Trade: Jhonas Enroth to Dallas

TheMatrix31

JJ,

For what it's worth, we are all Sabre fans here.  We wouldn't be here if we were not.  Sometimes emotions get the best of us.

I am fine with your avatar and your cheering for the Panthers.

I have ties to Montreal and cheer for them, but, like you, the Sabres are my team.

I pull for the Blackhawks when playoffs come and the Sabres aren't in it. Patrick Kane is my favorite player (no hometown hero, just exciting to watch), jerseys/fans are awesome, and I like dynasties. Watching something great is fun. 

Plus, I can't root for another franchise to win their first Cup before the Sabres do. That list is already pretty small, and most of those teams haven't been around as long as Buffalo

I was doing ok with my two team love affair until my old home team moved east into the same division. I'm a pretty recent hockey fan, but had always followed Detroit as a kid. It was unavoidable. I have a Red Wings logo on my car- it's a piece of home to me.

d4rk really introduced me to the game, and his passion for the Sabres, and given the knowledge/experience he shared with me about the team and its history, I think that I actually tip the scales towards Sabres fan. That and being on here- I'm not on a Wings board. I care about more of the Buffalo players. 

It's been manageable, I pay attention to the awful year we've been having here- I find it fascinating, watch old Sabres games on NHL gamecenter, and I watch my two loves Zetterberg and Datsyuk make a run at 24 years in the playoffs. I'm going to have to sit in a padded room and cry a lot when both teams are really good and playing each other for the top.

I feel like a traitor to both teams. I know I'll never fully belong here- I'm not from here- and I'm reminded of it often. I don't fit in with the Detroit crowd anymore, either.

Detroit has enough Cups. I'll back the Wings (and Zetterberg) to get another one until Buffalo's ready and in the playoffs. But I won't give up watching this team/every move the GM makes in the meantime. 

I was doing ok with my two team love affair until my old home team moved east into the same division. I'm a pretty recent hockey fan, but had always followed Detroit as a kid. It was unavoidable. I have a Red Wings logo on my car- it's a piece of home to me.

d4rk really introduced me to the game, and his passion for the Sabres, and given the knowledge/experience he shared with me about the team and its history, I think that I actually tip the scales towards Sabres fan. That and being on here- I'm not on a Wings board. I care about more of the Buffalo players. 

It's been manageable, I pay attention to the awful year we've been having here- I find it fascinating, watch old Sabres games on NHL gamecenter, and I watch my two loves Zetterberg and Datsyuk make a run at 24 years in the playoffs. I'm going to have to sit in a padded room and cry a lot when both teams are really good and playing each other for the top.

I feel like a traitor to both teams. I know I'll never fully belong here- I'm not from here- and I'm reminded of it often. I don't fit in with the Detroit crowd anymore, either.

Detroit has enough Cups. I'll back the Wings (and Zetterberg) to get another one until Buffalo's ready and in the playoffs. But I won't give up watching this team/every move the GM makes in the meantime.

Says the lady w/ the Red Wing for an avatar. ;)

I understand having an interest in the local team.  And I am a fan of the sport and on any given night I'll watch hockey between any two teams and I'll more than likely root for one team over the other.  Except in certain circumstances like Boston vs. Leafs where I just root for the termination of both teams.

That said.. I criticized you for your approach.  Saying that Murray checked out was cuckoo.  The Sabres plan has not been altered.  I think, at this point, it's being executed with the precision of a German engineer.  

You shouldn't be surprised with the responses you receive when you say what you said.

And we should all let it go at this point... I'd say some of the responses to JJ have pushed the boundaries too.

I certainly don't think what JJ has done approaches some of the other things we've experienced on this board.  Perhaps the timing of it could be better because while some are riding an euphoric high on the moves he's there protesting loudly so you might feel slightly more offended than you would in other circumstances.

So then...

Good post.

Personally, I think it's somewhat troll-like to have another team's logo in your avatar, but far from suspension-worthy.

As for JJ50's affinity for Enroth -- I would think this is a good thing.  Enroth is going to get the chance to seize the #1 job for a team with a shot at the playoffs.  If he delivers, he'll probably be able to parlay that into a #1 job somewhere next year.  OTOH, if he doesn't -- then JJ50 will be running out of excuses for him.

FWIW, I'm a Red Wings fan as well, for the opposite reason as Josie:  Grew up in Buffalo (Cheektowaga).  Went away to college, then moved to Los Angeles.  In those days, newly married, no NHL Center Ice, and the Kings sucked, I stopped following the NHL.  Moved to Fort Worth before the Stars came to town, then to Detroit.  I was in Detroit from 1991 to 1997, a great period of time when the Wings went from mediocre playoff also-rans to Cup champs.  I moved back to Fort Worth two weeks after the Wings 1997 Cup win, and touched the Cup the day they won it.  Stevie Y was my favorite player.

When I got back to Ft Worth, we were still Red Wings fans, and to this day they're my wife's favorite team.  The Sabres were pretty much off my radar for about 15 years... then came their run in '99.  The Sabres re-assumed their place as my #1 team, with the Red Wings just behind them, and the Stars.... well... they're there.  I'm more a fan of their broadcast duo than of the team itself.  I just can't get emotionally invested in the team.  So it's basically Sabres #1, Wings #2 and the Stars a very distant #3 (Go Jhonas!)

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

I'll miss Enroth.. his air of European sophistication was something else.

The best we have now in my opinion is Ristolainen with his Ivan Drago meets Guile hairdo.

I think Enroth would be cast in the Swedish version of the Dos Equis commercials.

Fletcher mentioned in an interview that the Wild almost pulled the trigger on Enroth, but that GMTM wanted a second while the Yotes only wanted a third for Dubnyk and that is why he went with the trade he did

That's a good point. Seems to me Murray accepted that he wasn't getting a 2nd when the Stars also refused so just decided to pull the trigger on the 3rd.

It could be worse.. You could be so inept and not be able to upload a new avatar . I had the perfect blue medical grade tank to calm me as I hope for the hockey blackout to lift.

What's wrong with your avatar?

It could be worse.. You could be so inept and not be able to upload a new avatar . I had the perfect blue medical grade tank to calm me as I hope for the hockey blackout to lift.

I kind of agree. The Timmy avatar as a default avatar needs to be retired at sea or in a viking funeral or something. I would prefer to look at a pic of Rosie O'Donnel.  :blink:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.