GDT Coyotes at Sabres 3-26-2015 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Keep in mind that if Arizona and Edmonton win enough and we clinch the 30th, everyone, tankers or not, can start rooting for the Sabres to win again. It'd be really nice to be able do that.

But until then.

QGRwWZN.gif

This is what I've been thinking for a while. The first game after the clinch (if it happens) I will be going all out and screaming for the team to win.

Could be it was the only way to get out of the broadcast since it would have been impossible for him not to want the Sabes to win  :P

would be a better story if it was Razor he got into with, as for free drinks, he would have to had been a real high roller to get comp on drinks, latest update he bit a cop, now that's a no-no ,no matter who you are

Edited by rumblefish

Just was reading a thn article saying the yotes need to lose more than the sabres, so they can get Mcdavid and save their franchise. This is what I don't get. Why would the league want to send a generational talent to a budget team that is failing and might be on the move. When he could go to the sabres, play close to his hometown, and for a billionaire who is willing to do whatever it takes to win a cup.

Just was reading a thn article saying the yotes need to lose more than the sabres, so they can get Mcdavid and save their franchise. This is what I don't get. Why would the league want to send a generational talent to a budget team that is failing and might be on the move. When he could go to the sabres, play close to his hometown, and for a billionaire who is willing to do whatever it takes to win a cup.

Besides the NHL isn't "sending" anyone anywhere, Pittsburgh was in pretty dire straights before Crosby showed up. I think they were the perennial "where are they going to move?" candidates.

I like this post.

In my perfect world, we finish 7-2, led by Grigorenko and Larsson, win the lottery and we all have to apologize to JJ when a teddy gets them off to a 23-14 start next fall.

No sarcasm, in case anyone is wondering.

I think I was! Thanks for the light hearted-ness, we should be able to have fun through this!

Besides the NHL isn't "sending" anyone anywhere, Pittsburgh was in pretty dire straights before Crosby showed up. I think they were the perennial "where are they going to move?" candidates.

IMO if the league was "sending" players where they wanted this year. Sabres would get Mcdavid for obvious reasons. Yotes would get Eichel because he is big body to build around, plus you get the American kid in a American city for the fans. Oilers would get Hanifin well because they need defense. Now the reason I would say the leafs would get Strome is because why put Mcdavid in that level of dysfunction. But it's probably just wishful thinking.

What scenario would frustrate you the most tonight? Mine would be Zac Dalpe scoring in a 1-0 "win" as Hackett gets the shutout while we're out shot 43-14.

Down by 1 with under a minute left, the Sabres pull Hackett and score.  On the faceoff, Matt Ellis pressures the Coyotes' D-man, who then falls, creating a 2-on-1 with Ellis and Hodgson.  Cody goes top shelf for the shocking, come-from-behind regulation win.

Edited by carpandean

Eh he flips from pro-tank to "we should never have done this" a ton, I wouldn't worry about it .

From day one I have not liked the idea of tanking. Since this is the direction that the team has gone I am not foolish enough to realize that anything short of finishing DFL would be a complete waste.

So please don't say I flip flop. I would have much rather gone about it differently. We didn't so let's at least maximize the return on the decision to go for top picks.

I love lurking here, I don't have a ton to offer at most times, many of my ideas have been rehashed over and over again and I don't need to build that flame bigger. I will be on call and at the hospital this evening and I will not watch the game, I will However check on here for updates and laughs!!! I may actually miss some of the bickering and arguing if we lock this up..... But then again, we will always find something to argue about, it's the f#xking SabreSpace wine mixer!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.