Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Too bad, and I woke up early today too...

He played his best game to date. His line was hopping.

Scheifele, Staf and Lowry are all out so Armia was playing LW with Perreault and Ehlers on RW on the 2nd line. They were pretty good. Looked dangerous almost every shift. The team is missing those three injured players though.

Armia did the right thing when he got called up and I would bet that some players mentioned to him to try to play in the system. He played good, smart D so the coach trusts him and starts moving him up. It is totally up to Armia how high up the lines he will play. I'd like to see Armia, Scheif and Wheeler on a line. I'd play the young kids as much as possible and evaluate them because the Jets aren't making the  playoffs. Use this time properly and put it to good use.

If the trade were analyzed today, Murray wouldn't look too good.

Thorny, it was a 1-0 game, how many points you think he should have?

Don't get pissed off because one of the guys you traded is on the big team...

Bogo and Kane are having a very good month, and they bring the kind of grit to our team we were lacking.   That is what murray traded for.

I don't expect them to be high on the scoring charts, but I do want them to be tough to play against.

Edited by Huckleberry

Doan is an idiot that someone should teach a lesson to before he retires. No respect for him whatsoever. Kaner should have been on the ice and given Doan the tune up he needs. POS...Looked like Bogo was having fun out there. Reminded me a bit of Barnaby with that eating grin.

Doan is an idiot that someone should teach a lesson to before he retires. No respect for him whatsoever. Kaner should have been on the ice and given Doan the tune up he needs. POS...Looked like Bogo was having fun out there. Reminded me a bit of Barnaby with that ###### eating grin.

A bit like Barnaby, but not quite. While Bogosian was IN the "fight" w/ Duclair (tough to call it a fight when Duclair got off exactly 2 punches & 1 hit the guy standing next to his intended target) he had a game face on. He didn't break into the grin until afterwards. Barnaby would smile DURING the fight. That one, is one seriously messed up dude.

A bit like Barnaby, but not quite. While Bogosian was IN the "fight" w/ Duclair (tough to call it a fight when Duclair got off exactly 2 punches & 1 hit the guy standing next to his intended target) he had a game face on. He didn't break into the grin until afterwards. Barnaby would smile DURING the fight. That one, is one seriously messed up dude.

If memory serves, post-playing-career, Barnaby also had a number of DWIs, one of which included a high-speed car chase with him fleeing from the cops on just his rims after his tires had blown out.

If memory serves, post-playing-career, Barnaby also had a number of DWIs, one of which included a high-speed car chase with him fleeing from the cops on just his rims after his tires had blown out.

He also showed up hammered to his ex's house and screamed at her from outside. 

Edited by WildCard

Doan is an idiot that someone should teach a lesson to before he retires. No respect for him whatsoever. Kaner should have been on the ice and given Doan the tune up he needs. POS...Looked like Bogo was having fun out there. Reminded me a bit of Barnaby with that ###### eating grin.

If we can get this version of Bogo back, the one we saw at the end of last season eating up huge minutes, then I will be more than satisfied with the return on this trade. It looks like both Kane and Bogog are coming on strong lately.

Staf is back in the lineup and Armia is supposed to be on a line with Ladd and Little tomorrow evening. Back to the RW position.  Some would say that is our first line. 

Ehlers, Scheifele and Wheeler make up the other top line so I don't know which is considered our #1 line. Armia is on one of the top two anyway. He got on the ice for over 18 minutes for each of the last two games. I like his game so far.

• 2 weeks later...

No, Wheeler is the undisputed 1RW. Staf has been all over this season but he has recently been on a line with Perreault and Little...and Lowry and Ladd. He was also used as the1LW with Little and Wheeler for a couple of games not long ago. The coach has been switching things up because of injuries and the Jets playing like diarrhea. Win a few, lose a few, win a few, lose a few............lose a bunch and get a good draft pick already.

