GDT Coyotes at Sabres 3-26-2015 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

From day one I have not liked the idea of tanking. Since this is the direction that the team has gone I am not foolish enough to realize that anything short of finishing DFL would be a complete waste.

So please don't say I flip flop. I would have much rather gone about it differently. We didn't so let's at least maximize the return on the decision to go for top picks.

Okay, so you did start out as anti-tank, but you certainly haven't come to terms with it. One GDT you're the patron saint of tanking and the thread is 8 pages long of you arguing that we should be cheering in here for losses. And now when it would seem we should do that the most, you post how bad Pegula is for hiring Murray and "continuing the plan". 

There are plenty of posters on here who didn't want a tank to start with, but have come to grips with it and found a sort of deranged humor/fun in rooting for the losses. They may lament the tank occasionally, and rue that we ever began it, wish is completely fine, but they're not launching into soliloquies of each extreme every other week. I really don't care what side you take, if there are even sides to this thing, but it's frustrating to see "we should lose all the games!" one day and "we should never have started losing all the games!" the next.

Edited by WildComrade

Down by 1 with under a minute left, the Sabres pull Hackett and score.  On the faceoff, Matt Ellis pressures the Coyotes' D-man, who then falls, creating a 2-on-1 with Ellis and Hodgson.  Cody goes top shelf for the shocking, come-from-behind regulation win.

Let's try to keep them out of the realm of fantasy, There's no way Cy Hgsn is on the ice in the 3rd; he gets his 7 minutes in the first two periods.

Okay, so you did start out as anti-tank, but you certainly haven't come to terms with it. One GDT you're the patron saint of tanking and the thread is 8 pages long of you arguing that we should be cheering in here for losses. And now when it would seem we should do that the most, you post how bad Pegula is for hiring Murray and "continuing the plan". 

There are plenty of posters on here who didn't want a tank to start with, but have come to grips with it and found a sort of deranged humor/fun in rooting for the losses. They may lament the tank occasionally, and rue that we ever began it, wish is completely fine, but they're not launching into soliloquies of each extreme every other week. I really don't care what side you take, if there are even sides to this thing, but it's frustrating to see "we should lose all the games!" one day and "we should never have started losing all the games!" the next.

Plus, no matter what side he's on that week, he's the one that's morally right.   :huh:

The point I was making in my original post is no matter how you spin it this is a sad day in Sabres history. Now it seems you want to give me crap over every post I make. I don't pay enough attention to yours or anyone else's for that matter to remember exactly how everyone has felt during the 2+ years of this shitshow.

I can tell you TODAY I want the Sabres to lose. Do I need to again state the obvious as to why??? I will also AGAIN state that, given MY preference we wouldn't be in this position in the first place. So since you are so concerned with my posts and feelings I hope that clears it up.

It sure as hell would be nice to post in here once in awhile without having to constantly defend every freaking thing you say. Get over yourselves guys. Christ - I don't agree with every post you make and I sure as hell don't critique every one of them.

Let's try to keep them out of the realm of fantasy, There's no way Cy Hgsn is on the ice in the 3rd; he gets his 7 minutes in the first two periods.

Nolan was rewarding him for showing up early by trying to get him the hat trick.  Did I mention the hat trick?  Yeah, he got one.

Edited by carpandean

Down by 1 with under a minute left, the Sabres pull Hackett and score.  On the faceoff, Matt Ellis pressures the Coyotes' D-man, who then falls, creating a 2-on-1 with Ellis and Hodgson.  Cody goes top shelf for the shocking, come-from-behind regulation win.

:w00t: 

The details... haunting.

The point I was making in my original post is no matter how you spin it this is a sad day in Sabres history. Now it seems you want to give me crap over every post I make. I don't pay enough attention to yours or anyone else's for that matter to remember exactly how everyone has felt during the 2+ years of this shitshow.

I can tell you TODAY I want the Sabres to lose. Do I need to again state the obvious as to why??? I will also AGAIN state that, given MY preference we wouldn't be in this position in the first place. So since you are so concerned with my posts and feelings I hope that clears it up.

It sure as hell would be nice to post in here once in awhile without having to constantly defend every freaking thing you say. Get over yourselves guys. Christ - I don't agree with every post you make and I sure as hell don't critique every one of them.

yea in everyone's defense though you did make a typical negative anti-tank post as soon as the topic was made.  Its old, a lot of us our looking forward to this game, everyone should stop the pathetic negativity.  

Plus, no matter what side he's on that week, he's the one that's morally right. :huh:

What?? Morally right? You happy that we are the worse team in hockey two years running? You happy that 16 teams will be competing for the Cup and 2 are competing for a draft pick? Big picture this sucks. How can that be debated?

Eh whatever. Post what you want to post sicknfla, I'm really not trying to tear down every one of your posts. I just get sick of how intensely it's either this or that with you. We get it, you didn't want to start tanking, but then why crusade about how we should all root to lose and we're "fools" if we don't and then come here and have a big post talking about how we were fools to start? Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems you're always trying to ruffle someone's feathers, and this time I fell for it. If that's not the case I apologize

Edit: How often do I critique/attack anyone on here? I don't make things personal

Edited by WildComrade

And what are the other 12 doing?

Well most of them are playing meaningful games right now trying to get into the playoffs. Their fans are going to the games rooting for their team. Fans at home are not cheering when the other team scores. Yeah that is hockey purgatory.

Shame on those other 12 that they will never have a chance to win a Cup because they don't have McEichel. The more I read what Anna has to say the more i kind of get where she is coming from.

What?? Morally right? You happy that we are the worse team in hockey two years running? You happy that 16 teams will be competing for the Cup and 2 are competing for a draft pick? Big picture this sucks. How can that be debated?

Big picture this is awesome, at least for those of us who have been on board with the philosophy from day one.  We wanted them to tank and thus far they have executed that plan beautifully, how could we not be happy with it? 

Eh whatever. Post what you want to post sicknfla, I'm really not trying to tear down every one of your posts. I just get sick of how intensely it's either this or that with you. We get it, you didn't want to start tanking, but then why crusade about how we should all root to lose and we're "fools" if we don't and then come here and have a big post talking about how we were fools to start? Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems you're always trying to ruffle someone's feathers, and this time I fell for it. If that's not the case I apologize

Ruffling feathers around here is pretty easy because a handful of you feel the need to critique or put down everyone else's post. I don't get how my OP was ruffling feathers. More just how I feel about how sad it is that we are in this position. If that offended you... Sorry.

You guys all enjoy this GDT. It is a big game. I am bailing out. Don't want to take anything away from this historic game.

I'm just glad that in 8 games or so the tank will be over and icing a team with intent to lose will not be the agenda of the front office any longer. Hopefully that will put an end to the bickering here. I know my post count is low but I've been lurking here full-time since 2010ish. The past month or so I haven't been here much because the pro/anti tank back and forth has become tiring and two seasons of watching buttshitturdpoop hockey has worn me out.

I have faith in the team bottoming out and I'm interested to see how we do in free agency/trades this off-season (I think GMTM will deal our other 1st round pick). Tonight is the first game I have interest in watching for a long time but I've got a beer-league game so I'll be missing out.

Go Sabres. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.