GDT: Buffalo @ Toronto: 7:0 pm EST

WildCard

I just want a 100% shot at either Eichel or McDavid being on this team.

Anything that gets in the way of that happening is the enemy.

The reason? I want the Sabres to FINALLY have a superstar player who can lead them to a cup. Forget the heroic battle for 8th place and maybe winning a round.

I've been with Mars.  How do you like him?

As for FINALLY having a superstar player who can lead them to the cup, without having to go through the first round theatrics, are you dreaming, or just listening to the radio too much?

Let me tell you a story: we can't win unless we have the best player.  Thankfully, the two best players ever, one or the other, are ours excusively if we lose as much as possible.

Oh, let me assure you, because you can trust me, that you are having more fun right now than you would be having if we were competing for the playoffs.

Yes, yes.  You can trust me.  We are having fun.  

Don't you listen to the radio?

Tyler Ennis really likes Ted. It's so obvious. I bet a lot of the players do. We don't get any of the classic Lindy Ruff excuses from them anymore. The culture really has changed. And now people want to can the man who built it.

There is no "culture" being built... They are a bunch of losers led by a losing coach in a losing situation. They all got tired of saying "I don't know what it's going to take for us to win" and started saying other "stuff." They're all just trying and failing. Including Nolan.

Faith, in one thing or the other gives hockey fan much peace of mind.

It's those without faith that experience much stress about this or that, and they don't make the finish line.

There is only one finish line and no one who ever has taken a breath has not made It nor will those still breathing fail to make it. Edited by 3putt

There is no "culture" being built... They are a bunch of losers led by a losing coach in a losing situation. They all got tired of saying "I don't know what it's going to take for us to win" and started saying other "stuff." They're all just trying and failing. Including Nolan.

Explain to me how the crappy lineup is Nolan's fault.

If you think this is a loser team with a loser coach you've clearly already forgotten about the years between 2007 and the start of the tank. Because those teams were bursting at the seams with losers. Expensive losers. Bored losers. Gutless losers.

If you can't see the shift in attitude in spite of the terrible beating they've taken this year then I can't make you see it. You simply don't have the eye for it.

If you think this is a loser team with a loser coach you've clearly already forgotten about the years between 2007 and the start of the tank. Because those teams were bursting at the seams with losers. Expensive losers. Bored losers. Gutless losers.

If you can't see the shift in attitude in spite of the terrible beating they've taken this year then I can't make you see it. You simply don't have the eye for it.

Don't forget -- the teams from 2007 to the start of the Tank era also miraculously showed signs of life late in the season.  Then immediately went back to being terrible at the start of next season.

That said, are we finally seeing Larsson hit his potential?  He was really good tonight and he's improved right along this season when given the chance.  I'd be happy to give him a full NHL year next season to see if we're finally getting the guy we thought we were trading for.

Edited by Robviously

The difference between those teams and this team is that their years started with wins, were filled in the middle with losses and capped off with wins due to higher level of effort. This year it started with losses, was packed with more losses in the middle and finished with high-level losses.

I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy inside because they give better quotes after more losses now than they did two months ago.

Edited by Tank

After bashing Ted's mistakes for two days straight, time to give him some credit for what he has done well.

Maybe making Larsson keep his mouth shut, put in his time and challenging him to do something when his opportunity finally presented itself had something to do with the game he just played. Just maybe he pushed the right buttons with this guy.

Watching the horrible, disorganized, can't-wait-for-the-season-to-be-over effort put in by the Leafs tonight, just reinforces what a great job Teddy has done keeping this squad together. We are bad, but we don't quit and we still seem to care about each other.

That is all on on Nolan. No maybe about it.

Edited by dudacek

Don't forget -- the teams from 2007 to the start of the Tank era also miraculously showed signs of life late in the season.  Then immediately went back to being terrible at the start of next season.

That said, are we finally seeing Larsson hit his potential?  He was really good tonight and he's improved right along this season when given the chance.  I'd be happy to give him a full NHL year next season to see if we're finally getting the guy we thought we were trading for.

Amazing what can happen when given heavy minutes on a line with offensive talent.

The difference between those teams and this team is that their years started with wins, were filled in the middle with losses and capped off with wins due to higher level of effort. This year it started with losses, was packed with more losses in the middle and finished with high-level losses.

I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy inside because they give better quotes after more losses now than they did two months ago.

Is there anything you do like? Bunnies? Unicorns? Dragons? 

In professional sports the difference between gutless losers and noble losers is the adjective.

So we go all year with many on here hoping we finish dead last, all while Murray does his best to remove any chance of success whatsoever. Here we are with a month left of the season and now people are calling for Nolan's head because he hasn't made the right decisions to make this team better. 

So we go all year with many on here hoping we finish dead last, all while Murray does his best to remove any chance of success whatsoever. Here we are with a month left of the season and now people are calling for Nolan's head because he hasn't made the right decisions to make this team better. 

If someone leaves me homeless, but gives me a blanket, I don't use the blanket to wipe my ass. It's a fair assessment to call me incompetent for using what little I was given incorrectly

Edited by WildComrade

It's simple really: some of us don't think Nolan is a good coach, and when the team is trying to win games (see: next season) we don't want a bad coach on the bench. 

Knowing that the team was stripping away the last vestiges of the old core while waiting for prospects to mature, we all had to adjust our expectations. Some who would have been content with progress from the young guys and flashes from the farm hands feel betrayed when those flashes come more frequently in the waning moments of the season when they may have come earlier. Those that desired a palatable on ice product were betrayed from the outset. Frustration boils over. But to think that anything but talent will change the long term outlook of the franchise is a strawman at best. I don't blame TM or TN for the situation. I accept it for what it is. I won't demonize or martyr either. The purge is done. The build is under way. Only time will tell if it was successful. I for one think we will have the talent to be a consistently contending team in the near future. I also believe you build a winning culture by winning. A lot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.