentially guaranteed for this season as soon as Mezsaros and Benoit became "Messy Balls." Way too much cap space to not at least try to fill holes on D. They're adding 2 top liners on O & Girgensons. They'll upgrade G almost assuredly. Doesn't make sense to not upgrade the D too. (Be interesting to see what other upgrades on F are still in the works, though I'm pretty happy w/ what we'll already get up there.)

I expect Grigorenko, Zadorov and Reinhart will all start in Rochester. I am curious now if Murray who has shown the world he is the best tanker, does he know how to build a winner? Those three with 40 games in Rochester may very well develop properly. Let's hope.

Grigorenko can't go to Ra-cha-cha. There are KHL concerns w/ dropping Zadorov to the A.

IMHO, it was essentially guaranteed for this season as soon as Mezsaros and Benoit became "Messy Balls." Way too much cap space to not at least try to fill holes on D. They're adding 2 top liners on O & Girgensons. They'll upgrade G almost assuredly. Doesn't make sense to not upgrade the D too. (Be interesting to see what other upgrades on F are still in the works, though I'm pretty happy w/ what we'll already get up there.)

Grigorenko can't go to Ra-cha-cha. There are KHL concerns w/ dropping Zadorov to the A.

Why can't Grigorenko go back? The morning hockey hotline guys baker and Sylvester said (I think) that both could and it would be good for them.

Why can't Grigorenko go back? The morning hockey hotline guys baker and Sylvester said (I think) that both could and it would be good for them.

They were referring to Grigs and Larsson going back for the remaining Amerks games this year.  Next year they both would have to pass through waivers (which has to do with when their pro contracts kicked in).

Grigorenko would need to be waived to go back. He's not clearing waivers.

(Starting next year. He can be sent down for the last few games this year)

Edited by Hoss

Grigorenko would need to be waived to go back. He's not clearing waivers.

(Starting next year. He can be sent down for the last few games this year)

I heard that Grigorenko went back to Rochester today. What does that mean next season if he is not ready for NHL and needs more development at the minor level we have to waive him first? That makes no sense. I believe you it is just hard to understand. Edited by Chris in Syracuse

I heard that Grigorenko went back to Rochester today. What does that mean next season if he is not ready for NHL and needs more development at the minor level we have to waive him first? That makes no sense. I believe you it is just hard to understand.

It makes complete sense from a union perspective -- if another team wants to give him an NHL opportunity that his current one won't then he deserves a shot.

Players are only exempt from the waiver process for a certain time. Grigorenko's exemption will expire this offseason and he will now be waiver-eligible for the rest of his career.

Edited by Hoss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.