Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Should've started Osweiller. Peyton looks like e keeps calling an audible right into what Pitt wants

Nah, this team wasn't going anywhere with Osweiler. Their only hope was Manning putting it together for a few games. Doesn't look like it'll happen, but Osweiler was a worse option.

Super Bowl winner Mike Tomlin elects to punt rather than try a 52 yard FG in Denver . Good lord.

Edit: Touchback, net of 19 yards :lol:

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Don't underestimate Denver's defense.

I'm not, I'm underestimating their offense.

Unless Manning can find some arm strength and his recievers start catching, then they will be in trouble.

Being at home helps if they win, but watching this game was not a vote of confidence for either team really.

That 2-point play was an awesome play call

It really was, worth the timeout

In Denver. Blizzard conditions. I'll take my chances against Brady.

I just wish Manning had shown me something to latch onto. But man there's nothing there. Then of course you're betting on Gary Kubiak over Belichick. Denver's defense gives them a chance, though.

I hope Watkins is just involved that many times next year

Sacked on 4th and 5, damn. Somewhere Goodell just changed his pants as he can sell Manning vs Brady 35.0

Given Peyton's decrepit state, I don't count it.

Think anyone will notice if Eli replaces Peyton?

I just wish Manning had shown me something to latch onto. But man there's nothing there. Then of course you're betting on Gary Kubiak over Belichick. Denver's defense gives them a chance, though.

I'm with you on Manning, he just looks done.  But if we can get the weather to cooperate and equalize the offenses...maybe, just maybe we won't have to endure those from NE in another Super Bowl.

I'm with you on Manning, he just looks done. But if we can get the weather to cooperate and equalize the offenses...maybe, just maybe we won't have to endure those ###### from NE in another Super Bowl.

I will say, the status of NE's LBs will loom large. If Collins, Hightower and Mayo and all out or playing at 70%...

Denver's defense could pull a 2000 Ravens and drag the offense to victory, but it's just so hard to bet on it in today's NFL.

Even if Denver makes it to the SB, Carolina/Arizona will murder them

There is the fact that Brady's line blows, as was on full display against the Fish in week 17.

If Miami can do that to NE, them Denver can make Brady's life very difficult

Edited by WildCard

Even if Denver makes it to the SB, Carolina/Arizona will murder them

There is the fact that Brady's line blows, as was on full display against the Fish in week 17.

If Miami can do that to NE, them Denver can make Brady's life very difficult

I think either NFC team should be clear favorites, regardless of the AFC team. I just don't want the Pats to even get there. The mere thought is truly nauseating.

If your special teams and defense allows a team to march down the field and score why does a team deserve a shot on offense? Kickoff, cover on special teams and have your defense hold for a 3 and out and you get the ball at about midfield. The college system is horrible and not a reflection of the game, like the NHL's 3 on 3 is not representative of the game as a whole.

The Packers had a chance to win the game. The had a choice to go for 2 pts with no time on the clock. They decided to go for the single extra point. If Mike McCarthy would have showed some balls the Packers might be alive in the playoffs today. It was that decision that ended up costing the Packers the game, not a coin flip.    

I would argue that unless you're talking about a drive at the end of a half and perfect time management, the other team getting a shot at equalizing the score is more in line with the rest of the game than one team getting the ball on a coin flip and being able to end the game.

I'll agree that NFL coaches can be too conservative, but kicking an extra point at the end of regulation is the right call. One number I saw was 2-point conversations are successful around 47% of the time. So it's close to the 50% chance of winning the flip (and the advantage that still gives, apparently).

I like this to an extent. The current system is fine with me, but I wouldn't mind a system that progresses as the OT goes.

Each team gets one possession. You can kick a FG or go for a TD and kick an extra point on the first possession. On the second possession it's the same but now you have to go for two. On the third possession it's TD or bust and you must go for two.

I think you may have that the wrong way around, but I'm not sure. I'd say TDs first with extra point an option, then TDs with only 2-point, and then FGs OK. In your system, if you get to the third possession, the game could go forever with teams not being able to score a TD.

Hey guys and gals,

It's January 17, 2016.

Time for a Buffalo Bills 2016 thread?

I think this thread usually hangs around until after the Superbowl, as in 2015 season not calendar year. True, the football season bleeds into 2016, but the Bills' season never does.

Edited by MattPie

Short memory, MattPie.  The last time the Bills played in January was 16 days ago.

(I knew what you meant.)

GR this morning talking about the possibility of trading for Tennessee's first overall pick.  Nope.

I might consider trading down though.

Short memory, MattPie.  The last time the Bills played in January was 16 days ago.

(I knew what you meant.)

GR this morning talking about the possibility of trading for Tennessee's first overall pick.  Nope.

I might consider trading down though.

How much would that even cost? Way too much for my liking I'd guess, and considering there isn't a Luck coming out this year, I'll pass

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.