GDT: Buffalo @ Toronto: 7:0 pm EST

WildCard

I haven't read this whole thread, but is it safe to say that there was plenty of attention given to how sloppy and out of synch the Leafs were?  They looked terrible for most of the game.

Yeah, that was mentioned.

Tyler Ennis really likes Ted. It's so obvious. I bet a lot of the players do. We don't get any of the classic Lindy Ruff excuses from them anymore. The culture really has changed. And now people want to can the man who built it.

They'll love Babcock just fine.

Knowing that the team was stripping away the last vestiges of the old core while waiting for prospects to mature, we all had to adjust our expectations. Some who would have been content with progress from the young guys and flashes from the farm hands feel betrayed when those flashes come more frequently in the waning moments of the season when they may have come earlier. Those that desired a palatable on ice product were betrayed from the outset. Frustration boils over. But to think that anything but talent will change the long term outlook of the franchise is a strawman at best. I don't blame TM or TN for the situation. I accept it for what it is. I won't demonize or martyr either. The purge is done. The build is under way. Only time will tell if it was successful. I for one think we will have the talent to be a consistently contending team in the near future. I also believe you build a winning culture by winning. A lot.

Great post. The winning will come. In the meantime you build character through perseverance, hard work and a never say die attitude. It'll take a whole lot of team building and guys circling the wagons around the guys in that room to build a brotherhood that will go to war for each other through the good and bad. You see it now with the guys sticking up for each other. The next few years are going to be an exciting time for sure.  

Don't forget -- the teams from 2007 to the start of the Tank era also miraculously showed signs of life late in the season. Then immediately went back to being terrible at the start of next season.

That said, are we finally seeing Larsson hit his potential? He was really good tonight and he's improved right along this season when given the chance. I'd be happy to give him a full NHL year next season to see if we're finally getting the guy we thought we were trading for.

I always wondered how much of that late season miracle run business was Lindy.

I think it's cool that Larsson looks good. Maybe he's ready. Consistency will be the next step if GMTM keeps him around.

Amazing what can happen when given heavy minutes on a line with offensive talent.

Amazing what happens when you make a player earn his minutes.

I think it's cool that Larsson looks good. Maybe he's ready. Consistency will be the next step if GMTM keeps him around.

larsson is hurting the tank, we need to send him back down again and call up JST to play first line minutes.

your move now edmonton :p

Knowing that the team was stripping away the last vestiges of the old core while waiting for prospects to mature, we all had to adjust our expectations. Some who would have been content with progress from the young guys and flashes from the farm hands feel betrayed when those flashes come more frequently in the waning moments of the season when they may have come earlier. Those that desired a palatable on ice product were betrayed from the outset. Frustration boils over. But to think that anything but talent will change the long term outlook of the franchise is a strawman at best. I don't blame TM or TN for the situation. I accept it for what it is. I won't demonize or martyr either. The purge is done. The build is under way. Only time will tell if it was successful. I for one think we will have the talent to be a consistently contending team in the near future. I also believe you build a winning culture by winning. A lot.

I for one believe, Mceichel or not, we already have that talent, but landing #1 or #2 in the draft will speed that up by atleast a year for sure.

Edited by Heimdall

larsson is hurting the tank, we need to send him back down again and call up JST to play first line minutes.

your move now edmonton :P

I for one believe, Mceichel or not, we already have that talent, but landing #1 or #2 in the draft will speed that up by atleast a year for sure.

I agree to a point. How long we have to wait for it to impact this teams fortunes will be directly affected by draft position.

Is there anything you do like? Bunnies? Unicorns? Dragons? 

giphy.gif

After bashing Ted's mistakes for two days straight, time to give him some credit for what he has done well.

Maybe making Larsson keep his mouth shut, put in his time and challenging him to do something when his opportunity finally presented itself had something to do with the game he just played. Just maybe he pushed the right buttons with this guy.

Watching the horrible, disorganized, can't-wait-for-the-season-to-be-over effort put in by the Leafs tonight, just reinforces what a great job Teddy has done keeping this squad together. We are bad, but we don't quit and we still seem to care about each other.

That is all on on Nolan. No maybe about it.

Ted has definitely held the room together and made them have of all for one and one for all mentality.

So we go all year with many on here hoping we finish dead last, all while Murray does his best to remove any chance of success whatsoever. Here we are with a month left of the season and now people are calling for Nolan's head because he hasn't made the right decisions to make this team better. 

