Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Should probably get used to Bogo only playing 60- 65  or so games a year.

Always hurt? or out of games for whatever reason.

What's the verdict on Kane's injury? He'll play with as much pain as they let him....a tough SOB if there ever was one.

What's the verdict on Kane's injury? He'll play with as much pain as they let him....a tough SOB if there ever was one.

His replacement is on the way from Rochester.  Still no official word.

Yup, same goes for Myers, more/less.

Not sure what he meant about not having his back but when you constantly miss or come late to practices and don't dress to the team's dress code he is acting like a prima donna. Why should he be above team rules? The act wore thin with the players and management had no choice but to trade him. Most everyone is happy the cancer in the room is gone and the trade looks better every day. Stafford is more than replacing his points and knows how to play D AND use his line mates properly. To talk trash after you are out of somewhere is a bush move.....Maurice was asked about it and took the high ground, something Kane would never do. He can be a dominant player on the ice but off the ice...

Not sure what he meant about not having his back but when you constantly miss or come late to practices and don't dress to the team's dress code he is acting like a prima donna. Why should he be above team rules? The act wore thin with the players and management had no choice but to trade him. Most everyone is happy the cancer in the room is gone and the trade looks better every day. Stafford is more than replacing his points and knows how to play D AND use his line mates properly. To talk trash after you are out of somewhere is a bush move.....Maurice was asked about it and took the high ground, something Kane would never do. He can be a dominant player on the ice but off the ice...

There's either some confirmation bias going on here or Stafford really did need a change of scenery.

He plays on the checking line and also plays PK and PP.... 5 goals and 2 assists in 8 games and is a plus player. 26 points in 34 games since he got here....I have no problem with Stafford's play at all.

I'm not sure it was a change of scenery more than a team that plays a disciplined D game but he is one of the better players on the team right now.

Edited by Ducky

Like I just said in another thread - Winnipeg won this trade regardless if Armia, Lemieux, and the 1st rounder ever play an NHL game.

Only in hindsight could that be true, as Ink pointed out in that other thread, Stafford was a UFA; regardless of how well he's playing right now, at the time he could have just as easily walked over the summer. If Stafford had been signed for X more years, you may be right (and that assumes Kane flames out in Buffalo). Myers and Bogo are still a wash; both good D with flaws, just different flaws.

Only a Sabre fan would say Myers and Bogo are a wash....the fact that Stafford finished his season here gave us the inside edge to re-sign him so that has to be taken into consideration.

I'll give you Stafford finishing there gave you the edge on resigning him. As Ink mentioned in the other thread, though, a typical rental player's value on the open market is a 2nd round pick, and negotiating rights have gone for a 4th round pick in the past (Ehrhoff is the most recent example I can think of). If winning the trade hinges on those values, I'm not going to sweat it.

Myers and Bogo is a hockey trade: Myers has more offensive upside and Bogo has more grit. Both teams needed the the other, so it's a wash.

To me this trade also helped ensure we ended up DFL and secured Jack Eichel rather than Dylan Strome.  That's not nothing in my eyes.  Also, in the 8 or whatever games we've seen Kane he looks better than anything that was sent the other way IMO.