Maurice said Armia's last game was his best in a Jets' uniform. He's got great hands. Armia played 4th line with Copp and Thorburn a couple of games ago and 3rd line(?) with Lowry and Ladd tonight and last game. He played 13 minutes tonight and they were arguably the best line tonight.

As I mentioned in the GDT, Kane fought the same guy 3 times last night -- it's the first time the same 2 guys have fought 3 times in 1 game since 2002.

Kane has really hit his stride over the last couple of weeks.  He's been #1 or #2 in ice time among forwards, plays in all situations and has been forechecking like a maniac.  He's meshed well with Larsson and Gionta to form a great possession line that keeps it in the offensive zone and creates a lot of chances.

There is no doubt in my mind that he remains the best player in the trade.  Myers could still overtake him, but he'll need to take a major step up to do so.

As I mentioned in the GDT, Kane fought the same guy 3 times last night -- it's the first time the same 2 guys have fought 3 times in 1 game since 2002.

Kane has really hit his stride over the last couple of weeks.  He's been #1 or #2 in ice time among forwards, plays in all situations and has been forechecking like a maniac.  He's meshed well with Larsson and Gionta to form a great possession line that keeps it in the offensive zone and creates a lot of chances.

There is no doubt in my mind that he remains the best player in the trade.  Myers could still overtake him, but he'll need to take a major step up to do so.

Good post and to add on to it, there is no way you can convince me he hasn't gained major respect as a player from his coaches and teammates for his assist on Reinhart's hat trick, going down to the 3rd line and making it much better and then last nights fisticuffs.

If he truly was a cancer in the Jets locker room last year, he's found the cure this year.

Not gonna happen. If anyone turns out more talented than Kaner it will be Armia or possibly Roslovic but I doubt that.

A year after the trade...let's take a look at it to see how things have settled.

Kane, Bogosian and Kasdorf for Myers, Stafford, Lemieux and a 1st round that was Roslovic at 25th overall.

Roslovic is playing for Miami University in Ohio and is their leading scorer with 21 points in 27 games. Shoots right and has a lot of offensive upside.

Lemieux has been traded part way through the year from Barrie to Windsor and has 45 points in 32 games. He was suspended for an illegal hit earlier in the season and plays with an edge. Will probably play for the Jets before the 2016-2017 season is over.

Armia has played over 20 games with the Jets now and is playing defensively sound hockey. This has given the coach to play him in more situations. Rarely caught out of position. Destined to play on the 2nd line if he keeps it up.

Myers has played 78 games and has scored 34 points. He played a big part in the Jets making the playoffs last year. He is mainly paired with Enstrom and sees time on special teams as well. He has a 5.5m caphit and he is signed for 3 more seasons after this one. His actual salary is 5m this year and 4m, 3.5m, 3m for the last three seasons. Plays in all situations but should be much more aggressive, especially for his size.

Stafford re-signed for 4.35m per year for two years and has played 75 games while scoring 47 points. A big winger that can score and has also seen time on special teams and was also a big part of the Jets making the playoffs last year. He has played all over the lineup this year andhas played well wherever he was put.

Unless the play of Kane and Bogo increase dramatically, the analysts will look at this trade and say it favors Winnipeg. After one year I would have to say that the trade seems to favor the Jets. Mainly because of the play of the players they traded away. Staf has a higher ppg than Kane and Myers is a better D man than Bogo. Chances are Kasdorf doesn't making starting goalie on the farm and Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic all make the big team. Way to go Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A year after the trade...let's take a look at it to see how things have settled.

Kane, Bogosian and Kasdorf for Myers, Stafford, Lemieux and a 1st round that was Roslovic at 25th overall.

Roslovic is playing for Miami University in Ohio and is their leading scorer with 21 points in 27 games. Shoots right and has a lot of offensive upside.

Lemieux has been traded part way through the year from Barrie to Windsor and has 45 points in 32 games. He was suspended for an illegal hit earlier in the season and plays with an edge. Will probably play for the Jets before the 2016-2017 season is over.

