GDT Coyotes at Sabres 3-26-2015 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

this may be the largest viewed game of the year. don't need to state my opinion on outcome, shoot that's well known, just drop the puck, play the game. and when the smoke clears, let the ranting begin

If this was the last game of the year and it ALL came down to losing in order to get McDavid (guaranteed McDavid), would you still want Sabres to win? Last time I will ever approach the subject again but I have to know.....

I have a fear that Grigorenko will turn into a scoring machine tonight :P

I had the same thought.

If this was the last game of the year and it ALL came down to losing in order to get McDavid (guaranteed McDavid), would you still want Sabres to win? Last time I will ever approach the subject again but I have to know.....

Rationally, there's only one way to look at it.

Emotionally, we'll see when the game starts, but I'm betting I'll be pretty much the same as i have been all year.

I cheer every Sabres goal, then immediately have second thoughts. It's the reverse when the other team scores.

It's like every game has a silver lining.

Edited by dudacek

you ask the question, yet you know the answer, a leopard never changes his spots , hope this will be the last time I need to address

this, but I truly doubt it

I've loved this team since the first skate hit the Aud ice.  And while these last few years have been hard to endure, I take a look at the big picture and see better things ahead.

I'll be at the game tonight and I will cheer for this team as I always have. But, for the first time ever, I will be just as happy if they lose.

LET'S GO BUFFALO

McEichel or no McEichel tonight will mark the low point in team history when an arena full of Sabres will be rooting for the other team to win.

We have come this far and, obviously, need to see it through but this entire two years of blatant tanking has been rotten to the core.

IMO, the two worse decisions in team history were Pegula listening and accepting DR's "suffering" plan and then the second was hiring Murray and making him continue with the plan.

Had Pegula put forth the effort to hire quality coaches, wine and dine free agents, and make a general conscious effort to be a proud franchise like he is with his football team this pathetic game would be a blip on the radar. Instead, we all will be rooting against our team. Sad day to say the least. Glad you are living and learning at the expense of all of us Sabres fans Terry. I pray to God this "plan" works out.

Yep that whole heroic race to 8th and picking in the teens a few years back really got us far! 

I will be at home rooting for a loss.  I just hope at the last home game this year this nightmare is locked up and we can cheer the players on to win the game!

Go Yotes finish us off!

Done with it? Yeah, until we wake up for many years drenched in sweat, little devil faces coming toward us, then retreating, coming back, feeling like fire ants are on our ballsacks. A price has to be paid for this, even if it's living with, "You tanked for McDavid. Nice Cup, douchenozzles." That is, the same treatment most of us give the Pens.

I don't think they care. We won't either. I know I won't.

Yep, 99% of fans will not care. It certainly won't be reported in the media from that angle.  Stars fans got their Cup so their fans and the rest of the league don't care about no goal.  Heck even the Pats* in two much more high profile cases of actual alleged cheating pretty much get a pass from most fans outside of NY and Buffalo, and as time marches on they will simply be remembered as a dynasty with little to no mention of the scandals.  Just win, baby.

"Generational" players only come along - well, once in a generation - and the only way to get them is to finish dead last. You can't trade for them and you can't draft them otherwise.

Lose to the Coyotes tonight and the Sabres join the elite in a couple of years for at least 10 seasons and multiple Cups after that.

"Generational" players only come along - well, once in a generation - and the only way to get them is to finish dead last. You can't trade for them and you can't draft them otherwise.

Lose to the Coyotes tonight and the Sabres join the elite in a couple of years for at least 10 seasons and multiple Cups after that.

I think you're overstating things, but I generally agree. It'll put the Sabres into contender but the Pitts show that they might only get one cup. :)

Had Pegula put forth the effort to hire quality coaches, wine and dine free agents, and make a general conscious effort to be a proud franchise like he is with his football team this pathetic game would be a blip on the radar. Instead, we all will be rooting against our team. Sad day to say the least. Glad you are living and learning at the expense of all of us Sabres fans Terry. I pray to God this "plan" works out.

Apples and oranges.  The state of the Bills was much, much different than the state of the Sabres.  I was with you for a long time but at this point we are where we are and the Sabres are past the point of no return.

I really don't get how people don't understand this. It's like giving a kid a 5 dollar bill. He could go blow the 5 bucks on some cheap toy and be happy for the moment, or he could put that money in a piggy bank and save for an Xbox that will make him happy for years.

Yep, 99% of fans will not care. It certainly won't be reported in the media from that angle.  Stars fans got their Cup so their fans and the rest of the league don't care about no goal.  Heck even the Pats* in two much more high profile cases of actual alleged cheating pretty much get a pass from most fans outside of NY and Buffalo, and as time marches on they will simply be remembered as a dynasty with little to no mention of the scandals.  Just win, baby.

fixed

I really don't get how people don't understand this. It's like giving a kid a 5 dollar bill. He could go blow the 5 bucks on some cheap toy and be happy for the moment, or he could put that money in a piggy bank and save for an Xbox that will make him happy for years.

Again, it's the marshmallow experiment.

It's getting pretty heated for tonight. 

Edited by MBHockey13

Again, it's the marshmallow experiment.

It's getting pretty heated for tonight. 

Again, it's not. You had a 100% chance of getting a second marshmallow. Also, there were no other methods of obtaining a second marshmallow that were an option.

teehee.

Zane leaves One Direction and you guys still care about a matchup of the 2 worst hockey teams in half a century?

At least he did it for a good cause...

Game wise: Arizona is actually better on the road than at home; only 2 games better (10-23-5 Home, 12-21-3 Away). Just came off a road win in Detroit as well

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.