Report your current temp.

PASabreFan

to be fair, nfreeman is really just the assistant to the drunk trailer park supervisor.

Well, I do know that nfreeman enjoys a pop now and then, but chz is a lady and never tells.

Whoa, whoa, whoa ... she's a lady!!

No dumping into the public water system!

• 1 month later...

90! Jebus that snuck up on us. It's 115 degrees warmer than one the temps I reported in this thread!

I hope they have extra towels on hand for Game 3 at the Aud.

Oh, yeah!!

Well, woop de do!!

We just cracked double digits.

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ns-19_metric_e.html

So, there.  Take that, Mr. 90 degrees.

90! Jebus that snuck up on us. It's 115 degrees warmer than one the temps I reported in this thread!

I hope they have extra towels on hand for Game 3 at the Aud.

The worst part? The ground is already dry. The crops are gonna be bad this year if we don't get any rain.

I'm so pissed...I had new windows put in last fall, and go figure, the air conditioner doesn't fit into the new windows. Lmao.

This is just my luck, my bedroom is 95 degrees right now...even the bird is squawking, "f*ckin hot, f*ckin hot!"

(It's a long ways from having central air like I did down south, living in Myrtle Beach...that was amazing.)

• 4 weeks later...

You might want to chat with Hitler and Napoleon first.

For those interested in history, war and weather ... I found this cool.

Watch Germany and the USSR/Russia as dates change.

If you're going into Russia, better finish by November. And I mean finish!

Hitler first.

Another, Napolean without dates. Napolean invaded Russia in June and reached Moscow in September. In this video/graph, the size of the French graph/box represents the size of his army.

https://vimeo.com/71148323

Edited by Neo

Yes. It's not much warmer in the twin tiers — it's 80 in Pittsburgh. Cold air advection or something. Crazy.

Those poor people. It's been one terrible weather year for y'all up north. It's almost June, this is supposed to be the time of year people look forward to in Buffalo. 46° and rain, that's October weather. Allegheny camping weather.

75 and sunny in Fort Worth, after the wettest May on record (and thankful for that - several area lakes/reservoirs went from as low as 30% to 100+% full in one month!)

I hope you and your family came out of it unscathed!

There were a lot of people caught of guard.

82 with a heat index of 89 currently in Jacksonville, NC. Already feels way too hot for my tastes, especially since it's supposed to technically still be spring. Highs in the high 70's and low 80's all week with plenty of rain. Hopefully the heat index doesn't make it feel much hotter.

We're on pretty high ground.  Once or twice there were times when there was water running across the road and I wondered how much it would take to sweep a Fiat away.  No rain in the 10-day forecast for the first time in a  long time.

In the 40s Fort Worth had major flooding.  In the 50s and 60s the US Army Corps of Engineers created some lakes and rechanneled the Trinity River to control future floods.  In this case they worked wonderfully.  Nowhere near the flooding that Austin and surrounding area had, and not even as bad as Dallas just to the east.  (Their greenbelt along the Trinity was flooded from levee to levee.  In Ft Worth the river stayed within its banks.)

At this point the worst effect of the rains is that the cycling/jogging trails along the river are under water in *some* spots, mostly the low-water crossings (bridges just above normal water level).

We're on pretty high ground.  Once or twice there were times when there was water running across the road and I wondered how much it would take to sweep a Fiat away.  No rain in the 10-day forecast for the first time in a  long time.

In the 40s Fort Worth had major flooding.  In the 50s and 60s the US Army Corps of Engineers created some lakes and rechanneled the Trinity River to control future floods.  In this case they worked wonderfully.  Nowhere near the flooding that Austin and surrounding area had, and not even as bad as Dallas just to the east.  (Their greenbelt along the Trinity was flooded from levee to levee.  In Ft Worth the river stayed within its banks.)

At this point the worst effect of the rains is that the cycling/jogging trails along the river are under water in *some* spots, mostly the low-water crossings (bridges just above normal water level).

It was my nicest attempt to make sure you weren't one of the those  going under over-passes in the Fiat or on your bike that said "Oh, it can't be that deep" or "the water can't be flowing that fast" right before you took off...

I was hoping common sense went hand in hand with being pedantic     :thumbsup:

There was only one day when that was at all a concern; I got to my car after work just as a downpour started, and it was a question of standing water on the road simply because it didn't have enough time to drain away.  I was concerned it might pool in the underpasses on I-20 before my exit, so I took the tollway instead (which is mostly elevated).  I ended up getting home without incident.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.