Armia has played over 20 games with the Jets now and is playing defensively sound hockey. This has given the coach to play him in more situations. Rarely caught out of position. Destined to play on the 2nd line if he keeps it up.

Myers has played 78 games and has scored 34 points. He played a big part in the Jets making the playoffs last year. He is mainly paired with Enstrom and sees time on special teams as well. He has a 5.5m caphit and he is signed for 3 more seasons after this one. His actual salary is 5m this year and 4m, 3.5m, 3m for the last three seasons. Plays in all situations but should be much more aggressive, especially for his size.

Stafford re-signed for 4.35m per year for two years and has played 75 games while scoring 47 points. A big winger that can score and has also seen time on special teams and was also a big part of the Jets making the playoffs last year. He has played all over the lineup this year andhas played well wherever he was put.

Unless the play of Kane and Bogo increase dramatically, the analysts will look at this trade and say it favors Winnipeg. After one year I would have to say that the trade seems to favor the Jets. Mainly because of the play of the players they traded away. Staf has a higher ppg than Kane and Myers is a better D man than Bogo. Chances are Kasdorf doesn't making starting goalie on the farm and Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic all make the big team. Way to go Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG give it up are you kidding me...

Bogo is meh.  Kane is awesome.  He's not the goal scorer I expected, but he tilts the ice in our favor every time he's out there.  And once the Sabres have a couple more goal scorers, it'll be nice to have a warhammer of a volume scorer to round out the top 9.

Armia has 2 goals and 1 assist in 22 games and is destined for the second line.

It's highly unlikely that all 3 play for the Jets, especially on a consistent basis.

Bogo is meh.  Kane is awesome.  He's not the goal scorer I expected, but he tilts the ice in our favor every time he's out there.  And once the Sabres have a couple more goal scorers, it'll be nice to have a warhammer of a volume scorer to round out the top 9.

Armia has 2 goals and 1 assist in 22 games and is destined for the second line.

Ducky probably reads the Winnipeg Free Press, which earlier this season proclaimed Adam Lowry as "The Next Jonathan Toews". It probably spews similar crap about Armia, so it's tough to fault someone from Winnipeg being of this opinion about Armia after being fed so much hype. The papers here are borderline propaganda. I'm not kidding.

Glad you feel that way Ducky.

The bEst trades are the ones when both teams feel like they've improved

(even if Buffalo is the only team that has actually improved in the standings.)

I'll take Kane and Bogo over Stafford and Myers any day of the week.

The prospects may eventually tilt that the other way, but the Sabres needed players, not prospects.

I don't think we've seen the best out either ex-Jet but even if we have, I'd do the trade again.

I don't read the free press, too tight to pay the money...

Armia will play on the 2nd line in time...if not next year, the next for sure.

As far as Lemieux, Roslovic and Armia playing on a consistent basis, Armia already is. Lemieux will make the team but he will not start out any higher than a 4th line winger....he may not ever play on a higher line consistently. I don't like Lemieux's character and would prefer he be traded but that doesn't cloud my opinion of him.

I can't comment on Roslovic as I have never seen him play but he gets good reviews.

Kaner is making 6m per and Bogo is making 5.25m per. Staf has outproduced Kane and Myers is playing better than Bogo....also, Bogo and Kaner have missed a substantial amount of time to injuries. Bogo is a -25 in 58 games!!!!!!!! Myers and Staf have missed a few games each and play big minutes on the Jets. Armia is starting to see ti me on the third line and will play on the 2nd in time to come. He's a big body that can skate with good defensive acumen and soft hands. I see why he was a 1st round pick. No matter how you slice it, after a year the Jets look to have got the better of the trade...hands down.

Edited by Ducky

I bet the Sabres make the playoffs again before the Jets do.

I don't think the Sabres at 54 games played and 48 points or the Jets that played 53 games and have 51 points should be talking playoffs.

But, I'd still take that bet, we have the better goalie.

Edited by Ducky