GDT: Buffalo @ Toronto: 7:0 pm EST

WildCard

Same here. So next year, it really shouldn't be necessary to send him to Rochester to correct this problem. A coach with an actual system will take care of it.

I expect it'll be sorted out regardless of who is coach. Pushing Zadorov in and out of the lineup was a way of making a point and making him humble. He'll be better for it.

How am I supposed to judge Nolan? What metric is there? It's like trying to judge a chef's cooking when the only ingredients are rocks, toilet water and fresh basil.

My kid was trying to talk me into letting him make stone soup one day after he read it in a book. WTF is that?

How am I supposed to judge Nolan? What metric is there? It's like trying to judge a chef's cooking when the only ingredients are rocks, toilet water and fresh basil.

I'm pretty sure Ted would cook a nice filet in the microwave.

No. He's just a Pominville type. 6' 200lbs. Not going to wear you down, but big enough to hold his own. 

I would have said that Larsson has a good 15-20 lbs on Pominville.  Looking on their respective NHL pages, Jason is listed at 187 lbs, while Johan is listed at 206 lbs.

I honestly don't understand how you people are complaining about Lindback over Hackett. Who effing cares?! They're both scrubs.

Well, I think if Hackett had been in net, we wouldn't have made a point in this game. 

And that point could be crucial.  The gap between Buffalo and Edmonton is only 3 points now.   Edmonton has lost 6 in a row.  

Nolan needs to think strategically and for the long-haul.   These games are meaningless. and probably 60% of the roster won't even be on the ice come October.  

Play the kids, try players out, get some looks, and lose games.    

If Nolan stupidly manages to drag the team out of last place via his choices in the next few weeks, that could mean GMTM will need to tank the team again in 2015-16 just so we can get the top draft pick in 2016.    

Paradoxically, winning games now, or earning points,  could cost Nolan his job, if he hasn't lost it already.    

If Nolan stupidly manages to drag the team out of last place via his choices in the next few weeks, that could mean GMTM will need to tank the team again in 2015-16 just so we can get the top draft pick in 2016.    

No.  No matter what happens in these last few games the tank is done and we move forward with whatever top talent we end up with.  Now they may very well be a bottom five team regardless next year, but it won't be by design.

No.  No matter what happens in these last few games the tank is done and we move forward with whatever top talent we end up with.  Now they may very well be a bottom five team regardless next year, but it won't be by design.

Yup. This team will not tank again.  

You mean,... there was a time here before snark? I don't believe it.

Hard to believe eh?  it's not really the snark so much as the incessant name-calling and cross-thread BS that persists.  It's like bringing your domestic dispute to bar.  Keep it between yourselves in your thread and stop ruining the good times for everyone else.

I'm still a new guy here and I mostly do a lot of lurking. But in fairness to the game day threads, it's almost like watching a game with a buddy. Sure a lot of the conversation is about the game, but you tend to discuss other random stuff

Yea.. generally.  It's what I said above.

My kid was trying to talk me into letting him make stone soup one day after he read it in a book. WTF is that?

It's a book about a guy with nothing to eat who got everyone in town to pitch in and make a big vat of soup to share with everyone. He started with just water and a stone and everyone who wanted to try his soup contributed an ingredient and it wound up becoming an actual soup rather than a vat of hot water with a rock in it.

Edited by Drunkard

Well, I think if Hackett had been in net, we wouldn't have made a point in this game. 

And that point could be crucial.  The gap between Buffalo and Edmonton is only 3 points now.   Edmonton has lost 6 in a row.  

Nolan needs to think strategically and for the long-haul.   These games are meaningless. and probably 60% of the roster won't even be on the ice come October.  

Play the kids, try players out, get some looks, and lose games.    

Paradoxically, winning games now, or earning points,  could cost Nolan his job, if he hasn't lost it already.    

Do you really think he's going to fire Nolan for winning games? 

Oh yeah, Nolan is checking out the 'kids'. One of them had 3 points last game. Your post sounds like you have all basis covered depending on the results. 

It's a book about a guy with nothing to eat who got everyone in town to pitch in and make a big vat of soup to share with everyone. He started with just water and a stone and everyone who wanted to try his soup contributed an ingredient and it wound up becoming an actual soup rather than a vat of hot water with a rock in it.

So.....not bong water?

So.....not bong water?

Nope, it came from the river, not some hippie's bong or anyone's toilet unfortunately. There may have been some fresh basil in it though. It's probably been 25+ years since I read the book (I'm 33 so I'm guessing I was younger than 8 when I read it) but I can't be sure, I just remember the basis of the story.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.