Inaccurate. Everyone knows that Nolan has a limited roster. The question is really whether or not he's the man to build tomorrows roster. 

Tyler Ennis really likes Ted. It's so obvious. I bet a lot of the players do. We don't get any of the classic Lindy Ruff excuses from them anymore. The culture really has changed. And now people want to can the man who built it.

I agree that the culture has definitely changed.

A few observations from last night (pardon me if anyone else posted similar things, I just skipped to the last page)

• Zadorav looked like he was just coasting for large portions of this game.

• Risto has a calm presence and doesn't seem to ever get too flustered

• Ennis is one of if not the hardest working forward on this team (Zemgus is out now so he doesn't count)

• Weber was quietly our best defenseman last night until that delay of game penalty

• I can't wait for guys like D'Amigo and Mez to be gone.  

I agree that the culture has definitely changed.

A few observations from last night (pardon me if anyone else posted similar things, I just skipped to the last page)

• Zadorav looked like he was just coasting for large portions of this game.

• Risto has a calm presence and doesn't seem to ever get too flustered

• Ennis is one of if not the hardest working forward on this team (Zemgus is out now so he doesn't count)

• Weber was quietly our best defenseman last night until that delay of game penalty

• I can't wait for guys like D'Amigo and Mez to be gone.

I think Zadorov has struggled with being pulled in and out of the lineup. I think GMTM should have moved a defender to make Zadorov a permanent fixture. Unfortunately I think he and Nolan are of the same mindset that you play your vets, which has made Zad low man on the totem pole.

I think you're just cranky I'm going to win our little bet :nana:

I think Zadorov has struggled with being pulled in and out of the lineup. I think GMTM should have moved a defender to make Zadorov a permanent fixture. Unfortunately I think he and Nolan are of the same mindset that you play your vets, which has made Zad low man on the totem pole.

I feel he could use some time in the AHL playing significant minutes around a guy like Bagnall. Not making the big money but still plays and acts like a pro. The more seriously you take your craft the better you will be at it IMO. Nothing wrong with these guys spending time in Rochester. Plus I get to see them play live.

With respect to everyone.. I read this whole thread.

And at the end all I could say was..

I don't think I want to read threads here anymore.  It just seems to have devolved into snark after snark after snark.  Sigh.

There is no Corsi number for Sabrespace right?  Or are we tallying the shots we take in the thread, plus the shots we take in a thread that stem from another thread, plus the shots that completely miss a point?

Sigh... 

Anyway.. I didn't watch much of the game.. but when I did Larsson looked good.  His little head fake leading to the two on one and Moulson's goal was nice.

I don't think I want to read threads here anymore.  It just seems to have devolved into snark after snark after snark.  Sigh.

There is no Corsi number for Sabrespace right?  Or are we tallying the shots we take in the thread, plus the shots we take in a thread that stem from another thread, plus the shots that completely miss a point?

Sigh... 

Anyway.. I didn't watch much of the game.. but when I did Larsson looked good.  His little head fake leading to the two on one and Moulson's goal was nice.

You mean,... there was a time here before snark? I don't believe it.

I don't think I want to read threads here anymore. It just seems to have devolved into snark after snark after snark. Sigh.

There is no Corsi number for Sabrespace right? Or are we tallying the shots we take in the thread, plus the shots we take in a thread that stem from another thread, plus the shots that completely miss a point?

Sigh...

Anyway.. I didn't watch much of the game.. but when I did Larsson looked good. His little head fake leading to the two on one and Moulson's goal was nice.

I'm still a new guy here and I mostly do a lot of lurking. But in fairness to the game day threads, it's almost like watching a game with a buddy. Sure a lot of the conversation is about the game, but you tend to discuss other random stuff

I feel he could use some time in the AHL playing significant minutes around a guy like Bagnall. Not making the big money but still plays and acts like a pro. The more seriously you take your craft the better you will be at it IMO. Nothing wrong with these guys spending time in Rochester. Plus I get to see them play live.

The more I see of Zadorov the more I favor him playing an entire season in Rochester.  I might start a thread about him but he is really terrible with sticking with his assignment. 

The more I see of Zadorov the more I favor him playing an entire season in Rochester.  I might start a thread about him but he is really terrible with sticking with his assignment. 

Isn't this something a defenseman should learn before the AHL level?

Probably. But I get the feeling coaches just let him do whatever.

Same here.  So next year, it really shouldn't be necessary to send him to Rochester to correct this problem.  A coach with an actual system will take care of it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.