Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Exactly. Wayne Gretzky wasn't able to pass down his talent to the teams he coached in the desert. It could be a good move and I'm willing to give him a shot but great players generally don't make great coaches.

Gretzky was also named head coach of a pretty poor team. Ed Reed is working with an already talented secondary, could be a great mentor for those guys, and as great a player as he was he was never dirty. I think he's more in a mentor position than strictly a coaching one.

Happens all the time. Wasn't Andre Reed in a similar role with WRs a couple of years ago?

Andre's situation was different from Ed's. Ed is an actual coach with an actual position whereas Andre was placed in Buffalo as part of the NFL's mentorship program for guys who want to become coaches. The mentorship ends at the end of the preseason.

The thing I read about Chip Kelly that really grabbed me (maybe I've posted it before, sorry if so), was the very thoughtful quote from one of his more prized and trusted players with the Eagles. The guy basically said that Chip's system -- the tempo, the reps, the constant and unrelenting intensity -- is something that NFL players can't reasonably endure for long.

I'll be interested to see how this plays out.

The NFL is truly stupid.

He had big friends within SF apparently. That and they aren't ready to give up on Kaep. Dumb moves for sure, but ironically they make sense. Like BJ said, it'll be a tire fire I'm eager to watch. They might be good the initial year like Kelly was in Philly, but it won't last

The Titans are deciding between Mike Mularkey and Doug Marrone. Bills fans are laughing hysterically at this and think it's stupid... Even though those are the only two coaches to have a winning record in Buffalo since 1999.

I'm not laughing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.