Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Oh and since I am at work and i cant get at my links, IAt the beginning of the season I called our next trade would be a legit hockey trade and not more of the crap that we've been subkect to over thw last 3 seasons.

Queue up the applause gif. Real hockey is in our sights.

This was the only way we were going to get a top line winger worthy of McEichel's line. Armia was not going to be that guy imo. As far as I am concerned we moved the infection, Armia and a prospect for a legit top end winger for our shiny new feanchise center to be.

Mogilny/Lafontaine. Andrechuck/Turgeon. Martin/Perreault

Yeah it was steep but will be so worth it.

Very well said.  Completely agree.

That's nonsense. Selective memory on your part. Darcy made many more deals where he fleeced the other side than Corkum deals.

No defense depth before their playoff run cost them the conference series vs Carolina, and probably the Stanley Cup.

You're crazy if you'd rather have Darcy still running the team. He would never make this bold trade, he overvalued his own picks.

Yes indeed.  I think you would have lost your mind with another prospect trade.  I like it that phase II of the rebuild has officially begun and soon the tank will be in the rearview mirror.

Another great post right here.  This is literally the trade that shows we are done completely unloading talent for futures and are bringing in guys who can help us next year.

Oh and since I am at work and i cant get at my links, IAt the beginning of the season I called our next trade would be a legit hockey trade and not more of the crap that we've been subkect to over thw last 3 seasons.

Yes this is a legit hockey trade. A big time trade. I love that the Sabres are making a trade that "wows" the NHL for a few days.

We are blessed to have a GM who would make a big time trade like this, especially compare to what we used to have.

Rolling the dice on Kane. I think GMTM paid too much. Frankly, Darcy knew how to wheel and deal better.

HAHAHAHAHA.  Darcy knew how to trade the UFAs on deadline day, that's for sure.

Exciting trade.  Sad to see Myers and Armia go, but that's the price you pay.

We accelerated Armia's development by about ~4 years, and gave him a grit and off-ice issues transplant.  Assuming he was going to develop at all (I think he'll be a good top 6 player).  To do so, we traded a 2nd, a 1st, and an infection.  Then we straight up traded Myers for Bogosian.  Seems steep but fair to me.  Helps Winni right now and in the future, balances the Sabres' organization, and rids us of Stafford.

I LOVE having a real GM.

Okay, you know what, as this settles in, I think it's probably best for me, at least, to just hang with it. Come September, then it would be fair to criticize what's going on, assuming criticism is warranted at that time.

GMTM has a plan, obviously. I'm not sold on Kane, but okay, let's see what else Murray does, if this is what he's willing to do to make the team he wants.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Thanks for completing flipping me on thinking this is the deal of the century in Buffalo's favor. I didn't realize Kane was a top-line forward in WPG. And I should completely disregard the prospects because they are not proven NHL players. Sounds right on. A #4 pick who isn't working out with his current team is certainly worthy of a #12, #13, #16, #31, and a top 30. To be fair, WPG added their #19 and #157 -- what a steal! Go Sabres! 

Yeah, I'm laying it on pretty think.

Not that I'm buying into your idea that where these guys were drafted matters, but Bogosian was taken 3d overall.