Report your current temp.

PASabreFan

Question on jr/sr. high sports in western New York. Is there a rule if the temperature is below x amount, teams cannot practice outdoors? I used to live in Tonawanda and Plattsburgh, but that was before I was in jr. high. Just curious on what policy schools in western New York may have. 

Edited by thanes16

Question on jr/sr. high sports in western New York. Is there a rule if the temperature is below x amount, teams cannot practice outdoors? I used to live in Tonawanda and Plattsburgh, but that was before I was in jr. high. Just curious on what policy schools in western New York may have.

Yes, there is, but I can't remember the exact number. I know when I was in HS the coaches moved many of our early season lacrosse practices into the gym due to temperature.

See I don't ever recall seeing that in my 30 years living in WNY.  I've noticed people only clear a limited swath across the entire windshield and the back window neglected like you mentioned and leaving feet of snow on top of their car to eventually blow off in one big blinding chunk into the following cars, but to purposely leave yourself 3/4 blind on icy roads is idiocy of the highest order.

That kind of laziness was very widespread in Boston. People wouldn't even bother with the scrape, they'd just run their wipers once and then hit the road. I could never understand why they didn't have cops out there writing tickets. It would be such an easy cash grab for the department and on top of that, it would actually be improving the safety on the roads. But anyway, I worked from home for most of the week, so I was fortunate to not run into too many of these idiots in NC. Yesterday was the first day I actually drove, so by that point most cars had been cleared off.

I do take a lot of pride out of the fact that I'm probably the only house in my neighborhood that doesn't have a driveway covered in ice right now. It took maybe ten minutes to clear the thing off on Monday and now I'm the only one who doesn't look like a lazy slob.

The police would frown upon building a flame thrower to melt the snow at the bottom of my driveway, right? Because I have nowhere else to put the snow the plows keep dumping there in their futile attempt to widen the street.

I thought I just saw an article where a guy was arrested for using a home-made flamethrower to remove snow on his property. I'll see if I can find it.

Yep. Fargo, ND

http://neighborshame.com/fargo-man-arrested-clearing-snow-flamethrower/

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Don't worry. Come summer time we'll have 90's and triple digits with ungodly humidity adding to the heat index while you get to enjoy a much more temperate climate.

Yep, Im pretty sure that I hate NC summers more than WNY winters.  It's having a real spring and the gorgeous fall weather that makes NC appealing.

Don't worry. Come summer time we'll have 90's and triple digits with ungodly humidity adding to the heat index while you get to enjoy a much more temperate climate.

I'll take bitching about how fast my ice melts, in my drink, in a pool, during your summers over this winter any time.  I think I'm hearty, but 20 minutes and it's time to go in, -21 is brutal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.